Booking my First Cruise (Crowd Question)

mkb3

DIS Veteran
Booking my first cruise and while I'm not opposed of taking my daughter out of school we would prefer not to. Are most cruises booked to capacity? Since only so many folks can be on a boat at once are they pretty much the same no matter the time of year? Is it only one cruise ship at a time at Castaway Cay?

Thanks in advance for answering questions that I'm sure have been asked before.

1.During school holidays (summer, spring break, Christmas break, etc.), there will be more passengers. Even though most cruises have few if any empty cabins, when school breaks are going on cabin capacity will be more than at other times of the year due to more children being able to cruise. Also, the shorter cruises (3-4 nts) have more passengers even when school is in session as it is usually easier for parents to take kids out of school for a couple of days vs a week or more.

2. Yes, there will only be one ship at a time at Castaway Cay.

Hope this helps:)

The cruises do tend to cruise "full" most weeks regardless of school vacations. However, there are noticeably more children on the cruises during the typical school vacation times. I don't know if it's truly higher capacity, or simply a higher kid:adult ratio.

One ship at Castaway Cay. When that is the Dream or Fantasy, the island may feel more crowded than when the Magic or Wonder is in port, simply due to the larger ship capacity.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts