Booking package for 1, adding room only guest ok?

awaydrink

Earning My Ears
I saw a post from 2010 regarding it being possible to book a package for 1 person (hotel room + tickets) and then adding other guests who would buy tickets separately not within a package. My plan was to get the one package, so one person would have tickets, then buy an annual pass for the other person when at the parks.

Has anyone done this recently?

Hi awaydrink,

It is definitely possible to do what you described, I have done it a couple of times and am planning another trip the same way for April. I have even discussed the details of my trip with CMs on the Disneyland Paris booking phone line as our next trip will be club level.

We've done it for years, last time Christmas 2016.

However, there are rumors that it may change this year.

What are the rumors? I'm planning on going in November, would it be better to call sooner and lock this all in?

(Sorry to bombard you with questions!)

Packages are changing - after the end of March they will no longer include breakfast and there have also been rumours that they will also change the 'loophole' of being able to book someone into the room and just pay the local tax. Although this has not been confirmed.
To be honest if they change it I don't think it would make any different whether you have booked it now or not as you will only have booked for one person anyhow - the 2nd one will be booked in at check in - so the only thing you are locking in is the booking for one

Packages are changing - after the end of March they will no longer include breakfast and there have also been rumours that they will also change the 'loophole' of being able to book someone into the room and just pay the local tax. Although this has not been confirmed.
To be honest if they change it I don't think it would make any different whether you have booked it now or not as you will only have booked for one person anyhow - the 2nd one will be booked in at check in - so the only thing you are locking in is the booking for one

Oh, my mistake then. I thought I could add the room only person to the booking when calling and booking the package for one. I was unaware I had to add them on in person.

Oh, my mistake then. I thought I could add the room only person to the booking when calling and booking the package for one. I was unaware I had to add them on in person.

It might be worth ringing and getting a price for this though you might end up paying more than just the local tax of a few Euros which is where the advantage is of doing this

Update: I called the UK booking number and they promptly told me that this was not possible to book the room in this manner. They said that either the person with the AP book a room with the discount + add tickets for the second person or book a package and both people pay for tickets. It was worth a shot!

awaydrink it is definitely possible to book for one person then add more at check in. I have just spoken to someone on the Disneyland Paris phone line about doing that exact thing! You just book for one person and add the AP holder at check in for the cost of the hotel taxes. If they decide to close the loophole after you have booked just ring and add a second person to your booking.

awaydrink it is definitely possible to book for one person then add more at check in. I have just spoken to someone on the Disneyland Paris phone line about doing that exact thing! You just book for one person and add the AP holder at check in for the cost of the hotel taxes. If they decide to close the loophole after you have booked just ring and add a second person to your booking.

Absolutely right. We've been doing this for years, and generally don't even notify them in advance. The person you spoke to via the UK booking number was wrong.

Thanks! I'll try calling the French number and ask when I book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!