Booking using airline miles

Jonell

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever booked a Disney resort using their United Airline miles? I'm just wondering how this process works. Also if you had the choice would you book a Disney deluxe resort or the Waldorf Astoria for half the points as the Disney resort?

I've never used my United points to book a Disney resort but as to the other question about booking a deluxe Disney resort or offsite hotel for 1/2 the points, I would say that depends on your plans overall.

Do you plan on doing a lot of other activities in Orlando or just WDW?

Do you have other plans for the points that it would pain you to use more points to stay at a WDW resort?

I think that even if you book a Disney resort with points you can buy the dining plan (may want to doublecheck) but if the dining plan is something you are interested in then you can't buy that if you are staying at an offsite resort.

By staying onsite you could avoid renting a car. You can catch the ME if you fly and the resort transportation is good.

Also, depending when you are there the EMH may be a benefit to get more park time.

So - the extra points for the onsite hotel depends on some of these other options you may or may not value!

I've never used my United points to book a Disney resort but as to the other question about booking a deluxe Disney resort or offsite hotel for 1/2 the points, I would say that depends on your plans overall.

Do you plan on doing a lot of other activities in Orlando or just WDW?

Do you have other plans for the points that it would pain you to use more points to stay at a WDW resort?

I think that even if you book a Disney resort with points you can buy the dining plan (may want to doublecheck) but if the dining plan is something you are interested in then you can't buy that if you are staying at an offsite resort.

By staying onsite you could avoid renting a car. You can catch the ME if you fly and the resort transportation is good.

Also, depending when you are there the EMH may be a benefit to get more park time.

So - the extra points for the onsite hotel depends on some of these other options you may or may not value!

Our stay would only be for 1-2 nights before our DVC stay. I would love to stay at the Grand Floridian but it's 71,000 pts per night were the Waldorf, which I'm sure is more upsale, is 35,000 per night. My husband flys to the Middle East and back every month so he is accumulating many points.

Has anyone ever booked a Disney resort using their United Airline miles? I'm just wondering how this process works. Also if you had the choice would you book a Disney deluxe resort or the Waldorf Astoria for half the points as the Disney resort?

1) I still have miles "in the bank"
. . . 420,000 miles with Delta
. . . 261,000 miles with United
2) We used some United points at the Waldorf at Disney
. . . it was more upscale than GF, IMHO
. . . it was also a far better deal than the GF

Our stay would only be for 1-2 nights before our DVC stay. I would love to stay at the Grand Floridian but it's 71,000 pts per night were the Waldorf, which I'm sure is more upsale, is 35,000 per night. My husband flys to the Middle East and back every month so he is accumulating many points.

Well - given that it's just a few nights before your DVC stay I'd say the Waldorf is the best way to go!! But then again, if your DH accumulates a lot of points in his travel you could always splurge! Haha - that wasn't much help was it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter