Booking w/DD question

reagansmom

Mouseketeer
We are going on the Dream in Feb 2013 for two B2B. It will be me, DH and DD (6) in one stateroom and my mom in the adjoining stateroom. Since mom has to pay the single supplement, I thought about "moving" DD to my mom's state room. It would save us around $700.

Am I missing something on why this would be a bad idea?

No problems at all your daughter can sleep where ever you want her to. The only thing is her KTTWC (room key) will be to your mom's room, and your daughter will be assigned to your mom's rooms lifeboat station. If your rooms are near each other this won't be a problem.

We have done this several times and I see no disadvantage at all. That $700 can be used elsewhere. Have a fun cruise!

You will be able to get a new KTTW card for DD to your room from GS if that is where you want her to sleep. She will still need to go to the other room's muster station. That can be a different location even if the rooms are next to each other.

I have also thought of this if my SIL ever wanted to cruise with us and she would have her own cabin, and of course, be paying the "double" single rate.

We were going to handle the financials differently though as I would offer to pay my SIL the amount I would've paid for my dd if she were sharing my room, since I would've paid it anyway. I think it's awful that a single has to pay a full 2 person cabin rate. I get that they are still taking up one whole cabin - but food is also included and a single is definitely not eating for two, but that's a whole other topic.

I had not thought of the different muster stations. For that reason alone, my husband would absolutely insist that are cabins were near each other and at the same muster station, just for safety and peace of mind.

I have also thought of this if my SIL ever wanted to cruise with us and she would have her own cabin, and of course, be paying the "double" single rate.

We were going to handle the financials differently though as I would offer to pay my SIL the amount I would've paid for my dd if she were sharing my room, since I would've paid it anyway. I think it's awful that a single has to pay a full 2 person cabin rate. I get that they are still taking up one whole cabin - but food is also included and a single is definitely not eating for two, but that's a whole other topic.

I had not thought of the different muster stations. For that reason alone, my husband would absolutely insist that are cabins were near each other and at the same muster station, just for safety and peace of mind.

Just be aware, it's possible for rooms to be next door to each other and have different lifeboat station. Our MR cruise our room mustered in the WDT, while DD & her BF were on deck 4 midship.

:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter