Booking spa treatments

Minkyboodle

Ready to set sail!
This is my first post on the forum after lurking for a while. I did some searching, but I'm still not very clear on spa deals.

We will be taking our first cruise (Disney or otherwise) in April. We've booked a 4 nighter on the Dream. I'm treating myself to a spa treatment while onboard, but had a few questions...

I've heard that they occasionally offer specials while in port, or on other days. Is this something they update daily, or will they have them posted for all 5 days? I really want a massage, but it seems they also do combo deals for almost the same price. I don't want to miss my chance to splurge by having everything booked up, but if I can save some money, that would be a plus!

Basically, should I book something at my 75 days or just wait for a good deal to come up on the ship. I'm definitely feeling indecisive here and these boards have been a HUGE source of info.

Thanks in advance!

If you have your heart set on a specific treatment than book 75 days out for sure. DH and I have always had good luck getting one of the deals you spoke of....massages with facials, scalp massage combos with foot and ankle massages....if you look thru old navigators, you can see some of the specials they offer and they are some really good deals. If you just want something spa wise and don't really mind the combo and can be somewhat flexible with times, I say wait.....the deals are great.

Minkyboodle said:
This is my first post on the forum after lurking for a while. I did some searching, but I'm still not very clear on spa deals.

We will be taking our first cruise (Disney or otherwise) in April. We've booked a 4 nighter on the Dream. I'm treating myself to a spa treatment while onboard, but had a few questions...

I've heard that they occasionally offer specials while in port, or on other days. Is this something they update daily, or will they have them posted for all 5 days? I really want a massage, but it seems they also do combo deals for almost the same price. I don't want to miss my chance to splurge by having everything booked up, but if I can save some money, that would be a plus!

Basically, should I book something at my 75 days or just wait for a good deal to come up on the ship. I'm definitely feeling indecisive here and these boards have been a HUGE source of info.

Thanks in advance!

If you want something special like Alone Time I'd book it now just in case all the slots are taken on the ship (likely not). When you get in board you can change it to another time (more time slots available after you board) or cancel it and book different treatments. It's ok to cancel/change even the day before when on board but you might be charged for it before boarding. They will reverse those charges though so that's not a big issue. They have specials the day of sailing and every day afterwards. They are listed in your navigator. There's usually availability so from now I wait to book until after I board and not before.

phoenixleigh said:
I saw that there were couples villas but DH doesn't like massages

I haven't been to FL yet to sail on a Dream class ship so I don't know their spa offerings. The Wonder had massage villas for single sand adults. The Dream/Fantasy only have them for couples? That's sad of that's the case.

Be careful pre-booking online though - i believe what you book online becomes non-refundable after the online booking closes before you sail. Unless DCL has changed their policies, spa and excursions booked online can't be changed or canceled onboard.

If I want to pay for a spa treatment with cash instead of charging it to my KTTW card can I?

standardgirl said:
Be careful pre-booking online though - i believe what you book online becomes non-refundable after the online booking closes before you sail. Unless DCL has changed their policies, spa and excursions booked online can't be changed or canceled onboard.

I canceled something I had booked online. It wasn't an issue.

I haven't been to FL yet to sail on a Dream class ship so I don't know their spa offerings. The Wonder had massage villas for single sand adults. The Dream/Fantasy only have them for couples? That's sad of that's the case.

Yes, the Dream/Fantasy only have couples' villas. Very disappointing. I'm looking forward to our TA on the Magic in May so I can have my Alone Time treatment again. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter