Booked through AAvacations weeks ago; now they want to charge me...

Lovin' Disney

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

This is budget related, so I thought I'd ask everyone's opinion. We booked a package for the last week of August (mostly for the dining plan) to stay at Ft. Wilderness (cabin). We booked and paid for it in full around April 25. Today (May 22) they sent us an email saying that tickets weren't included in the price at the time of booking (we booked everything online) and now we owe an additional thousand dollars, due immediately. :scared1:

My question is, how can they do this? :mad: I find it hard to believe that it took a month to figure out this "mistake". My husband actually called there before we booked to make sure tickets were included; the lady said they were, but unfortunately he didn't write down her name to back this up.

On our original e-mail we got after we paid for the package, it says something like Ft Wilderness cabin with MYW tickets and free dining and has all of our names on it. The e-mail doesn't specify what type of tickets were included, just that the package was booked with MYW tickets. Now they want to charge us for 8 day MYW tix with park hoppers, and we don't want park hopping or any more than 5 days worth of park tickets. :sad2:

If you were in this situation, what would you do? Would you pay the extra thousand dollars and chalk it up to a lesson learned? Or call there and complain that tickets weren't included in the first place? I am assuming that they won't let us cancel.

If you have the paid in full confirmation page saying your myw tickets were included. I dont see how they can make you pay more.

Is the price quoted, and paid around the same price you get if you booked through Disney?

it sounds to me like your confirmation email has Magic Your Way tickets. Which are your basic tickets (1 park/per day/per person). I would send a copy of this email to someone at the Customer Service department at AAVacations.

Don't give in and pay the $1000. Fight for what you know you already paid for....a COMPLETE VACATION WITH TICKETS!!!

Good luck!

First, I would look at the "fine print" and see if it discusses anything about pricing errors. I do think that the fact that your email confirmation doesn't describe the type of ticket could prove a bit problematic.

I am assuming you have air with them as well. If they aren't willing to "give", then you can always consider canceling the land portion of the package and just keep the air. I would book the new Disney reservation first though to be sure you can get what you want, and then cancel that portion with AA vacations.

Good Luck.

You can't chalk it up to a lesson learned when you didn't do anything wrong! Absolutely get a supervisor on the phone and get this solved so they don't cancel your trip. Good luck!

Thanks all. I e-mailed them on Friday, but still haven't heard back. I will be on the phone with management tomorrow (actually on Tuesday since it's a holiday) if I don't hear anything!

First I would do the math and see whether or not the tickets have already been paid for. You can find the price of the room and the price of the tickets; an error of $1000 should be fairly easy to pick up. I week (7 nights) at the cabins during value season should run about $1785 before tax. Ask them for an itemized list of where your money is going.

Then, if it turned out that I had already paid for the tickets, I would show my math to AA and ask them where my money went. If it turned out that they were right, it would kill me but I would write the check for $1000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter