Boston Hotels - HELP!!!

rflorek

DIS Veteran
My boyfriend and I are traveling to Boston for the first time this June. We are going for a long weekend (sat through Tues). I had no idea that hotels in Boston were so expensive!!!! We are flying on, and plan on relying on public transportation the whole trip (heard the T is great!).

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced hotel in a decent neighborhood close to a T line?

Thanks!

When we go to Boston we always stay in Saugus mass. We stay at the days inn there. It is much cheaper to stay out of Boston. The hotel will pick you up at the airport and take you to the hotel. THen you sign up each day for a return trip into the city, they drop you off at the airport or the airport T and then you just hop on the subway and enjoy Boston. We live in Maine and this way we do not have to drive into the city (yuck)
I hope this helps you!! GO REDSOX!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, we've stayed at the Sheraton near the Prudential Center. It was very nice with a T-station right there, a mall and Dick's Last Resort (wicked fun bar). I can't recall how much it was and we also paid for parking. You can take the T to Fenway or walk, it's about 20 minutes and a nice safe walk.

Edited to add: We also stayed at a Staybridge Suite (Holiday Inn) in Burlington, MA last year. $99 per night plus free parking for a 2 bedroom suite. It was really nice. There's a huge mall down the street. Otherwise we didn't go out in the neighborhood much. We did have our car though - you have to drive about 10 miles to the Alewife T station, pay $5 to park and then take the T to Fenway. It was about a 1/2 T ride and we had to switch once. I would do this again though because the hotel was a great deal.

I'm looking into June myself. We're orginally from Boston. They really ahve gone up high!!
You really have to be careful with the less expensive hotels. Some are run down, very old.

So far, my best deal has been the Hilton Garden Inn in Waltham. Not on the "T". There is also a Courtyard Marriot in Revere that is fairly new with some good prices. That would be closer to the "T" but, not in the best of areas.
So far the best deal within walking distacnce to the "T" (6 blocks) is the Hampton Inn on Mass. Ave, near the Longwood Medical Center. It's $155.00 for our dates in June.
We'll have a car and we are familiar with driving into Boston, so we may opt for the Hilton Garden Inn in Waltham. I like to stay in that area. We can easily drive to the Newton train station, park there and take teh train into town.
Did I confuse you?

What about the Holiday Inn near Mass General. I think it's on Blossom St. They might be more reasonable. I've stayed there when work has put us up overnight. It's nothing fancy, but clean & safe.

Also, I don't know how much it is but the Onyx near the Garden is awesome! It's fairly new and very funky. Work put me up there once and I loved it!

Nine Zero & The Omni Parker House are really nice too, but probably really pricey.

Have a great time in Boston!

If you search around, you will find an affordible place to stay. I've planned many a Boston trip, and no matter how bad it seems, something good always comes up. A good resource for checking up on hotels are the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com

One thing that helps is to be a little flexible with "close to the T". If you guys are up for walking a little ways to get to a station, it opens up a lot more choices. Boston's a great walking city - taking a stroll with your boyfriend on a beautiful June day isn't the worst thing in the world :)

You could also try priceline or hotwire--you can often get very good deals through them.

If you don't mind a very small room, you can check with the Park Plaza to see what they have available. It's an older hotel, and has some rooms that are very tiny but reasonable priced for Boston.

There aren't many hotels in nice areas in outer Boston that have good T access. About the only one I can think of is the Courtyard in Woburn. Anywhere else, you're probably going to need a car.

There is a Holiday Inn in Newton that is literally a stones throw to the Green Line which will take you right into Boston. It is also right off of Rt 128, so driving is convenient also.

I live about 45 minutes outside Boston and while I never stay in the city, I know how ridiculous the prices can be. Public transportation is the way to go.

We stayed at the Westin in Copley Square last April for $149 per night and it was fantastic. Go to their website (www.starwoodhotels.com I think) and keep clicking around until you find a good deal. The room (truly a heanvenly bed!), view, fitness center, hot tub, staff were all great. The location can't be beat - Newbury St is 2 blocks over, public gardens 3 blocks down, Fenway about a 10 min walk, a T stop is right across the street. Hope you get a good deal and have a wonderful time!

kelleigh1 said:
There is a Holiday Inn in Newton that is literally a stones throw to the Green Line which will take you right into Boston. It is also right off of Rt 128, so driving is convenient also.

I thought of that one but it has been there ever since I can remember. Any ideas of it's condition? I got a rate of $124.00 for my dates, not bad.
I personally think Woburn is too far from the city. Anything North of Boston always seems like too much traffic to me as well.

lastminutemomma said:
We stayed at the Westin in Copley Square last April for $149 per night and it was fantastic. Go to their website (www.starwoodhotels.com I think) and keep clicking around until you find a good deal. The room (truly a heanvenly bed!), view, fitness center, hot tub, staff were all great. The location can't be beat - Newbury St is 2 blocks over, public gardens 3 blocks down, Fenway about a 10 min walk, a T stop is right across the street. Hope you get a good deal and have a wonderful time!

I have stayed there, it is beautiful. june will be a lot higher in price. There is no availability for my June dates at any of the Sheraton Boston hotels. I wonder if there is a conference in town or something.

CPM said:
I thought of that one but it has been there ever since I can remember. Any ideas of it's condition? I got a rate of $124.00 for my dates, not bad.
I personally think Woburn is too far from the city. Anything North of Boston always seems like too much traffic to me as well.

Honestly...I've never been inside the place.

If you don't mind staying further outside the city, there is a really nice Holiday Inn in Mansfield that my husband and I stayed at while we were dating. Mansfield is on the commuter rail line, so it was easy for me to hop on a train and get into the city for work.

If you can get the Westin Copley at a rate near $149, that's a steal for a wonderful hotel.

If you have a Costco membership, check out their deals on Wyndham hotels. There is one in Boston right near Fanueil Hall that is walking distance to many tourist attractions and about a 5 minute walk from the nearest T station. Through Costco, you could get it for 50% off the rack rate, so probably around $150/night.

Good Luck!

My sister and I spent a weekend at the Boston Park Plaza in October. We got a great rate and it was beautiful and a wonderful location. I will stay there again on future visits. I couldn't believe how big the room was.

There is no availability for my June dates at any of the Sheraton Boston hotels. I wonder if there is a conference in town or something.

Commencements. It's a college town!

It's been awhile, but I've stayed at the Harborside Inn at 185 State Street, a block from Quincy Market. Go on tripadvisor to read about recent visits there. The location is excellent!!!

daisax said:
Commencements. It's a college town!

College graduations are pretty much all in May. High school would be in June, but I don't think that would really affect hotels. I'm still trying to figure out what is happening in June. I thought I'd heard about something, but now can't remember.

There's a Marriott in Quincy, which is just south of Boston. It's down the street from The Quincy Adams T stop (the redline). It's only about a 20 minute T ride into Boston.

Quincy is the birth place of John Adams & John Quincy Adams, so there are a few historic sites to see here (like their homes), if you were interested.

kelleigh1 said:
College graduations are pretty much all in May. High school would be in June, but I don't think that would really affect hotels. I'm still trying to figure out what is happening in June. I thought I'd heard about something, but now can't remember.

That's what I was thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter