Boo to You & Turning 2! Oct 2012 PTR *NEW* 10/30 We're Back! TR Link Posted!!

So, will DH dress as a "bounty hunter" for that costume? What, too soon?

I agree that the Curious George outfit might be too warm, and little Paxton will just want out of it. Then instead of DH looking like the man in a yellow hat, he'll just look - weird. I'm sure you are well aware of the issue with too warm costumes. (We have the opposite problem here of course, in that our Halloweens can be below freezing.) We had great Mary Poppins and Bert costumes all set for our trip in 2010, and ended up saving them for a year because we decided it would be too warm. And it was really warm at the party we went to late October, we were sweaty enough in our Kim Possible family outfits. Mary Poppins / Bert worked much better in Buffalo.

Hmmm... interesting timing to bring up the idea of dressing up as the Saints on Halloween.:rolleyes1

I really do like the idea, but I'm not sure what the suspension of Payton will mean for your DH's willingness to dress as him for the party.

I personally would lean towards doing the Saints theme though. If you already have some of the things you need, that helps with the expense side of things, and as you said, if you buy another jersey or something like that you're going to end up wearing it again anyway. Go for it!

Hi! My youngest boys (twins) celebrated their 2nd bday at WDW this past November. It was such fun, especially after the 1st half day when we got "in the groove". This year, we are taking the whole crew. Our dates are 10/21 - 10/28 and we're staying at Bonnet Creek (sound familiar? ;))
Here's are plan:
10/21 - Arrival!! Yea! DTD for lunch (TRex), treats from Goofys, checkin at WBC and then to Epcot for WS touring.
10/22 - DHS and oldest DH's bday
10/23 - YES Program (big kids) at AK and touring AK until 3pm. Back to resort, get ready for ... MNSSHP at MK. So excited (fyi - we took the little ones to MVMCP in Nov and they did great)
10/24 - sleep in and hit Typhoon Lagoon at 10am. Disney Quest at night
Oops. Will post the rest soon...

Love all the new pics!! He is such a cutie!!!!

I will be curious to see if you do MNSSHP. I am about 98% sure I will skip the X'mas party and do it in a few years with DD.

We are still flipping back and forth...we will probably not decide for sure until right before the trip! :rotfl: Well, hopefully it won't be that long, but every day we change our minds about whether we should do it this year or save it for next year's trip.

Cute costume ideas. I think I would go with the Saints players b/c they would be cooler costumes in the heat.

Thanks...with all the Bounty drama I'm trying to find a way to modify it. :sad2:

Wait - he got ALL that stuff at the parade? He is certainly turning into a little party boy, isn't he?

As far as costumes - I think the curious george idea is more original. But, as you said, it can be pretty hot during the party. Hmmmmm - not sure which way I would go, but I am so NOT creative when it comes to costumes. To prove my point - I am wearing a Nightmare before Christmas Tee. Pretty creative, right? :rotfl:

YES!! When I came home from work that night, all that stuff was still all over my kitchen floor!! :rotfl: My DH inherited his love of Mardi Gras and parades from my FIL, so I'm sure by now it's in the genes. DS never stood a chance. :lmao:

I'm not creative with costumes either. I haven't dressed up on Halloween since middle school! This past year for trick-or-treating I found a Mickey and Minnie T-O-T shirt and wore that. I was perfectly happy to do the same thing for the party! I like the idea of the Curious George costumes a lot, but the execution would probably be pretty uncomfortable! We still have some time to brainstorm. Maybe we will come up with something completely different in the next 7 months.

Signing on to your PTR! Your son is super cute! You have a lovely family!

Thanks for joining in!! And for the sweet compliments. :goodvibes

So, will DH dress as a "bounty hunter" for that costume? What, too soon?

I agree that the Curious George outfit might be too warm, and little Paxton will just want out of it. Then instead of DH looking like the man in a yellow hat, he'll just look - weird. I'm sure you are well aware of the issue with too warm costumes. (We have the opposite problem here of course, in that our Halloweens can be below freezing.) We had great Mary Poppins and Bert costumes all set for our trip in 2010, and ended up saving them for a year because we decided it would be too warm. And it was really warm at the party we went to late October, we were sweaty enough in our Kim Possible family outfits. Mary Poppins / Bert worked much better in Buffalo.

Hmm...maybe a little too soon. I made the suggestion to DH and he was not too receptive to the idea. :rotfl: How ridiculous that I chose the make that post one day before the suspension?! Not that I could have known, but still...unfortunate timing.

We are continuing the search for costumes that will be both fun & functional. Good thing I still have awhile to poke around the internet for ideas. Luckily, the past few years Halloween night has been cool in the 60's. DS's lion costume covered everything, but it was thin enough that he was perfectly comfortable in the weather. Hopefully it's the same this year! It's really just so unpredictable. I remember years I was sweating as a kid on Halloween in my costume!

Hmmm... interesting timing to bring up the idea of dressing up as the Saints on Halloween.:rolleyes1

I really do like the idea, but I'm not sure what the suspension of Payton will mean for your DH's willingness to dress as him for the party.

I personally would lean towards doing the Saints theme though. If you already have some of the things you need, that helps with the expense side of things, and as you said, if you buy another jersey or something like that you're going to end up wearing it again anyway. Go for it!

I mean really, I guess I was slightly psychic or something! :lmao: Really sucks for the fans...the news of the suspension broke while I was working, and I get a text from DH that says, "There goes our Halloween costume idea." I had no clue what was going on and immediately thought Drew Brees had left! I had a little panic attack until I could check FB and saw my news feed had exploded over the suspension. :mad: I did tell DH he could wear a sign that said "Suspended," but he didn't find that amusing. Too soon I guess!

Hi! My youngest boys (twins) celebrated their 2nd bday at WDW this past November. It was such fun, especially after the 1st half day when we got "in the groove". This year, we are taking the whole crew. Our dates are 10/21 - 10/28 and we're staying at Bonnet Creek (sound familiar? ;))
Here's are plan:
10/21 - Arrival!! Yea! DTD for lunch (TRex), treats from Goofys, checkin at WBC and then to Epcot for WS touring.
10/22 - DHS and oldest DH's bday
10/23 - YES Program (big kids) at AK and touring AK until 3pm. Back to resort, get ready for ... MNSSHP at MK. So excited (fyi - we took the little ones to MVMCP in Nov and they did great)
10/24 - sleep in and hit Typhoon Lagoon at 10am. Disney Quest at night
Oops. Will post the rest soon...

How awesome we will be at WBC at the same time! Have you stayed there before? We absolutely LOVE it! I do miss staying onsite at times, but then I think about how small those rooms would feel after staying in Wyndham resorts so many times, and I don't get too upset about it anymore. :laughing: Glad to hear your little ones did well at the party. We are still up in the air over whether we will go this year or save it for next year. But it is always encouraging to see people actually enjoy the parties with their toddlers!

Thanks for joining in! :thumbsup2

Since we are about a month away from the beginning of our 180 window, I thought I'd post a little about the ADRs I'll be trying to get! If you have followed any of my other TRs you know we just don't make very many ADRs. We are more than content to eat at the different CS locations (I know, I know, some of you are horrified to read this! :scared1:). But we are planning to make a few for this upcoming trip, and since we aren't staying onsite, that means as my 180 day window opens for each day I want a reservation, I'll be up early to book it! Hopefully it all goes well and we get the days/times we want.

Since Touring Plans has been changing their best and worst park recommendations almost daily (sometimes several times a day!), I haven't done much tweaking of my itinerary yet, but I know the tweaking is coming. I have already kind of played around with it a little bit, but I'm going to wait until it gets a little closer to ADR time.

So which ADR's are we trying to get? Glad you asked!

1. Crystal Palace (Breakfast)

0855.jpg

0832.jpg

This is the #1 most important ADR I'll be making for this trip!! As evidenced above, DS (and myself and DH) had a GREAT time at this breakfast last trip, and is a definite must-do for this trip as well. I'd like to repeat what we did last time and get an early time around 8:05 or 8:10 so that we can get into Magic Kingdom prior to opening and have some family pictures done in front of the Castle before breakfast. This breakfast will be on October 24th, DS's 2nd birthday, because I just can't think of a better way to start off his birthday than in the Magic Kingdom before it opens and having breakfast with the characters!

2. 'Ohana (Breakfast)

OHANA_1_998.jpg

This will be a new breakfast for DH, DS, and myself (not sure about Nonni & Poppi?). I'm planning on scheduling it for Friday morning around 9:30-ish. We might be going to MNSSHP the night before, so I figured it would be best to try to sleep-in a bit the next morning instead of rushing off to an early breakfast. If we end up not going to the party, we will still just sleep in, head to breakfast, and then rest for the morning and head to a park later in the afternoon. This meal is taking the place of Chef Mickey's, which we've done the last few trips. We enjoyed CM breakfast just fine, but I like this whole concept of "family style" at 'Ohana! I'm pretty excited to have both the characters AND the food coming to me instead of running up to the buffet and breaking my neck to look back at the table and make sure I'm not missing anything!

3. Via Napoli (Lunch)

0727.jpg

0731.jpg

We ate here on our last trip, and I've been thinking about it ever since!! We had dinner, and when we asked about an AP discount, the server said they only offered it at lunch, so we are aiming for a lunch sitting instead. I'm not sure which day we'll be doing this meal, I'll have to decide as I play around with our itinerary where it fits in the best. My parents have never eaten here, so if they decide to join us for this meal it will be new for them.

4. 50's Prime Time Cafe (?) (Lunch)

50-s-prime-time-cafe.jpg

This is our one maybe meal. I brought it up to DH the other day as an option since we normally have lunch at Sci-Fi. We did this last time and DS didn't do so well in such a quiet environment. We have been taking him out to restaurants more, and he really does well in them while we eat, but it's just SO quiet at Sci-Fi, I don't think we will attempt it again until he's a little older. I thought this might be a better alternative. Good food and a much more kid-friendly environment! We have all eaten there before (it's a favorite of Nonni's & Poppi's when it comes to Disney food!), but DH still needs to be sold on a few things before he'll say he wants to eat there. Again, don't have a specific day in mind for this, but I'm sure lunch would be the best option since we don't plan on spending a ton of time at DHS this trip and will likely not spend much afternoon/evening time there.

That's it, just 4 ADRs...Hopefully they won't be too difficult to book! Despite not getting to book 180+10 for the last two big trips we've done, I haven't had much trouble getting what I want at the time I want, so I'm hoping this time won't be much different!

I think you ought to have ease in getting those ADRs at the opening of your ressie window! Nice choices. I loved 50's PT much better than Sci Fi. The wait staff are hilarious!

Loving the pics of your son at CP. I am HOPING my DD is so happy around the characters as well. Time will tell!!

As far as the suspensions, I don't think you guys are done yet...I suspect some players are going to be suspended as well. While I think some of the suspensions were a bit harsh (not sure a full year was warrented for Peyton), I was fine seeing Greg Williams suspended indefinitely. This stuff did not surpirse me at all, as he was a would-class pr**k and egomaniac as the Bills head coach, so it didn't come as any surprise that he did whatever he wanted regardless of the rules. I got nothing against the Saints and didn't mind seeing them win the big one, except for Williams getting a ring.

I think part of the reason it was a full season suspension is they don't want it to be part of the news cycles in the fall. So by not allowing Payton to come back part-way through the season, it doesn't all get rehashed again come November.

Back to more important things...I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting the ADRs, from what they are saying, Disney's $10 non-cancelation fee is discouraging the double-booking (and triple- and quadruple-)
. If any might be tricky it would be Crystal Palace, especially if you want pre-park opening.
Ohana is on my wish-list for next trip, whenever that is. It's one of the few (non-signature) restaurants we've never tried. Not sure if I want to go with dinner or breakfast though. More likely dinner.
We really enjoyed '50 Prime-Time a ton, and while I agree I prefer Sci-Fi, I can see the reasons why it would not be good with Paxton. The whole car seating isn't great with an infant anyways.

I love your ADR pics. CP is one of my favorite character breakfasts. I have never done Ohana breakfast, although it looks yummy! Love Via Napoli - pizza and cute waiters, what's not to like?

I think you ought to have ease in getting those ADRs at the opening of your ressie window! Nice choices. I loved 50's PT much better than Sci Fi. The wait staff are hilarious!

Loving the pics of your son at CP. I am HOPING my DD is so happy around the characters as well. Time will tell!!

I have my fingers crossed!! It has been a long time since we've eaten at 50's PT, so I think it would be fun to go back. I bet Paxton would get a kick out of all of the activity going on there!

I hope your DD loves characters even half as much as Paxton did! It would have been a great trip regardless, but those moments with the characters were so special & magical to me. I was so glad he took to them so well. I'm hoping it stays that way on our next trip, but I know 2 is MUCH different than 1! We'll see in a month and a half when we head to Disneyland.

As far as the suspensions, I don't think you guys are done yet...I suspect some players are going to be suspended as well. While I think some of the suspensions were a bit harsh (not sure a full year was warrented for Peyton), I was fine seeing Greg Williams suspended indefinitely. This stuff did not surpirse me at all, as he was a would-class pr**k and egomaniac as the Bills head coach, so it didn't come as any surprise that he did whatever he wanted regardless of the rules. I got nothing against the Saints and didn't mind seeing them win the big one, except for Williams getting a ring.

I think part of the reason it was a full season suspension is they don't want it to be part of the news cycles in the fall. So by not allowing Payton to come back part-way through the season, it doesn't all get rehashed again come November.

I think the year for Payton was a punishment that didn't fit the crime. But I think you are right, we haven't heard the end of it yet. I just hope my Saints can overcome and still have an awesome season. Guess we will all see come fall!

Back to more important things...I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting the ADRs, from what they are saying, Disney's $10 non-cancelation fee is discouraging the double-booking (and triple- and quadruple-)
. If any might be tricky it would be Crystal Palace, especially if you want pre-park opening.
Ohana is on my wish-list for next trip, whenever that is. It's one of the few (non-signature) restaurants we've never tried. Not sure if I want to go with dinner or breakfast though. More likely dinner.
We really enjoyed '50 Prime-Time a ton, and while I agree I prefer Sci-Fi, I can see the reasons why it would not be good with Paxton. The whole car seating isn't great with an infant anyways.

I am pretty happy about the $10 "deposit" on ADR's because I think it really will make those more popular meals easier to get into than in the past. I too am thinking CP will be the most difficult, but I am optimistic. Last year I had it booked for 2 different mornings pre-park opening until we decided which morning would be better as our trip got closer and I could cancel one.

I'm thinking Sci-Fi might be ok next year when we go because he will be a few days shy of 3 and if we haven't gotten him able to sit still through a meal by then...we are in more trouble than just trying to eat at Sci-Fi! :scared1:

I love your ADR pics. CP is one of my favorite character breakfasts. I have never done Ohana breakfast, although it looks yummy! Love Via Napoli - pizza and cute waiters, what's not to like?

We just LOVED CP, all 3 of us! DS really enjoyed the character interaction there, so of course we did too. I'm kind of excited about 'Ohana breakfast. The last 2 times we have eaten at CM it was to avoid having to wait for the Fab 5 characters in the parks, but we still did it anyway! So I figured if we were going to stand in line at the parks for characters anyway, it didn't really matter who we saw at breakfast. :laughing: Plus, I really love Lilo & Stitch, so I don't mind having breakfast with them one morning.

Love your summary of Via Napoli!! :rotfl: So so true!!

Great ADR plans! I definitely think that you have the right amount. Many good places to eat, but not an overwhelming amount.

Great ADR plans! I definitely think that you have the right amount. Many good places to eat, but not an overwhelming amount.

We never usually do too many because neither DH or myself are "foodies" so we will eat just about anything so we can get back to touring the parks. :thumbsup2 Now with DS, we enjoy doing the character meals!

I'm jumping over to your PTR (just noticed your link in your signature) but while I have only read the first few posts, I did notice your ticker also. Congratulations!!! :hug: I look forward to catching up with the rest of your PTR. :goodvibes

Looks like you have some good ADR choices picked out. I cant believe our ADR windows open up so soon! Oct will be here before we know it :)

I am a little worried about the 180 day thing too. Being that we are staying at WBC as well, we need to do the one day at a time thing. I have had pretty good luck getting last minute ADR's in the past, so maybe it won't be as hard as we think. But I agree that I will be up at the crack of dawn each day that week.:cool2:

Looks like you have some good ADR choices picked out. I cant believe our ADR windows open up so soon! Oct will be here before we know it :)

I keep thinking October is SO much closer than it actually is!! :rotfl: But then I have to stop and remind myself it's still 7 months till that vacation and that I have another one coming up in less than 50 days!! I guess it's a little hard to focus on that one when there are STILL no park hours for DL in May yet. :sad2: But yes, I am thinking this summer will fly by and soon October will be here! :goodvibes

I am a little worried about the 180 day thing too. Being that we are staying at WBC as well, we need to do the one day at a time thing. I have had pretty good luck getting last minute ADR's in the past, so maybe it won't be as hard as we think. But I agree that I will be up at the crack of dawn each day that week.:cool2:

Well, I'll just tell you that you shouldn't let it worry you too much. We have done it for two trips now, and I have never had a problem getting the times I wanted or at least close to them, and I have never had a problem getting the restaurants I wanted (even more popular ones like Chef Mickey's). I think with the new no-show/no-cancellation policy, it will make ADRs more available to everyone else since people can't book multiple reservations for the the same time/restaurant. It's just a pain in the butt to get up every day you need to make a reservation instead of just being able to do it all at once!! I haven't even looked yet, but hopefully I'll be working the day I need to book something so I'll already be awake that early. :rotfl: I can get up, brush my teeth, get dressed for work, and make some ADRs!! :surfweb:

I can't wait to go to Crystal Palace! I've never been and it looks beautiful plus I love Winnie the Pooh. I'm really looking forward to it.

We were thinking of Via Napoli but there are just so many great places in Epcot, we picked other restaurants instead! Decisions, decisions!

I can't wait to go to Crystal Palace! I've never been and it looks beautiful plus I love Winnie the Pooh. I'm really looking forward to it.

We were thinking of Via Napoli but there are just so many great places in Epcot, we picked other restaurants instead! Decisions, decisions!

Are you doing breakfast at CP? You might have mentioned it in your PTR, I have just been reading so many Oct PTRs they are all running together right now!! :laughing: If you are going for breakfast, you MUST try the puffed French toast! It's on the kids buffet, but all you see is adults stacking their plates with it because it is just heavenly! After the character interaction with DS, that's the second reason I'm super excited to have breakfast again!

I'm still here! I'm gonna have to go back and catch up

:goodvibes Happy to see you around, it has been too long! Hope everything is ok with you & the family. :hug:

Well, I'll just tell you that you shouldn't let it worry you too much. We have done it for two trips now, and I have never had a problem getting the times I wanted or at least close to them, and I have never had a problem getting the restaurants I wanted (even more popular ones like Chef Mickey's). I think with the new no-show/no-cancellation policy, it will make ADRs more available to everyone else since people can't book multiple reservations for the the same time/restaurant. It's just a pain in the butt to get up every day you need to make a reservation instead of just being able to do it all at once!! I haven't even looked yet, but hopefully I'll be working the day I need to book something so I'll already be awake that early. :rotfl: I can get up, brush my teeth, get dressed for work, and make some ADRs!! :surfweb:

That's good to hear, thanks. If I am at work when I need to get online I may have a problem...I'll need to make sure my break is at 6 so I can get online down in our lunch room. I'll need to set my alarm otherwise.

Great choices on you ADRs. The breakfasts should be a good choice with a little guy in tow. Gotta love having them eat free at a buffet or family style place.:thumbsup2 Characters for entertainment is always helpful too.

Via Napoli is just pure awesomeness no matter who is eating there. Always an excellent choice.

I like the plan to do 50's. I'm glad to see you say you like Sci-fi, because it seems like it is highly underrated and doesn't get much respect. I can see how it is less than ideal in your situation though, and you do want to try something else once in a while. 50's has good food and a good family atmosphere. I think it should be a good fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter