Book a car or just Uber to hotel from MCO in our situation?

Maggie The Cat

Mouseketeer
We are two adults with 3 pieces of luggage.

Are there any benefits of booking a car service instead of Uber if we wouldn't be wanting a grocery stop?

I think Uber is probably best for us but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything in my decision process.

Using rideshare will be cheaper when there are only a few people and don't want to stop anywhere on the way to the resort!

We are two adults with 3 pieces of luggage.

Are there any benefits of booking a car service instead of Uber if we wouldn't be wanting a grocery stop?

I think Uber is probably best for us but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything in my decision process.
Identical you our situation when we go to WDW. We use Uber or Lyft. Which ever one is the cheapest.

Using rideshare will be cheaper when there are only a few people and don't want to stop anywhere on the way to the resort!

Not necessarily. It depends on how busy the airport is at that time. When I decided to skip the towncar and do rideshare this past October when I landed both Uber and Lift were close to $100, with a bit of a wait.

Just be prepared if you decide to go with a rideshare, it may not be cheap either.

You can estimate you Lyft ride here:
https://www.lyft.com/rider/fare-estimate

In the past I have done an estimate around the same time I would be using it to get an idea of what I will be paying. But it can be higher if for some reason you are riding and it's surge pricing.

I think Uber may have an estimate tool as well.

Last Aug our rides were around $37 each way for 2 of us w 2 bags and a carry on bag between MCO and Coronado Springs.

Not necessarily. It depends on how busy the airport is at that time. When I decided to skip the towncar and do rideshare this past October when I landed both Uber and Lift were close to $100, with a bit of a wait.

Just be prepared if you decide to go with a rideshare, it may not be cheap either.

Thanks for sharing, That has never been our experience so I assumed most would run between the $30 and $50 one way we have paid when not a big group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter