Booked cruise arriving by rental car. Avis?

samoyed

Mouseketeer
I have finially made up my mind and booked the four day cruise for May 2004. We are hoping to do Disney on the Saturday before the Cruise so we were planning on using an Avis car and dropping it off at the Avis location in Cape Canaveral. This way we can have the car in Disney and not pay for the Disney transfers for three to the terminal.

Has anybody used Avis before? How is the rental location in Cape Canaveral and the shuttle bus?

All info would be helpful...

Thanks

Yes, I just used Avis in late June. It worked out very well.

They are only 4 miles from the terminal, don't charge additional for dropping a car off in a different location then were it was picked up and they have shuttle vans that are constantly going back and forth from the terminal.

There are a few rental car companies close by, but the combination of a good rate and no drop-off fees made my decision easy.

Check Dave's DCL Tribute site for more info on rental cars.

Thanks for the info. I checked Dave's site first. Last time I booked with budget. Had to wait awhile for the shuttle bus. I got a good rate with Avis so I thought I would try them this time out.

Is the shuttle bus big or small. I was thinking of having my husband drop me and my 6 yr old DD at the terminal with the luggage and then he could return the car. Should we all return the car?

Also is Ron Jon's surf shop near by, went there many many years ago....

The shuttle was a passenger van that seats about 15 people. It would probably make more sense for all of you to go to the Avis drop off first.

Our experience on that Saturday (6/28) morning they had shuttles moving quite quickly. While we were loading into one van there was another pulling in so it didn't look like people were waiting more than 10 minutes of so.

I don't shop at Ron Jon, but out of curiousity I did a quick search and found that there is apparently a very large shop in Cocoa Beach which would only be a few minutes from the Avis Rental location.

Ron Jon's Cocoa Beach Location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter