Booking the TGV

SteveyJC

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Im always a bit scared making a booking when it's on a foreign website/language.

What stations (exactly please!) shuould I put the leaving from/going to fields??

I wanna go from CDG airport to the clasest station to DLRP

using this website http://www.sncf.fr/indexe.htm

I know it seems stupid, im sorry!

Stevey

PS Would yuo guys recommend doing this in advance, or buy it when i arrive at station. Going in December, so can it get fully booked?

Hi Stevey, ok I don't know if I am exactly understand what you mean, but: as I know you could take the Disneybus from CDG Airport to the park hotels. the prise is 14 Euros per person and way I think. Last time I took this bus and it was a good disicion. hope I could help you.

Angela

i guess i could, but im not staying on site, wanted to get the TGV to the station, then back a stop or two on the RER

thanks

sc

I'd be interested to know how you get on. We have Annual Passes & are determined to make the most of them so have been twice this year already, we're going again for halloween and again the week before xmas. Have nearly got DH convinced we should stay at Disneyland Hotel at xmas as it will be our last visit for a long time so the October stay is on a really tight budget. We've booked to stay at Citea Bussy St Georges with Experdia (£48 per night for four of us) and are thinking about getting the train from CDG which we've never done. On our last trip DH did get the train to Bussy St Georges for a quick scout about. He says they were frequent, easy to use and the ticket was only a couple of Euros

the site that bexx has mentioned is very easy to use.

Cant book yet (im going in december)

between £11 and £16 each way. Seems expensive for being on a train for 10 mins!

sc

Cant book yet (im going in december)

Have you requested an email to be sent to you once you're able to book?

between £11 and £16 each way. Seems expensive for being on a train for 10 mins!

Agreed!! But I guess you're paying more for the fact that it does get you there quicker, and that's what most people want!!

Is it ok to just book the train once we get to CDG? I'm not sure how long it will take us to get through customs and get our luggage, so I'd hate to mis-judge and miss the train.

Hi Shortikell

I think we're going to be there at the same time. From checking the websites You can pay for TGV at CDG but it's more expensive. I'm still undecided on VEA or TGV I'll probably decide on arrival depending on how tired my DD(3) is after her early start. WE might go on shuttle if she's ready for a nap as she's more likely to sleep on a coach than a train which will be to much of an adventure to sleep on.

shortikell said:
Is it ok to just book the train once we get to CDG? I'm not sure how long it will take us to get through customs and get our luggage, so I'd hate to mis-judge and miss the train.

You can prebook the train you want, but if there are any problems, you can change the tickets for a later train at the station quite easily.

What time do you land and into which terminal? Some are quicker than others.

Teminal 2 is a fairly easy terminal to get out of (unlike Terminal 1 :rolleyes: ) because it's long and thin, so you're never far from the front door(s)!! I don't ever remember customs and luggage collection taking a particularly long time. And you are at the right terminal for the TGV, so even if you have to hop on the airport shuttle, it shouldn't take long to get to the station! Here's a map of the airport layout.

I would say that the 9.40 am train should be okay, unless your plane is delayed. Anyone feel free to holler, if I'm completely out of the loop with these timings!!

is it possible to get to CDG and the TGB be completely booked???

Stevey - I suppose it is possible. Perhaps if you've already booked a ticket, and have to change it to a later train, they might honour it even if that train is full. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter