Booking Med cruise - reshopping?

keaster

DIS Veteran
Just wondering...

We are looking at booking the 12 night Med cruise to Venice for July 2013. If we book now, can we "reshop" it on board to get the onboard discount when we cruise on the Fantasy in March 2013?

You can rebook it as long as you're not past the paid in full date since then you would incur a loss to cancel and then book a new reservation to take advantage of the 10% and the onboard credit.

I believe that this is still current:
"Your full and final payment for Stateroom Categories 1-3 must be made 90 days prior to departure. Your full and final payment for Stateroom Categories 4-12 must be made 75 days prior to departure"

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/site-help/reservations-booking/apply-payment/

So you should have a small window of time to do so. However rates may go up or there may not be availability.

Yep, I plan on doing the same thing in March. As long as your cruise price hasn't changed much, you'll get the discounts. Usually pricing will go up if you're not sailing for a few months, so the price onboard could be more. Look at it this way, you'll be locking in the lowest price you can POSSIBLY pay at this time. If your booking is with DCL directly, they can just modify your reservation to include the discount. If you're booked with a TA, I believe you have to do a new booking and have the TA work out the room numbers........

I believe that even if you made the booking with DCL directly, they need to cancel and rebook onboard to get you the discount, they don't just modify the existing reservation.

I did this on my Fantasy cruise and in order to keep the same stateroom they moved the original reservation to another stateroom, booked a new reservation with the original stateroom, and then cancelled the original reservation.

Just wondering...

We are looking at booking the 12 night Med cruise to Venice for July 2013. If we book now, can we "reshop" it on board to get the onboard discount when we cruise on the Fantasy in March 2013?

By March 2013, the price of your Med cruise will probably be much higher, but it doesn't hurt to check.

You can reshop as long as you're not past the final payment date. Don't get your hopes up for a lower price though. The med cruises are selling VERY well. We tried to reshop our Alaska cruise when we were on the TA in 2010, but the prices were about $600 more than what we'd paid by that point, even after the 10% discount for onboard booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter