Bought a Pair of Toms Shoes ... Too Tight?!?

robinb

DIS veteran
I just bought a pair of Tom's Classic shoes in a size 7.5. I usually wear an 8.5. I tried on the 8's and they fit really nice out of the box, but I was afraid that they would be too big once they stretched out. So, I went down to a 7.5 and they are pretty darn tight. Should they really be a whole size smaller? Or should I return them for a size 8 which fits perfectly now? The heel on the left foot is rubbing a bit as I wear them inside the house tonight.

I just bought a pair of Tom's Classic shoes in a size 7.5. I usually wear an 8.5. I tried on the 8's and they fit really nice out of the box, but I was afraid that they would be too big once they stretched out. So, I went down to a 7.5 and they are pretty darn tight. Should they really be a whole size smaller? Or should I return them for a size 8 which fits perfectly now? The heel on the left foot is rubbing a bit as I wear them inside the house tonight.

have you had toms before? Mine stretched out quite a bit after I wore my constantly. If you think a size 8 would be better go for it. if its rubbing you might be at risk for a blister which is never fun!

No, this is my first pair. They are the same size as my DD's pair, which also makes me nervous since I know my DD's fins ... I mean feet ... are smaller than mine. We are going to Paris in a few weeks and I wanted comfy shoes.

No, this is my first pair. They are the same size as my DD's pair, which also makes me nervous since I know my DD's fins ... I mean feet ... are smaller than mine. We are going to Paris in a few weeks and I wanted comfy shoes.

they're wicked comfy once you stretch yours out a bit. I got mine in december and they broke in rather quickly. I think you should go up a bit though. you can always make them smaller with an insole but you can't really make them bigger unless you stretch way too much. They're my favorite pair of shoes.

I have 6 pairs of Toms (can you tell I love them??)

They should be a bit snug at first but will stretch out a bit. None of mine have stretched to the point of being too big though. I think if they're uncomfortable now, you might want to exchange for a size up.

I normally wear a 10 in shoes and ordered my Toms in a 10 as well. They were great at first, but then became loose as they stretched out. I received a pair of 9.5 Toms as a gift. They were super tight when I received them, but were personalized and couldn't be returned. I put a pair of shoe trees in them for a couple of days to stretch and now they are perfect! I compared the soles to my size 10 Toms and they use the same exact sole. The 10 just had a little bit more material. If you have shoe trees handy, I would recommend trying them!

I have several pairs also and I've always gone UP half a size. I would say if they feel that snug you should go to the 8.

I have several pairs of Toms as well; they tell you when buying that you should buy a size smaller. They will stretch and mold to your feet. They are suppose to be tight at first. I believe they are made this way on purpose so that they will last longer. If you get your size they will get too stretched out and you might get holes in them faster. So just wear them for the next 3 days or so and you'll find they will start molding to your feet.

I have been thinking about getting some Toms since Pinterest turned me on to them. Only trouble is I typically wear a wide shoe size 11. The site says they all come in a medium width and that can be hit or miss for me. How wide do they feel when you put them on?

I returned the shoes and got a pair of 8's instead because my toes were curled up a bit in the 7.5's. I tried on 3 pairs of 8's before I found the perfect pair. The sales people were saying that Toms has 3 different factories so fit can vary between one pair of shoes to another. They are not something that I would buy online if I could help it. Unfortunately, it appears that Toms is narrowing the number of stores that carry their shoes instead of expanding. Journey's used to carry their shoes but don't any longer. The place I bought mine (Trade Home) was selling them hand over fist. I swear ... every single person in the store both yesterday and today were buying Toms! It must make the salespeople crazy to have being out 2-5 pairs of the same color/style shoes for every single person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter