Bought a resale contract, and my affiliation on my digital card shows DVC Y

Yes, I’ve read of it happening to others. Enjoy it as long as it lasts! (I assume you don’t qualify for Membership Extras in some other way, so it may or may not change to DVC ND someday.)

Spent a week at WDW early this month and almost every POS transition the CM asked me if I knew why my digital card said DVC Y. I knew the answer but it surprised me that so many CM's brought it up.

Spent a week at WDW early this month and almost every POS transition the CM asked me if I knew why my digital card said DVC Y. I knew the answer but it surprised me that so many CM's brought it up.
Were they quizzing you? Or were they thinking it wasn’t legit?

Were they quizzing you? Or were they thinking it wasn’t legit?
No. I suspect they are educating any guests that present a digital DVC card to explain why they may or may not be eligible for discounts. Her words were "you bought direct from Disney so you are eligible for discounts and other benefits."

Out of curiosity, is it letting you book Riviera inventory?

DVC Y has nothing to do with the system and where points can be used. One can be DVC Y because they own direct points but can’t use resale points to book RIV.

I had that with my BLT points before I sold them. I’d also keep checking if I had it because they have the ability to change it automatically and people have seen it go to ND when this first started.

The other place to check is the membership card on the website. If it shows the DVC Y card and it shouldn’t, then someone for sure is luckY!

And for what it's worth, CMs seem lax on checking it anyway. Was in Disney two weeks ago and amongst the 10s of transactions - where I said I was "DVC", I got the discount without showing proof in all but two situations. This was anywhere from merch, quick-service, signature, or other eligible venues.

And for what it's worth, CMs seem lax on checking it anyway. Was in Disney two weeks ago and amongst the 10s of transactions - where I said I was "DVC", I got the discount without showing proof in all but two situations. This was anywhere from merch, quick-service, signature, or other eligible venues.
It’s only going to matter really if they ever bring the Sorceror’s pass back.

We had similar experience last week. DH would ask whether they offered a DVC or AP discount and whether they needed to see proof of eligibility. Some CMs did and some didn’t.

We had similar experience last week. DH would ask whether they offered a DVC or AP discount and whether they needed to see proof of eligibility. Some CMs did and some didn’t.
For all the fuss about having it electronically verifiable - it seems like actually checking it died down even faster .. big difference from throughout 2022 to now ... dunno ...

For all the fuss about having it electronically verifiable - it seems like actually checking it died down even faster .. big difference from throughout 2022 to now ... dunno ...

I was there in December and asked to show all the time. So I think it just varies.

I was there in December and asked to show all the time. So I think it just varies.
Maybe so ... was there in May, July, and September last year after the electronic implementation and they were all over it 7/8 times out of 10 - anywhere where we tried to squeeze a discount. Then in January at Topolinos, Citricos, California Grill, Disney Springs Disney Stores, Merch Shops in park - where you would think they would be on top of it - notta ...

hit or miss on the CM asking.
we were there in nov. Some just said yes when I asked for my DVC discount…. Some asked to see the digital card, one tried to refuse the discount because my card wasn’t in my digital wallet….

my wife was down two weeks ago said it was 50/50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!