Book Suggestions (Non-Travel Related)

Tovin

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for suggestions on the building and history of Disneyland, and I know you guys can help me!

I am looking for development and design history, as well as history of the company in the early days of development and operation. I'd like to know a bit more about Walt and his plans for the park and the resort area.

In addition, while trying to avoid the DISNEY IS EVIL INCARNATE factor, I am looking for the more recent company strategies surrounding both Disneyland and the other resorts.

Any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

T

The Disneyland Encyclopedia has entries for everything that has ever existed in Disneyland. And people too. I found it facinating to read. Even if that book isn't exactly what you are looking for, you might like to take a look at the Bibliography at the back for more book ideas.

The Disneyland Encyclopedia has entries for everything that has ever existed in Disneyland. And people too. I found it facinating to read. Even if that book isn't exactly what you are looking for, you might like to take a look at the Bibliography at the back for more book ideas.

Great minds think alike. I was gonna suggest the same book.:goodvibes

I was also thinking of the disneyland encyclopedia. It was really interesting. It might be a good place to start.

If you can still order them, go to the "E" Ticket magazine website. They are closing down the magazine, but are still selling CD-Roms with all their Issues on them this magazine was famed for its in-depth interviews with all the folks that made the park happen. Plus, there are intesting articles on long-gone rides and shows and people. Full of photographs from the personal collections of imagineers, animators, etc. I have a full set of the magazines and they are one of the jopys of my collection.

http://www.the-e-ticket.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!