Booking Dining for a Split-Stay?

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
We have a split-stay in October and our 180-day window opened today...sort of.

My parents and sister's family (5 total people) have a room at POR booked for 10/16 and 10/17. Then, they are checking in (with me and my daughters) to a 2BR at AKV on 10/17 and staying through 10/22. On 10/22, we are all checking in to a 2BR at BWV for the final 3 nights of our trip.

So, my dad called today since it is 180 days from 10/16 and he was told that he can only make reservations for 10/16 and 10/17...that's it. He has to wait until Sunday to book additional reservations. He was also told that on Sunday, he will only be able to book reservations through 10/22 and he will have to call back AGAIN to book ADR's for the final 3 days of the trip.

Does this sound right? I know that there were changes made with the FP+ system but do we really have to make 3 phone calls (or try to get reservations for 8 online)? He even tried calling back to get a different CM and got the same answer. I thought I would ask the "experts" here and see what you guys thought and if you had any different experiences.

I’m not sure about the first two days at the non-dvc resort, but for the dvc split stay you can call dvc member services and they can work around it so you can make reservations for your entire stay. I did this for my upcoming split stay at three dvc resorts and was able to get dining reservations for the entire trip at 180 days from my first resort.

Yes, when we did a split stay last year, we had three separate booking windows.

I’m not sure about the first two days at the non-dvc resort, but for the dvc split stay you can call dvc member services and they can work around it so you can make reservations for your entire stay. I did this for my upcoming split stay at three dvc resorts and was able to get dining reservations for the entire trip at 180 days from my first resort.
This is my understanding as well. Whoever owns the membership used to book can call MS and the CM should be able to book the ADRs for the entire stay booked with points.

This is my understanding as well. Whoever owns the membership used to book can call MS and the CM should be able to book the ADRs for the entire stay booked with points.

That’s what I remember doing last year when I had a split-stay, but I wasn’t sure if something had changed when they changed the FP+ rules. My dad called DVC member services today and they confirmed that he could call on Sunday and they would be able to book ADR’s for all 8 days of our DVC stay without having to call back. (His initial calls were to WDW-DINE so they gave him the wrong information)

That’s what I remember doing last year when I had a split-stay, but I wasn’t sure if something had changed when they changed the FP+ rules. My dad called DVC member services today and they confirmed that he could call on Sunday and they would be able to book ADR’s for all 8 days of our DVC stay without having to call back. (His initial calls were to WDW-DINE so they gave him the wrong information)
DINE did give correct info for cash guests, though.

That is the answer I just got from DINE too. We are staying Beach Club six nights, then 3 nights at POFQ. Can only make reservations for the first six nights until my 180 window opens for the POFQ stay. Annoyed that I just spent 40 minutes on hold to get this answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter