Borrow or Transfer - Limited Points

kandlsutton

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of a quick trip to AKL for my son’s 18th birthday in May ‘22. It will just be me, DH and DS. Problem is my resale contract is stripped with no points until DEC 22. Looking at 3 nights Memorial Day weekend in either a Deluxe Studio club level or 1BR savannah view. Studio is 63pts and 1BR is 103pts.

If 50% borrowing rule is still in place, I can get the studio but not the 1BR. I know I need to book the studio at 11mo out, but my assumption is the 1BR should have availability at 7mo out.

I will have 43 points left in my RIV AUG UY that I should be able to transfer to complete/book 1BR reservation. Or I could bank them but would have to use them before August 23 and the plan is to bank AUG 22 points for a bigger trip in fall 23.

Can I transfer all 43 points or just enough to complete the reservation? Looks like I will have an extra 3 points hanging out somewhere unless I wait until 7mo to book any reservation.

Any advice or recommendations?

Just remember that you can’t borrow transferred points so they will need to be your Aug 2021 points because that is the UY the May 2022 trip will be in for an Aug UY.

You can transfer just what you need to complete the booking at 7 months because RIV points can’t be used until then, even if you put them in the other membership.

It does require a call but once you have them in the Dec UY membership, you can book online with your AKV points.

The other option is to book some nights on one and some on the other and ask MS to make a note it is the same group so you don’t need to change rooms and not get involved in the transfer at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter