Booking a trip with a annual passholder with those who are not

Sweetly

Mouseketeer
Not even sure if this is the right place to ask.

I am planning a trip for 5. One of those people will be an annual passholder. I was told that I could not book a package for one of the rooms due to the annual passholder already having their tickets. In order to do so, we would still need the annual passholder to purchase tickets separately.

I am so confused on the best way to purchase a package. The other room will be using the package.
Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Why do you need to book a package? Just book room only and add tickets separately for those who need them. You can book a ticketless package over the phone if you want to add the DDP. No need to book a traditional package.

The main reason people book packages is because they want a dining plan. If you don't want the dining plan you can book a room only and buy tickets separately.

If you want the dining plan, you can book a ticketless package, but you will have to call because it cannot be booked online. It will follow all the rules of a package (e.g. final payment date is 30 days before arrival date, fees and penalties for any changes made within 30 days of arrival).

If you want to take advantage of a special that requires tickets (e.g. Free Dining or Stay Play Dine) then everyone including the annual passholder would have to purchase tickets.

I agree with PPs. We never book a package anymore when we are not AP holders. We just book the room only and add tickets later for those that are not AP holders. The AP holder can get a discount on up to 3 rooms.

Too bad you weren't going before June 29 because pass holder can purchase 6 tickets a day for friends for $79 a piece and they are park hopper tickets. The annual pass person can purchase tickets and not use them. Then they can apply those tickets to the renewal of their annual pass when the time comes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter