Booking at 7 months with two contracts?

Doberge

DIS Veteran
I have two membership numbers, one with my resale purchase contract and one with two contracts from a split purchase direct.

At 7 months am I able to book first two nights from resale contract membership number and last three nights from one of the direct contract numbers? Same hotel, room category, and view. For the exercise, please assume that the first two nights are within 7 months but the last three nights are not yet within 7 months. Also, the points are all banked so I can't transfer. The goal is to have one room either on one reservation or linked, but hopefully avoid needing to book two reservations each at 7 months.

My gut tells me it's two 7 month booking windows for two different reservations.

ETA: Content deleted. Incorrect information.

Last edited:
I have two membership numbers, one with my resale purchase contract and one with two contracts from a split purchase direct.

At 7 months am I able to book first two nights from resale contract membership number and last three nights from one of the direct contract numbers? Same hotel, room category, and view. For the exercise, please assume that the first two nights are within 7 months but the last three nights are not yet within 7 months. Also, the points are all banked so I can't transfer. The goal is to have one room either on one reservation or linked, but hopefully avoid needing to book two reservations each at 7 months.

My gut tells me it's two 7 month booking windows for two different reservations.
They would be two different reservations and two different booking windows because the system views your two memberships as two different owners.

But what you could do is book the first nights under Membership A and then call Member Services when they open. Ask them to transfer the number of points you need from Membership B to Membership A and then book the remaining nights. That would keep it under one reservation.

Or as an alternative, book the separate reservations when the booking windows open for each and then call Member Services. Ask them to link (not merge) the two so that you don’t have to change rooms.

Or as an alternative, book the separate reservations when the booking windows open for each and then call Member Services. Ask them to link (not merge) the two so that you don’t have to change rooms.
Why wouldn't the OP ( assuming he/she owns both) be able to make the first reservation and then call MS to do the rest under the "7 months + 7" booking rule? My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think remember others reporting they have done this. Hope you or someone with a recent experience can confirm or send me straight.

Why wouldn't the OP ( assuming he/she owns both) be able to make the first reservation and then call MS to do the rest under the "7 months + 7" booking rule? My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think remember others reporting they have done this. Hope you or someone with a recent experience can confirm or send me straight.

Not with two different memberships. It only works with crossing a UY this way under the same membership,

The other thing allowed is to modify a home resort reservation at 7 months from check in and they will allow extra days from non home resort points as long as days are still there for any of those home resort booking.

But, when you have two different memberships, each has to be booked correctly first before it can be linked to the other one on a different membership.

Not with two different memberships. It only works with crossing a UY this way under the same membership,

The other thing allowed is to modify a home resort reservation at 7 months from check in and they will allow extra days from non home resort points as long as days are still there for any of those home resort booking.

But, when you have two different memberships, each has to be booked correctly first before it can be linked to the other one on a different membership.
Makes sense. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter