Booking the Dream last minute

Ishara

Earning My Ears
I am trying to figure out if it will be cheaper to book now on the Dream for the Oct 20, 2011 sailing or wait until the last minute guaranteed cabins are out in a few weeks. Has anyone booked the last minute and did it save you money? Thanks

There is no guarantee that they will release last minute restricted fares (IGT, OGT, VGT). They've only done it for a Med cruise so far because it wasn't selling well. Most of the Dream sailings have been full so price has only been going up. If you wait any longer you may end up paying more. I say book it & if the price goes down or you something else cheaper you can cancel and rebook.

I agree I don't think there are going to be GTY rooms for the Dream sailings. They are already selling so well they don't need to discount them.

I would almost guarantee they will NOT have discounts on the Dream this year.....the ship is selling out every week and the future sales have surpassed DCL's projected estimates....no need to discount...people willingly paying to be onboard at full price.

As mentioned DCL offered those last minute rates on some Med cruises and I think a few of the very early Alaskan cruises because those cruises were not selling that well.

If you really want to sail the Dream the prices will go up.

MJ

Another vote for the fact that DCL won't be releasing any discounted rates for the Dream or Fantasy. They only do that when a cruise isn't selling, like the MRs with the kids free deals. It will be a bit before they have that issue with the new ships from the fact that the Dream has been all but sold out for 2011 for a while.

Given that EVERYTHING is sold out on that cruise except Verandah rooms (even Concierge is sold out :scared1:), I'd say there's no way they're going to release VGTs. They're selling at full price, and if, by chance, they DON'T sell out, they'd probably get just as much if not more from people upgrading to the verandahs than they would on a VGT deal. They simply have NO reason to offer a VGT deal. I'm pretty sure they'll sell.

The best thing I can suggest would be to stalk the site (right around the 75 day mark at Midnight and a few days afterwards ;)) to see if some lower category rooms open up. But banking on a VGT offer is, well, simply not going to happen. :sad2:

Thanks for the input. I called today but the cruise is out of my budget at what they are asking so I will have to stalk I guess and cross my fingers that something opens up.

Thanks for the input. I called today but the cruise is out of my budget at what they are asking so I will have to stalk I guess and cross my fingers that something opens up.

Good luck and WELCOME TO THE CRUISE BOARD!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1:

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!