Borrowing question

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
So, I think I really messed up points today :mad: We are planning a trip to Disney in September of 2018, which I would be able to make reservations for in about a month. So we've been missing Disney and today, we saw four days available in about 2 weeks and we got excited and borrowed points from 2018 and planned an unexpected trip. About three hours after I made the reservations, I realized, I borrowed from the 2018 points I needed for the Sept. 2018 trip. I no longer have enough points in my Feb. 2018 UY to cover my trip in Sept. 2018.

So, I can't access the 2019 points to borrow until Feb. 2018 can I? Which means I can't use the 11 month booking window for my home resort, and will be making reservations right at 7 months, right?

I have never done anything spur of the moment when it comes to Disney - I always plan ahead very carefully! That is why DVC works so well for us, because we always plan ahead. I guess I'll learn my lesson!

You are fine.
Look in your account, your 2019 points are there and can be borrowed for any trip in your 2018 use year.

Use year only is only meaningful to the check-in day, not when you book.

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! That takes a load of worry off my mind!

Have a great time! One of the easiest ways for me to remember when planning, is to first determine UY of travel....then, when I call at 11 months, I know I can use banked points from the UY prior to the travel, points from the UY of travel, and borrow points from the UY after travel. As mentioned, doesn't matter when you call, only matters that the points are eligible to be used for that vacation.

The only piece that has to be done prior to making the reservation is that points must actually be banked prior if you want to use them in that status. For example, I have 2017 UY points right now from my June UY. If I want to use them for next summer, I would have to bank them first, then call or use online booking since my travel would be in my 2018 UY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter