Bottom Meyerwerft Webcam Pic Updated!

DeannaMKB

Mouseketeer
I just checked their site after reading the thread yesterday about that webcam not being updated and the bottom picture is now saying Jan 7! What do you guys think? How's she look? Does it still look like the Dream to you??? I'm soooo excited!

Which hunk of metal are you referring to ? :) The one on that is taking shape is the Celebrity Eclipse? If you look at thier website, it lookes exactly like the Eclipse. I wished the almost finished ship was Disney's.

I posted a thread about this camera a week ago. It hadn't been updated in weeks, now it is. I really think that the ship in front of the Eclipse is the stern of the Dream. The glass around the top deck looks like the Disney ships, others ships look different. It's not much of a view, but we'll take it!

Yes, that distinctive glass is Disney for sure!

I am not sure, but I think they mean the glass that goes around Deck 9 (speaking in Magic/Wonder terms). When I saw it, it reminded me of the Wonder and Magic.

I don't think the Dream would be that far along yet in construction...:confused3

There was a press release from Meyerwerft last year that, in compliance with Disney's request, the building of the two ships would not be televised or photographed :confused3

There was a press release from Meyerwerft last year that, in compliance with Disney's request, the building of the two ships would not be televised or photographed :confused3

I don't think the Dream is "technically" on the webcam. They advertise it as the Celebrity Eclipse and no one at MW is saying the other ship is the Dream. So they might be able to get away with it for a while but it will be interesting to see what is shown on the cam when the Eclipse gets rolled out (Mar 10, I think?).

I am not sure, but I think they mean the glass that goes around Deck 9 (speaking in Magic/Wonder terms). When I saw it, it reminded me of the Wonder and Magic.

Exactly!!!

I don't think the Dream would be that far along yet in construction...:confused3

I'm pretty sure most ships are built in modules. The superstructure could be that far along, but still a long way from complete. Watching this web cam for the last year or so, it has surprised me how "complete" the ships look, paint jobs and such, but have months and months of construction still to be done. I think the basic structure must be the easy part, fitting her out with the insane variety of systems has to take the majority of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter