Booking DVC via RCI exchange and MDE setup

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
Hi all- I have a question- we have a booking thru RCI for Saratoga springs- (just booked it yesterday) How do we link it to our MDE account? DO we wait for period of time, or can we link it asap? thanks for the advice

You have to call member services to get your Disney reservation number. It takes some time to show up in Disney's system. I usually wait about a week after confirming the exchange in RCI. You tell them you have an inbound RCI reservation. They usually ask for your name, the resort, and checkin date. Sometimes it takes them a while to find you.

We're also dvc members, but when calling in to link or follow up on rci exchanges, I don't put in our member info.

so we call rci member services right? not dvc..... (just verifying) and you wait a week after booking online and getting res. confirmed to call member services,or you call right away and then wait a week?

Last edited:
You'll phone DVC Member Services not RCI's. Wait at least a week from confirming your RCI Trade before you call. When you phone DVC Member Services you'll hit a big question when going through the phone tree: Do you acknowledge that you are a DVC member and enter your DVC membership credentials before reaching the representative or do you navigate the tree as an "outsider"? Your call. Above, @marsh0013 indicates they do not enter their membership info. FWIW, I do enter mine.

Once you reach a DVC Member Services rep they'll ask, "How many I help you?"
You: "I have an inbound RCI exchange to <resort>. I am hoping you can provide the DVC reservation number so I can set up my MDE?"
MS: "Sure, we can do that. When did you book the resort?" (Translation: They want to know how long ago you confirmed your RCI reservation. They want to be sure it wasn't "5 minutes ago!" as it won't be in their system yet.)

From here, they will look up your reservation using:
  • The name on the RCI Reservation or Guest Certificate. (For this, I have to remember to use my husband's name as his is the lead on our RCI account.)
  • The DVC Resort Name
  • The DVC Resort Check-in Date
Bingo! Once they find it, you'll have the reservation number. Linking it to MDE will be a snap.

Congrats on your exchange .... I've got one for this summer. Woot! Enjoy!

You'll phone DVC Member Services not RCI's. Wait at least a week from confirming your RCI Trade before you call. When you phone DVC Member Services you'll hit a big question when going through the phone tree: Do you acknowledge that you are a DVC member and enter your DVC membership credentials before reaching the representative or do you navigate the tree as an "outsider"? Your call. Above, @marsh0013 indicates they do not enter their membership info. FWIW, I do enter mine.

Once you reach a DVC Member Services rep they'll ask, "How many I help you?"
You: "I have an inbound RCI exchange to <resort>. I am hoping you can provide the DVC reservation number so I can set up my MDE?"
MS: "Sure, we can do that. When did you book the resort?" (Translation: They want to know how long ago you confirmed your RCI reservation. They want to be sure it wasn't "5 minutes ago!" as it won't be in their system yet.)

From here, they will look up your reservation using:
  • The name on the RCI Reservation or Guest Certificate. (For this, I have to remember to use my husband's name as his is the lead on our RCI account.)
  • The DVC Resort Name
  • The DVC Resort Check-in Date
Bingo! Once they find it, you'll have the reservation number. Linking it to MDE will be a snap.

Congrats on your exchange .... I've got one for this summer. Woot! Enjoy!
Thank you!:worship: this came up as an unexpected summer surprise for us!

Thanks for the advice- so what happened was within a few days it came up automatically on MDE.... and then we called in to add the correct number of guests.

So when booking a DVC resort such as SSR via RCI point exchange, does anyone know if you are charged parking? I'm guessing so but was just wondering.

So when booking a DVC resort such as SSR via RCI point exchange, does anyone know if you are charged parking? I'm guessing so but was just wondering.

No, since it’s ultimately a points exchange (a DVC member used their points for an RCI booking), no parking charge. I think you do pay $195 when you check in as a general RCI inbound exchange fee.

Thanks for the info about calling DVC member services :) Was able to grab a 1 bdrm @ SSR for end of January so we will get a 3rd trip out of our AP's :) This trip will be just the hubby and I and I cant wait. We always go with our daughter and or friends

Whoo-hoo! My RCI waitlist matched another week for Sept ... just before our PAPs expire. Looks like we'll squeeze one more week into those pesky passes. (Yep, the AP made me do it ....)
Just saw another disturbance off the coast of Africa. 30% chance of formation in the next five days.

Just saw another disturbance off the coast of Africa. 30% chance of formation in the next five days.
Thanks for the heads up. We were aware of the season ... but that could have happened even w/out the RCI component. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter