Booking a DCL stateroom with points - rules question

Disney Dreams

Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Hi Everyone!

Let's skip beyond the "you should not use DVC points to cruise" discussion and go straight to the rule that I need clarified, please.

We would like to book a cruise using points and cash. I can't remember the rule on this as we have taken a 5 year break from cruising.

Can we book one person using points and two people using cash if they are all in the same stateroom?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

Let's skip beyond the "you should not use DVC points to cruise" discussion and go straight to the rule that I need clarified, please.

We would like to book a cruise using points and cash. I can't remember the rule on this as we have taken a 5 year break from cruising.

Can we book one person using points and two people using cash if they are all in the same stateroom?

Thanks!
Yes.:boat:

We just booked a room on the Bermuda DVC MC. My sister and I used cash and she used her DVC points.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks!
You have to book an adult in full using points, after that you can do others either all cash or all points or one of each. The cash portion is on a schedule and often far more than if you're looking at the direct costs so you'll need to contact DVC to see what that cost is. Just compare because you may find that the actual cost paying direct isn't significantly different than the cash portion when you use points for one adult. Also make sure you understand the limitations on changes/cancelations because they are not very favorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter