Booked a Package....What SHOULD I have paid ???

zdad

Tagless since 2005 !
I have a habit of analysis paralysis. Figured I'd enlist some help here. Here's the scenario.....

- Non Florida Resident
- No chance to return in the next year
- Trip Dates Check In 19 JUne Check out 25 June
- WL Woods View
- Mom, Dad DS-16, DS-13
- 7 Day tickets, Park Hopper PLus (boys want to do Disney Quest & Water Parks)
- MYW Dining Plan

For the above package, with all taxes, we paid (or will pay) ........ $3672

Probably a zillion ways to book this. We went with a AAA booking (already members). Wonder if there are other solutions that would save $$$

Sounds about right to me. But personally, I question the value of the dining plan if you don't have kids under 10.

Looks like you saved $75 in total.

the dining plan is well worth it... it costs you $35 a night and you get a sit down meal, a counter service meal and a snack. On average, you spend over $10 - $12 on a burger fries and drink (counter) and if you hit a sit down restaurant and pay $12-$15 for an entree, $7 for appetizers and $6 for dessert, plus taxes and gratuity, you've gone beyond $35.

Rob,
I debated the meal plan too.....until my football playing 16 yo (6'2 & 245) came home from weightlifting and ate an entire chicken for dinner. We're not fancy place eaters, but with these monsters for kids, Disney better make extra the week they're there.

Thanks all for looking into my numbers !

Here is the AP rate scenario on that one...

6 nights WL Woods View @ passholder rate: $1103.88
1 adult AP: $420.68
3 adult 7 day premium passes (park hopper & plus): $856.26
TOTAL: $2380.82

That doesn't include Disney Quest admission for the passholder or meals. You are saving $1291.18 though. That can buy a lot of DQ admissions. ;) Single admission to DQ is $32.21 with the discount for being a passholder. If you think you will go to DQ 3 or more times, consider getting a DQ AP for $94.79.

Assuming you got the DQ AP and the DDE card (to get 20% off your sit down meals anda few counter service meals. Discount is good for the whole family), you are still saving $1146.39. You would have to spend $200/day on dining (WITH your 20% discount) to spend the same amount as what you have with the AAA rate. If you don't think you'll be spending $200/day in dining, then you'll save more w/ the AP rate.

If you are interested in the AP rate and there are no AP rooms available at the WL for your dates, PM me. I have a woods view room held for a client for June 18-25. We placed a hold on that room for them with the AP rate but I haven't heard back from them so I'm thinking they aren't going to keep it. Their courtesy hold expires in the next day or two.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Lollipop...the numbers make my head spin. I think I follow you math. Will have to talk it over with Mrs. Zdad. I'll PM you if we decide to switch up.

thanks !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter