$$$$$Booked My Disney Wedding - Hotel Upgrade Cost$$$$$

melissadanny2003

Earning My Ears
I just booked my Disney Premium Intimate Wedding and the total came to $4,900 so far (I added the Wedding Pavilion and added to the guest list). That includes 7 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. I just emailed Jamie (my sales person) and asked how much to change the resort to the Grand Floridian. She emailed me back telling me that it would make the price jump from $4,900 to $5,800. What would you do? I HATE the look of the Wilderness Lodge! I really don't like that wilderness look at all. It's not my style and don't want to have my honeymoon there. It looks like there should be rope swings hanging from the ceiling so you could swing across the lobby to get to the coke machine or something. Would you spend the extra $800 on a nicer resort or would you put that money toward the photography, Cinderlla's Glass Coach, a white dove release, your reception or something like that? All I can say is that I REALLY dislike that hotel!!!!! I just pulled up www.disneyworld.com and looked at pictures of the rooms and lets just say I don't care for the rooms either. Do you know of another hotel I should check out? I just wanted to make the honeymoon as special and nice as It can be. A real treat. :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Here is a copy of the email I Jamie sent me:

The Grand Floridian is the most deluxe of our resorts. The standard room at the Grand Floridian is $120.00 more per night than the Wilderness Lodge. Your 7 night package (based upon this year's pricing) is roughly $5,825.00. Do you want me to change your reservation?

Have you considered one of the other resorts? Maybe the Beach Club, Yacht Club or Boardwalk would work for you. There's also the Contemporary which is on the monorail. Those are all listed under Deluxe on Disney's website. They might be a little less expensive than the Grand Floridian, but the ambiance might be more to your liking than the Wilderness Lodge.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :D

I think that to me, the Boardwalk Inn is the closest thing in appearance to the Grand Floridian. It's a beautiful white building, that reminds me of a mansion, and is definitely somewhat more affordable than the GF. It's not on the monorail, but you would be within easy walking distance to Epcot and MGM.
You could also split your stay. We're doing 4 nights at the GF through FTW, and another 4 nights at the WL honeymoon room on the Deluxe Magic, then our last night is at AKL. If you are in love with the GF, you could do 4 nights there, then the last 3 nights at a moderate, if you like the look of any of those better than WL.
Cheers!
Heather P

I have heard really wonderful things about Animal Kingdom Lodge. Have you looked into it? It should run about the same as the Wildreness Lodge as well.

Here is a link to virtual reality movies of the Wilderness Lodge, including one of the honeymoon rooms: click here for OurLaughingPlace.com photos.

And here is a link to some regular photos of the Wilderness Lodge and its rooms: click here for OurLaughingPlace.com photos.

By the way, here is the link to the Dreams Unlimited Travel's "Around the World in 30 Days Tour" webpage regarding the Wilderness Lodge.

The Wilderness Lodge is really a gorgeous resort and very unique. I love how it sits on the edge of Bay Lake. It is magnificent.

The WL is a beautiful hotel but, if it doesn't appeal to your taste, you have many other options at WDW. Take a look at the other resorts using the links folks gave you for WL and even at www.disneyworld.com See which appeals to you. The GF is the most expensive. If it's going to bust your budget, consider the other alternatives. If you want to be in the MK area consider the Poly and the Contemporary. It's not just GF vs. WL. I'm not sure how the wedding package works, but you may even find one of the moderate resorts that appeals more to your taste. Many people have had wonderful honeymoons at CBR, POR, CSR.

Skip the coach and stay in the GF! For the extra $800 it will be worth your satisfaction. Hey, you could be me getting married in Sept. 20, 2003 in a custom wedding at the Pivilion and my future husband thinks we should stay at the All Stars because he likes the themeing! I am not sure if he is pulling my leg, but I think even the Moderates are lovely.

I have made a million trips to Disney and always stayed on property, you have to stay where you would like. The Moderates have lovely walkways for intimate walks along the water. The Deluxes have great areas too. Consider though, I have never been that impressed with the GF because it seems to be very loud too many people coming to snoop around. The Poly I think is much more quiet.

But really, if your heart is set on the GF stay there! God, knows once you start having kids, you probably won't be able to afford staying there.

Good luck

It doesn't have to be the Grand Floridian. I like the look of the Beach Club, Board Walk, and Yacht Club too. Thanks for all your help you guys! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter