1. REEREEG

REEREEG Mouseketeer

I'm not sure where to post this, but does anyone have a suggestions for a good book to read while at Disney? I'm looking at bios on Walt Disney, the creation of Disney world, or history of fairy tales...

2. Westcoastwild

Westcoastwild DIS Veteran

Rewritten fairy tales perhaps?

My absolute favorite is a book titled spindle's end. Sleeping beauty gone very wrong. Anything by Robin McKinley is good, actually. EXCEPT DEERSKIN. Omg, no.

Also anything by Patricia Wrede, but especially the enchanted forest chronicles (a princess, "kidnapped" by dragons, but doesn't want to be rescued thank you very much.)

Neverwhere, Neil Gaiman. (Possibly a strong stomach needed for this one, it's been a while, but Gaiman is usually NSFW). His graveyard book is for kids though and it's awesome if you like ghost stories as well. (It's not ONLY for kids, it's an actual novel, but I mean it's less graphic than his adult stuff. He can get pretty dark).
    Also his sleeper and the spindle- I think it comes in two editions and FOR SURE you want the illustrated one.

The Yule lads: a celebration of Icelands folk lore is pretty awesome, if it's the one I'm thinking of, at least.

If you like twisted fairytales and art, google "rachael wise" and "fairy tale illustration". It's what I found while googling to double check some of the above. Not quite innocent enough for disboards, probably, and did not want to risk points. But awesome nonetheless.

3. Karin1984

Karin1984 DIS Veteran

It's not the creation of Disney World, but it is part of it: Lee Cockerell has written several books on Disney Customer Service. If you work in Customer Service yourself, it's very interesting.

4. REEREEG

REEREEG Mouseketeer