Booking now, getting discount or free dining later?

LisaTN

DIS Veteran
Im so confused about how this works. We want to go ahead and book out vacation for this fall. If they announce discounts or free dining are we able to take advantage of those if we have already booked?

Yes, you can call and add the promotional code to your reservation to receive the discount. If you book now, you can ensure you get the resort/room you want. If you wait until a discount comes out, you may not. We've booked three times and then called and applied a discount that came out later. Be sure to call and apply the discount, Disney won't automatically do this for you.

Also remember that you might have to be flexible with your resort/room options to get a discount. Every discount is available for limited rooms/categories/resort. Every time I've tried to apply a discount, I've had to change my room (from, say, standard to garden view), or resort.

Since waiting wouldn't change that, you might as well guarantee that you're going. Then you can decide what you're willing to do for the discount.

Yes, I booked my February 2013 package in August 2012 because the offers came out later than prior years. In October, they came out with the offers and it was very easy. I called and they applied a coupon code, it was a pretty quick process.

As others have said, you can call and have a discount applied to your reservation later if one comes out. However, there has to be availability for the resort/room type you already have booked in order to take advantage of a discount. Having a reservation in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied, so you may have to be flexible with your resort/room type. If you are taking the trip regardless of whether or not free dining (or another discount) comes out, I would book now; otherwise, I'd wait to see what (if any) promo comes out for your dates as booking now is one less room that will need to be filled should a discount be released.

Great! I'm going to keep an eye on discounts... Not even sure I my week is usually a week for discounts/free dining. And I'm bummed because we just got back but I didn't know about bounce back offers until after we left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter