Booked first ABD Scotland 2018

Jess_S

DIS Veteran
My TA just confirmed our reservation for our first ABD to Scotland next year. I have never done a group tour before, but you guys sold me on the benefit of having other kids along to keep my son company. I am hoping the trip will sell my husband on ABD so that I can convince him to do the South Africa trip.

My son will be just shy of 6, so any tips for taking little guys on this type of trip are appreciated. He is well travelled, but we usually DIY.

Also should I use the old Brave Adventures meet thread or start a new one now that the itinerary has changed? (No one has posted on the old thread since 2016).

Up to you if you want to create a new one. The Sticky for the Meets threads has been un-Stickied, so it's gotten harder to find the Meets threads. I'll change the title of the old thread to reflect that it's no longer "A Brave Adventure".

Congrats on signing up for your first ABD! They are *VERY* addictive!

Sayhello

I revived the old thread so that there aren't 2 floating around. Thanks for updating the title.

I have crunched the numbers and determined we can do an ABD every other year, so I am prepared if we get addicted.

My TA just confirmed our reservation for our first ABD to Scotland next year. I have never done a group tour before, but you guys sold me on the benefit of having other kids along to keep my son company. I am hoping the trip will sell my husband on ABD so that I can convince him to do the South Africa trip.

My son will be just shy of 6, so any tips for taking little guys on this type of trip are appreciated. He is well travelled, but we usually DIY.

Also should I use the old Brave Adventures meet thread or start a new one now that the itinerary has changed? (No one has posted on the old thread since 2016).

Congrats! Scotland is a beautiful country and it looks like a fun adventure. Glad you looked at the numbers because yes, the ABDs can be addictive as @sayhello mentioned :)

Congrats on booking your first ABD. I am looking forward to hearing feedback on the revised itinerary. Scotland was my first ABD too back in 2013. The trip made me fall in love with Scotland and become addicted to ABD :-)

My goal will be to do a trip report when we return from our trip (though it may not be up to the standards of the great reports on the original Scotland itinerary that you and sayhello did). We actually wouldn't have booked the trip without the itinerary changes because the old itinerary had more driving time than my son (and, frankly, my husband) would be willing to put up with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter