Booking Tastings for Others

Purplejewel

Tink Fan!
Hello, I thought I would pose this question to the vast number of wonderful DisBoard members to see if anyone can answer it for me from experience. My sister is joining my family on a cruise in November. This will be her 1st cruise; however, this will be my 8th cruise so I currently have Gold Level Castaway Cay status. Because her booking window does not open up as early as mine, she will probably receive a later boarding time than me. We both want to sign up for several of the Tastings on this cruise. If I board first, will I be allowed to book the Tastings for myself and her by providing her cabin number and name or does she have to physically be there to book the Tastings for herself? Her cabin in linked by mine if that makes a difference. If they won't allow someone to make a reservation for someone other than themselves, if I have my husband (who is not interested in the Tastings) book with me, will they allow me to change the name on the reservation once my sister is able to board? Thanks in advance for anyone who has done either of these scenarios before and is kind enough to reply to my question. :goodvibes

I'm pretty sure you can book others with their cabin number. I think I was able to do that in Dec. for the gingerbread house. Nothing like a real definite answer, right?:rotfl:

Because you are linked, they should not have an issue allowing you to book a tasting for her. That being said, you may always get the crew member who doesn't know what they are doing and has an issue. You can have them book both for you and your husband. If you don't need to, you can just have your sister use the ticket in your husband's name (they don't really care at the tasting, just that they have one ticket for every person there). But if you want have it billed to her account instead of yours, you can go back at a later time and have them cancel your husband's ticket then book your sister.

I have been able to make changes at Palo for staterooms linked to ours, so the tastings should be handled the same way. :)

We booked wine tastings for DW & I as well as our DDs when we boarded. At the time we were gold & they were silver, with no problems. Our Reservations were linked. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter