Booking Resort for Thanksgiving, Minimal Moderates Showing Up?

happilyeverafterdw

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I am planning on visiting WDW for Thanksgiving. I am planning on staying for 2-3 days. I will have an annual pass at the time, however, I am not getting the pass until this summer after I move to FL. I was planning to use some AP discount to book the room. I did just notice however that there isn't much availability in terms of rooms as of right now. It looks like most of the moderates aren't showing any availability at all. Any advice????

Thanksgiving is a busy time of year. Also, SWGE will be open, so that could also cause greater impact on rooms being booked up. If you see what you want, book it now. You can apply the AP discount down the road when they’re announced (if applicable). Have fun!

Thanksgiving is a busy time of year. Also, SWGE will be open, so that could also cause greater impact on rooms being booked up. If you see what you want, book it now. You can apply the AP discount down the road when they’re announced (if applicable). Have fun!

Yes, this! We went to WDW right before Thanksgiving last year and I booked last March. Things were already filling up at that point. We had two rooms and I eventually was able to apply a discount to one of our rooms, but one remained at rack rate. It is a very busy time of year. If you know you want to go, book what you would like now and then, if and when discounts are released, see what is available in the discount inventory and modify at that point if there is something in that inventory that appeals to you.

My family went over Thanksgiving a few years ago. I booked twice, one night at rack rate and the rest of the trip at the discount in place. It was crazy busy then, and WDW has only gotten busier. Personally, I would book what you want now and when you get your AP you can book at a discount if there is something offered. I am not at all sure there will many more discounts offered now that SWGE dates have been revealed. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!