booking 2nd room for adult children

Elizakapeka

Mouseketeer
If I book a room for my husband and I and another room for my adult children (and they're not connecting) will my key open both doors? will I have access to their room? I have sailed disney twice before. Is there anything else I should consider before booking two non connecting rooms?

We book 2 connecting cabins for our adult sons when they cruise with us. Our keys have never opened their cabin.

We do this all the time. Go to Guest Services and get a room key only. We also get connecting rooms and leave the door between open.

Im thinking connecting rooms will be best. thank you for all of your input, they will be 18, 16,16. Not being able to see what theyre purchasing is a no go lol. Plus if I get connecting we can share bathrooms and such.

You can be issued a spare card for opening their door, but you will not be able to see their account.
so If i book 2 non connecting rooms and put my husband in one and me in the other then we can access their accounts correct? they are young adults so still want to keep a close eye on them.

so If i book 2 non connecting rooms and put my husband in one and me in the other then we can access their accounts correct? they are young adults so still want to keep a close eye on them.

Because your younger children are only 16, you are going to have to book them in a room with someone 21 years or older. While 18 year olds can book a room on their own with DCL, they cannot have minors with them. So basically 2 18 year olds can book and sail on their own, an 18 yr old and a 12 year old cannot.

Because your younger children are only 16, you are going to have to book them in a room with someone 21 years or older. While 18 year olds can book a room on their own with DCL, they cannot have minors with them. So basically 2 18 year olds can book and sail on their own, an 18 yr old and a 12 year old cannot.
wow thank you for that info, I wrongly assumed 18 was considered adult for cruising.

I always have my son‘s cabin linked to mine for billing purposes - all of their charges go to my credit card at the end of the cruise. When I go to guest services for a review of charges, both cabins charges show on one printout.

I always have my son‘s cabin linked to mine for billing purposes - all of their charges go to my credit card at the end of the cruise. When I go to guest services for a review of charges, both cabins charges show on one printout.
To clarify this a bit. When you do the online check in, you are asked who's responsible for the charges. You can use the same responsible party info for all people in your room, as well as other rooms. In that case, one person can see all the charges (broken out by room card) being charged to the onboard account.

There has to be someone 21 years old in the cabin.
So you will need to book an adult in each cabin (book mom in one cabin Dad in the other) Once onboard you can sleep where ever you want. As pp have said you can get an extra key to open the other cabin door.
Also anyone under 18 can’t get off the ship without the adult assigned to their cabin. But when you do your online check in you can sign a release saying the kids can get off the ship without an adult. This usually comes into play on Castaway Cay day when the teens like to come and go on their own. You can specify what ports they are allowed to leave on their own.
FYI: every time you get off the ship you will need your key card make sure it’s the card with your name on it and not the blank open the door key card😂
Also anyone over 18 needs a government issued photo ID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter