Booking for January 2007

lola4795

Mouseketeer
This is my first post on the Disboards, so please forgive me if it's in the wrong spot!

We are planning on going to WDW the last week in January. When is the best time to start booking our room. Our plan is to book 2 adjoining rooms at ASMo.

When I look on the Disney website they don't have dates in 2007 as an option yet. I called a TA who also didn't have any 2007 dates ready.

I want to book our trip soon! When do you think the info will be available!

Thanks!

I have my room for Feb 2007 already booked. I called Disney (CRO) and booked the room only. You will not be able to book anything else until the 2007 prices come out sometime early summer. I have booked my room at the regular price (111.00) until I can get the correct 2007 price. You will have to pay for the first night and can not pay additional until the new prices come out.

Something to remember, there are adjoining rooms and connecting rooms, be sure to request the correct one, and there is no guarantee that you will get either.

Enjoy your trip! I can't wait until I get there!

Can you tell me what the difference is between adjoining rooms and connecting rooms? Thanks!

Adjoining rooms are rooms next to each other & connecting rooms have the door that opens between the two.

One other thing: Can I still book the whole package with tickets, meal plan, etc. if I book just a room right now?

Thanks!

Not until the 2007 prices come out. Once the '07 prices come out you can add on all the other stuff and start to actually pay on your package.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions.

I too have booked my room only reservation for Jan 07. I am using Melissa @ Magical Journeys, she is awesome! I paid the deposit last week and just yesterday I made an additional payment on my rooms. When the 07 rates come out I will add the options I want and my room prices will adjust to the "Value Season" rates plus I have AAA. In the meantime I will continue to make payments.

Have fun and welcome! :wave2:

MamaCatNV

Count me in!! :banana: I have already booked our room for May 30- June 7, 2007. I too will switch to a package when Disney releases them for 2007.

Happy planning everyone!
Carla

Would it matter if I booked room only right now for February '07 or should I wait for the package prices? If I could still get the dates that I want by waiting then I would think it would be less aggravation than having to change over to a package. Or am I wrong?

if you search around on this site you will find out that each resort has rooms that are in "better" locations that others (better views, closer to buses, pools etc) and those are usually the ones that people will try to request while booking, although requests are not guaranteed...if I were you book once you decide which resort you want and then research that resort some so you can request your preferences.

I had the same question about a month ago (we're going 3/07), and contacted Dreams Unlimited. I was lucky enough to get Sue Ellen who recommended I book a package for the end of this year, and then as soon as the packages come out for next year, she'll cancel the reservation I currently have and rebook for March 2007. She said she recommended I do it that way because a deposit for a room only reservation is not transferrable to a package reservation (you'd have to pay two deposits, but the first one would be refunded). I've already been able to make my deposit and a payment, so I'm on my way!

Thanks for your help with this. I contacted a Magic For Less TA and she was very helpful. We got our room booked! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter