Booking through a TA and then reshop cruise onboard

Pooh93

DIS Veteran
We are sailing the Dream on Aug 5 and want to book a 2020 cruise on the Magic to have the grand slam experience. I received a quote from DU but wonder if I should wait and just book onboard and transfer to them or pay the deposit now and reshop onboard.

Thoughts? TIA.

Standard advice is to always book immediately and then check when onboard to see if the price has stayed low enough to justify rebooking.

However, since you are already past the opening day feeding frenzy, I'd probably just wait the few weeks, book when onboard, and then transfer to your TA. (or if your upcoming cruise was booked through DU, you should be able to assign them as the TA while onboard.)

You just need to weigh the possibility of a specific cabin you want being sold in the next few weeks and/or the possibility of the cruise selling out versus the irritation of having to put a 20% deposit down now and still put a 10% deposit down for the same cruise while you do your onboard booking. (Yes, you'll get the 20% back, but it could be an issue to some people.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter