Booking Two Poly Studios at Once?

thelittledipster

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to book two studios at once? If not, any tips for how best to do this, two browser Windows?

I know it’s not guaranteed to get connecting rooms, but pretty good chance - right?

Owners can always book multiple rooms at once, only limited by their points and availability. Are you renting points? Connecting room is just a room request, not guaranteed, and a better chance when its not sold out.

If you are a DVC owner, booking on line, you can only do 1 at a time. Book room 1, then right away book another. Then e-mail or chat or call MS to have those 2 reservation marked as traveling together and request connecting units.

ok thanks, that’s what I thought!

As noted, to get two studies requires two sequential, not simulataneous, reservations. You need to finish one before starting the other.

As to whether that means potential disappointment, the answer is usually not at Poly. At 11 months out, the studios are always open to easily do two sequential reservations. At 7 months out, there are times, particulalry in the late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan period, when studios are difficult to get at 7 months, but usually in that situation, you won’t even be able to get one since the rooms are already filled. At many times between mid-Jan and late Sep, Poly studios are available at 7 months out and if you can get one, it is likely you can get the second one.

As to getting connecting rooms, as noted it is a non-guaranteed request. However, for Poly there is always a very high probability of having the request fulfilled. That is because of the 360 studios at Poly, only two do not connect to another studio.

Last edited:
There was a point in time, back in 2016 or 2017, where booking two connecting Poly studios was actually a booking category. It didn't last very long, but it was there.

Steve

Is it possible to book two studios at once? If not, any tips for how best to do this, two browser Windows?

I know it’s not guaranteed to get connecting rooms, but pretty good chance - right?
Since you have to book one and then the other, put only the lead guest’s name and information on the first. Then book the second. You can add the remaining guests’ names and information later via chat or email or calling.

this is why it would be nice to have an inventory indicator since we can only book 1 at a time. makes a difference esp if one is contemplating borrowing points for the reservations. In that case those points would be stuck in that use year😖

this is why it would be nice to have an inventory indicator since we can only book 1 at a time. makes a difference esp if one is contemplating borrowing points for the reservations. In that case those points would be stuck in that use year😖

If that happened I'd call MS right away and tell them you weren't able to get both rooms you needed. I suspect in most cases they would return the borrowed points. They don't have to but I think odds are good enough to make it worthwhile asking.

Consider "walking" one of the studios a day or two ahead of when you want them. That way, if you get the second one you will only need to modify the first one you booked to the preferred dates. It would take some of the stress out of booking two, because the modification wouldn't have to be done right away.

Good luck!

Just email MS and ask them to include "Traveling With Res # 1234567890" to each reservation.

There was a point in time, back in 2016 or 2017, where booking two connecting Poly studios was actually a booking category. It didn't last very long, but it was there.

Steve
Just imagine if this was still available, fewer people would be calling MS, freeing up those CM’s to answer other calls making shorter wait times. Why do that

Just imagine if this was still available, fewer people would be calling MS, freeing up those CM’s to answer other calls making shorter wait times. Why do that
I suspect because the back end inventory system doesn't look at room units available by number/building. That is done by assignors not at booking time. So promising connecting becomes risky 11 months out.

However, for Poly there is always a very high probability of having the request fulfilled. That is because of the 360 studios at Poly, only two do not connect to another studio.
Are there other resorts that have a high probability of getting a connecting studio if requested?

Yes to this! I'm wanting to book at BRV or CCV next October but have to do it 7 months out. Yes, fall frenzy!!! I would prefer to book two studios as opposed to a 1-BR, and I will have to borrow to book. My fear is that I book one studio and then can't get another, and then by the time I try to modify the one studio to a 1-BR, it will be gone, too.

Actually you can do one reservation online using some borrowed points, and then attempt to do a second reservation, and if you cannot get to the point of availability in that second reservation, you can cancel the first one and have borrowed points returned to the original use year.

When doing any successful reservation, you will get to the last page that confirms it. That page also gives you an option to completely cancel the reservation you just made, and all points go back to their original location (including borrowed points are returned to original use year).

The key to making two reservations is to get to that last page for the first one and not close or leave that page in the window you are in. Instead, open a new window on your computer, go to the DVC site and then start the second reservation that you want, if you get to the availability page showing the reservation is available, you just continue to complete that second reservation -- and it will show points to use on the basis that first reservation is already confirmed.

If in attempting the second reservation, you cannot get to the availability page because the rooms are filled, you can then go back to the original window and cancel the first reservation using the cancellation option on that page, and points will be returned to your account as if no reservation had been made.

Last edited:
Actually you can do one reservation online using some borrowed points, and then attempt to do a second reservation, and if you cannot get to the point of availability in that second reservation, you can cancel the first one and have borrowed points returned to the original use year.

When doing any successful reservation, you will get to the last page that confirms it. That page also gives you an option to completely cancel the reservation you just made, and all points go back to their original location (including borrowed points are returned to original use year).

The key to making two reservations is to get to that last page for the first one and not close or leave that page in the window you are in. Instead, open a new window on your computer, go to the DVC site and then start the second reservation that you want, if you get to the availability page showing the reservation is available, you just continue to complete that second reservation -- and it will show points to use on the basis that first reservation is already confirmed.

If in attempting the second reservation, you cannot get to the availability page because the rooms are filled, you can then go back to the original window and cancel the first reservation, and points will be returned to your account as if no reservation had been made.
Wow! I never knew this! Thanks for the valuable information.

If in attempting the second reservation, you cannot get to the availability page because the rooms are filled, you can then go back to the original window and cancel the first reservation, and points will be returned to your account as if no reservation had been made.

Tricky!

And surprising that the second browser doesn't reset your position to do this so good to know.

If you are a DVC owner, booking on line, you can only do 1 at a time. Book room 1, then right away book another. Then e-mail or chat or call MS to have those 2 reservation marked as traveling together and request connecting units.
Studio's don't connect except at poly. Most studios are not even next door. Usually.... Studio, 1 br, 2 br. Then sometimes a Grand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter