Booking a visit

amy ettinger

Earning My Ears
We are in the process of buying into DVC for the first time. I know you can book at your home resort at 11 months and the other resorts at 7. Can you book at your home resort and then switch to another resort at 7 months if one is available to your liking?

We are in the process of buying into DVC for the first time. I know you can book at your home resort at 11 months and the other resorts at 7. Can you book at your home resort and then switch to another resort at 7 months if one is available to your liking?

Yes you can.

That is what you do, book at your favorite resort, your home resort to guarantee that you have somewhere to stay in case availability at 7 months isn't to your liking.

:earsboy: Bill

no.

the challenge is that more and more owners are buying their most loved home resorts and booking at 11 months out to get what they want...so those who bought cheap and planned to get their favorite near-park resort at 7 months (especially during the fall) have been disappointed more and more often.

so buy where you want to stay if you have a strong preference for where you want to be. or at least, buy where you don't mind staying if you want to try different resorts, so you are not disappointed if you get "stuck" at your home resort...

And, the challenge to booking and then switching at 11 months is that you'll need to have enough points for both reservations simultaneously, unless you cancel your first reservation to book the second reservation (which you might not get because everyone is online when reservations open at 7 months to do exactly what you're doing, and there's a chance your original reservation won't be re-bookable). There is a thread somewhere on how to do a 2 browser delete/book, but I've never done it, and the information may not be accurate any longer.

And, the challenge to booking and then switching at 11 months is that you'll need to have enough points for both reservations simultaneously, unless you cancel your first reservation to book the second reservation (which you might not get because everyone is online when reservations open at 7 months to do exactly what you're doing, and there's a chance your original reservation won't be re-bookable). There is a thread somewhere on how to do a 2 browser delete/book, but I've never done it, and the information may not be accurate any longer.

Just to clarify, you do not have to have double the points to switch but rather, when you have additional points that could be used to help with the switch, it can be beneficial if you are trying at a very popular time as like mentioned, there is always a chance that something could happen in terms of availability. The two browser method has worked for me, but a few times, I called instead and had luck in making the switch happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter