Booking Member Cruise

Mineu

DIS Veteran
Got through at 9:05, got the stateroom we wanted-yay!! But we've been on hold 50 minutes to pay...Is this a new process when booking these?

Got through at 9:05, got the stateroom we wanted-yay!! But we've been on hold 50 minutes to pay...Is this a new process when booking these?
They really should offer to call you back to get payment details. An hour or more waiting on hold to pay is ridiculous! Hope you have a speaker on your phone so you can do something else while you wait.

Congrats on getting your first choice stateroom!

Just booked our Member Stateroom too. It's all a very interesting process that's for sure. But can't wait to meet everyone on our sailing. We need to create a member-cruise forum... and FB page =)

Ok-now, I’m worried. Online chat said the agent should have given me the confirmation number before he transferred me to the pay line. Did anyone else get their confirmation number first?

I do not know if I have ever heard a busy signal when calling into MS. I have never been on a member cruise. Is the 20-30% additional cost as compared to a comparable (time and locations) Disney cruise worth it? I assume the answer is yes, hence the busy signal.

They really should offer to call you back to get payment details. An hour or more waiting on hold to pay is ridiculous! Hope you have a speaker on your phone so you can do something else while you wait.

Congrats on getting your first choice stateroom!
It is absolutely ridiculous. Ive been on hold awaiting payment for over two hours

i did however get a reference number before this two hour wait.

Got through at 10:00 and on hold for 40 minutes. My first choice (10A) was sold out and was second (7A). Got third (11A - specific cabin). Sent to pay where I spoke with actual DCL agent (first CM was seconded from DVC booking and put me on hold before responding to every question!) Wait to pay was about 5 minutes, and I had one more Q about getting on waitlist for another cabin. This CM put me on the list, told me I was second on list, so this was likely a good sign. And she was able to explain how waitlisting would be handled.
Not a bad experience - just expensive and no worse than getting specific dining reservations
If you don’t get your reservation number, c/b with the cabin number. Good luck!

We were placed back in the hold to pay, waited another hour and then everything was done! Also received a call from guest services from my FB chat message-they said a lot of people were disconnected and apologized for the delay.

I just read a post on FB that stated the 2020 member cruise is now sold out :scared1: We are sailing to Alaska this year so not doing the member cruise but we are doing the member cruise THIS October and as far as I know it didn't sell out until a few weeks ago

I just read a post on FB that stated the 2020 member cruise is now sold out :scared1: We are sailing to Alaska this year so not doing the member cruise but we are doing the member cruise THIS October and as far as I know it didn't sell out until a few weeks ago
And that news is also confirmed on the DVC Member Website. Sold out. Waitlist.

Heard they were having system problems on the payment side. Waited over an hour for payment, but they came on to say they'd call back when the system was up....called later and all was good.
Can't believe it sold out in just a few hours!
And yes, hope a Member Cruise 2020 Forum is started. We did that for the 2010 Member Cruise and it was great to sort of get to know people before we even boarded....

Wow! I didn’t expect the DVC Alaska Cruise to sell out, and even hoped I would have time to consider it AFTER DH and I went to Alaska this May.

Congratulations to all who made it on board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter