Boo To You - Sept 2015 Solo TR! - updated 19/05

Day 6 Part 5 - "IIIINNNNNDDDDDYYYYYY"

I swear this woman as been doing this role since I was a kid coming to Disney!

Ahh the Extras! No Indy show would be complete without them

Unfortunately the lighting wasn't the best so the photos didn't turn out too well but I did the best I could.

It took FOREVER to get out of the stadium after the show - I guess that's what happens when you sit near the front - and most people headed straight to Star Tours so I headed further afield and went over to The Little Mermaid.

My god that show was awful! Seriously it was so bad. It desperately needed an update!

After the show I headed over to Pixar Place and used my FP for TSMM

The SB line was posted at 60 mins (you can just about see it in the picture)

But it practically a walk-on, seriously the wait would've been 10 minutes tops. No need for my FP at all! I didn't take a picture of my latest score because it really was so abysmal!

Next I headed on over to Star Tours via the Streets of America where I remembered to get a picture of Mr Gold's shop from Once Upon a Time

By the time I got off the ride it was nearly 6pm and I was feeling a little peckish so I headed on over to the quick-service places by RnRC. I ordered just a kids chicken nugget meal but I only managed 2 nuggets and a few chips. My stomach really was not playing ball today!

By the time I'd finished it was time to go and find a spot for Fantasmic!

I keep going back and forth with which scene I prefer on the GMR: the gangster or cowboy :scratchin We ended up with the gangster like 10x and I was getting totally tired of it; then luckily we got the cowboy scene - and have now had THAT one about 10x lol!! Kind of hoping for the gangster if we ride when DH and I go down in 2 weeks and then both scenes if we ride more than once with the kids in Nov.
I hope we have low waits for TSMM when we're there in Nov! Back in the "old days" of paper FP we were often able to get 2 or 3 per day, and even 4a couple times. But since FP+ we've never gotten any additional FP's and of course the waits were always crazy before the 3rd track. That track seems to have helped the waits.

I keep going back and forth with which scene I prefer on the GMR: the gangster or cowboy :scratchin We ended up with the gangster like 10x and I was getting totally tired of it; then luckily we got the cowboy scene - and have now had THAT one about 10x lol!! Kind of hoping for the gangster if we ride when DH and I go down in 2 weeks and then both scenes if we ride more than once with the kids in Nov.
I hope we have low waits for TSMM when we're there in Nov! Back in the "old days" of paper FP we were often able to get 2 or 3 per day, and even 4a couple times. But since FP+ we've never gotten any additional FP's and of course the waits were always crazy before the 3rd track. That track seems to have helped the waits.

Hahaha I wish I was there often enough to get tired of them! Have you seen the rumours about it closing? That would make me so sad! Yeh I think the 3rd track is helping which is good. Might even be able to get in quite a few rides in this upcoming trip! I'm looking forward trying out getting extra FP+ via the app when I'm there in Nov. Hopefully the wifi will be better than last time but you never know

Hahaha I wish I was there often enough to get tired of them! Have you seen the rumours about it closing? That would make me so sad! Yeh I think the 3rd track is helping which is good. Might even be able to get in quite a few rides in this upcoming trip! I'm looking forward trying out getting extra FP+ via the app when I'm there in Nov. Hopefully the wifi will be better than last time but you never know
I have heard the rumors about GMR closing :( I think it's a shame since its one of the couple remaining attractions original to the park. I think an update would make it more appealing to more people, not that it needs to be updated to appeal to me! DS10 also really loves it and since he doesn't do thrill rides yet, I hate that they'll be taking away something he loves/does.
I'm interested to see if DH and I can either get on TSMM via a short standby line or by getting a 4th FP when we go next week!

I have heard the rumors about GMR closing :( I think it's a shame since its one of the couple remaining attractions original to the park. I think an update would make it more appealing to more people, not that it needs to be updated to appeal to me! DS10 also really loves it and since he doesn't do thrill rides yet, I hate that they'll be taking away something he loves/does.
I'm interested to see if DH and I can either get on TSMM via a short standby line or by getting a 4th FP when we go next week!

How was your trip in the end? Did you have success with TSMM?

Hi everyone! I am so sorry I haven't been able to add anything for a while, I had a huge research project due last week and I haven't been able to face sitting at my computer since. It's officially been a year since I left for Florida so I REALLY need to get on with it!

Day 6 Part 6

I headed down the walkway (I swear it's gotten longer since last time!) and on into the stadium. I was there about 6.30ish and the CMs directed me down into the Pocahontas section and I took a seat about halfway down

While I waited I got a talking to my neighbours who were all really lovely. It is definitely nice to have the odd conversation while on a solo trip. As the stadium filled up, some girls in the next section started screaming over these two guys. I have no idea who they were but I've included a couple of pics below to see if anyone has any clue....

As it got closer to showtime, the crowd was getting a little restless so naturally a Mexican wave started going back and forth along the stadium. Certainly kept us entertained. By now it was pretty much a full house

Finally it was time for the show

Our Hero:

Probably one of my favourite Disney songs of all time

John Smith

Belle & the Beast

Snow White and her Prince

Queen Grimhilde

The Dragon!

Mickey the Hero

The Grand Finale

Soon the show was over and it was time to head home. I waited until the crowds had left before heading out of the stadium. It was still really busy in the park so I chilled out for a bit before heading to the bus stop (and naturally the ASMv stop is the furthest one away). As I waited we got to see the higher fireworks from Illuminations which kept everyone entertained. The bus didn't take too long to arrive and before I knew it I was curled up in bed and ready to sleep.​

Day 7 Part 1 - Yet another character breakfast....

So this morning I was off to meet Mickey & co at Chef Mickey's. For some reason I had it in my head that it was at the Grand Floridian, I have no idea why! Luckily, as I was getting ready it clicked that I was heading to the Contemporary so I went to the bus stop and waited for my ride to Magic Kingdom. My ADR was at 9.05 so being the well trained Disney guest I was ready and waiting when the bus showed up at 7.30am....only we were at MK by 7.45...well at least it gave me plenty of time to explore...

I headed up to the 4th floor to see where the restaurant was and I always remembered the Contemporary being light and airy but it just dark. Perhaps my memories of being there as a 4 year old was playing tricks on me!

I still had a good while till I could check in so naturally I found myself in the gift shop looking at pins :sad2:. I picked out a Contemporary Resort one and went over to pay where the CM at the till had an "earning my ears" badge on. I was literally his first ever customer! His trainer talked him through everything so it was fairly painless but still took a little longer than normal. I still had a bit of time to kill so I took a wonder outside to find a smoking area. I found the one by the main entrance and as I was standing there someone in a VERY nice little Ferrari pulled up. Oh how nice it would be to be able to pull up to a deluxe in a snazzy little sports car! :car:

I headed back up to the 4th floor when I had finished drooling over the car and checked in. Now if you've never been to the Contemporary the 4th floor acts as the bottom of an atrium with 3 separate eateries with open ceilings so for the most part it is LOUD so I would definitely not recommend Chef Mickey's if you want a more chilled out character experience.

Anyway, at Chef Mickey's they have a pre-food photo opportunity so I jumped in the queue for that but there was only one family in front of me

There wasn't anyone else in line so me and the photographer got chatting about our cameras which was nice. I would so LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be a photographer at Disney. Seriously that would definitely be my dream Disney job. While we were chatting, they called out my name so I had to say goodbye and head off to my table. I was sat on a table for two right by one of the buffets. My waitress came over and I ordered an ice-tea and orange juice and then hit the buffet

I got a cheese and ham quiche, cheesy potato thing, a smidgen of smoke salmon, some sausage and of course a Mickey waffle. As you can see my syrup pouring got a little out of hand haha.

I had literally just sat down when the characters arrived suddenly as I was only the 2nd table in the section

I looked around for a character handler to see if there was anyone who could take my photo but there wasn't even someone at another table I could grab so I attempted to take selfies but as you will see they all failed pretty miserably

I mean I have pretty long arms but even I couldn't get my hand far enough away to fit in the heads of the fab five. Even though the pictures failed, the interactions were pretty good. I got lots of kisses and licks from Pluto and then later on Goofy came back and gave me a kiss which was sweet. After all the characters had been I finally found their handlers standing about 20ft away from me standing in a circle chatting together basically just letting the Fab Five get on with it. Seriously, even as they moved further into the room the handlers just stood a mile away from them.

I finally got to eat my breakfast but the difficulty with the characters had kind of put a dampener on things so I finished as quickly as I could, paid and got out.

I headed up to the monorail platform to go over to the TTC and Lost & Found because I wanted to see if anyone had handed in my sun shade for my camera lens that I had dropped a few days before. Unfortunately it hadn't so it was a wasted journey (and a wasted 40 minutes in a queue), it was now gone midday and I had another MNSSHP to attend. I was going to jump on the monorail back to MK but there was a massive queue so instead I jumped on the monorail over to Epcot instead. Plus Epcot is practically halfway back to ASMvs.

The Epcot car park only had about 8 full rows of cars in only one section so it was practically empty. As the monorail sped over Epcot it looked really quiet.

It definitely looked like a good day to get things done there!

I got to the Epcot station and headed on over to the bus stop. There was already a family waiting and we only had to wait another 5 minutes before the bus arrived. Back at the resort I chilled out and watched a bit of GREEK while my photos uploaded and soon it was time to get ready for the party.

Tonight I was going in:

A Dr Who Tardis dress

Now I'm not actually a fan of Dr Who but it's a good colour on me so it's a winner in my book hahaha

I was ready to go by 3pm and headed back to the bus stop. There were fewer costumes around but everyone who had dressed up had really gone the whole hog! We got to Magic Kingdom just before 3.30pm so they weren't letting any party goers just yet and were only just putting up the welcome banner

Boy was it hot standing in the glaring sun! Luckily it wasn't too long before we were all let in

All of your photos are beautiful but those Fantasmic ones are spectacular! I never manage any decent ones from that show.
How was your trip in the end? Did you have success with TSMM?
We had a really great time, as usual! Tried a new resort, the Wilderness Lodge, and it's now tied with AKL as our favorite :) We also did the Undiscovered Futureworld tour and loved that as well. So informative plus we had a wonderful tour guide. However we didn't get on TSMM and didn't even try for a 4th FP for it :( That will have to wait until our Nov. trip in 64 days!!

I don't blame you for being disappointed at Chef Mickey's. The handlers should have been more attentive!

Love the Epcot shots while you were on the monorail!

All of your photos are beautiful but those Fantasmic ones are spectacular! I never manage any decent ones from that show.

We had a really great time, as usual! Tried a new resort, the Wilderness Lodge, and it's now tied with AKL as our favorite :) We also did the Undiscovered Futureworld tour and loved that as well. So informative plus we had a wonderful tour guide. However we didn't get on TSMM and didn't even try for a 4th FP for it :( That will have to wait until our Nov. trip in 64 days!!

Aww thanks. I was really pleased with how well some of them came out. I think I discovered that I need to sit closer to the front during the shows though. Can't wait to crack out my new lenses on my upcoming trip (It's FP booking day in a week :scared1:).

Glad you had an awesome trip! I've only heard great things about the Wilderness Lodge. What's the best thing about it? I've never done any of the tours at Disney but I probably should stick them on my bucket list. Bad times about TSMM. At least you can give it another go soon lol

I don't blame you for being disappointed at Chef Mickey's. The handlers should have been more attentive!

Love the Epcot shots while you were on the monorail!

Yeh I can't say I will be hurrying back. Definitely had better character meals elsewhere onsite. Looking forward to trying Minnie's Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine on my next trip. Thank you so much. I just really wish I'd had my wide-angle lens on instead lol

Aww thanks. I was really pleased with how well some of them came out. I think I discovered that I need to sit closer to the front during the shows though. Can't wait to crack out my new lenses on my upcoming trip (It's FP booking day in a week :scared1:).

Glad you had an awesome trip! I've only heard great things about the Wilderness Lodge. What's the best thing about it? I've never done any of the tours at Disney but I probably should stick them on my bucket list. Bad times about TSMM. At least you can give it another go soon lol
OMG, so like one day until your FP day now???

Hmm, what was best about WL. One thing is definitely the option of taking the boat to the MK. Not only did we use it for that, we used it for our dinner at the GF, breakfast at FW, going to Epcot once we took the boat to MK then took the monorail. It's much more relaxing than the busses (not that we mind the busses) and a very pretty ride. The resort itself has a very peaceful feel, like AKL which we also loved. It wasn't busy while we were there which may have had something to do with the construction, we'll have to see if there's a huge difference should we stay again once construction is done. The geyser is also neat and we like that they have the QS, 2 sit-downs one of which is a signature, and the lounge. Again not that other deluxe resorts don't also have all those eating options but put all that together, and they made WL stand out :goodvibes
I think you should look into the tours! They do take up some time but since they start early in the day, you can still get in lots of park time afterwards in most cases if you want. And lots of the tours, well at least KTTK and Undiscovered Futureworld, take you on rides so you get a couple of those in during the actual tour.

OMG, so like one day until your FP day now???

Hmm, what was best about WL. One thing is definitely the option of taking the boat to the MK. Not only did we use it for that, we used it for our dinner at the GF, breakfast at FW, going to Epcot once we took the boat to MK then took the monorail. It's much more relaxing than the busses (not that we mind the busses) and a very pretty ride. The resort itself has a very peaceful feel, like AKL which we also loved. It wasn't busy while we were there which may have had something to do with the construction, we'll have to see if there's a huge difference should we stay again once construction is done. The geyser is also neat and we like that they have the QS, 2 sit-downs one of which is a signature, and the lounge. Again not that other deluxe resorts don't also have all those eating options but put all that together, and they made WL stand out :goodvibes
I think you should look into the tours! They do take up some time but since they start early in the day, you can still get in lots of park time afterwards in most cases if you want. And lots of the tours, well at least KTTK and Undiscovered Futureworld, take you on rides so you get a couple of those in during the actual tour.

Oh nice. I'm trying really hard to do resort hopping on my next trip so I'm definitely going to try the boat! The pictures of WL look amazing. It's on my hit list haha. I will definitely look at the tours for my 2017 trip. I've been so park focussed on the last couple of trips it'll be nice to try something different.

Just did my FPs a couple of weeks ago and it was a nightmare. I don't really like the new way of picking them one at a time because I can't ever remember what time I got my previous ones haha. Also it was so annoying not being able to get any FPs for PFH and since I've had my SDMT fp changed to Splash. I was really looking forward to Star Wars fireworks and now they have the christmas ones instead and I'd been planning my full day at MK with getting to finally see MSEP but obviously that's now ended so everything is a bit up in the air atm. Not really sure how my trip is going to go now.

Day 7 Part 2 - MNSSHP Take Two

We got into the park and luckily Main Street wasn't half as busy as it had been for the first party.

I nipped into Starbucks for a quick pick me up and then headed off for my FP at 7DMT. I got to the front of the queue and opposite me in the standby line was a CM (who I'd seen on Tuesday night) and I swear he was a total look-a-like for Devin from America's Next Top Model. Anyway, typically because I was at the front of the line the ride decided to break down and they had to completely unload the train that was at the station and then send around a few empty trains. Luckily we didn't have to wait too long and soon I was sent down to the very front of the train. Unfortunately the CMs wanted me to jump in with another solo rider who was also on the larger side so there was just no way we were both going to squeeze in to the seats together. Luckily the two boys in front of me didn't seem to speak English so they didn't move out of the way and spared me a very uncomfortable ride! The ride was good and we all had a very rousing rendition of Hi-Ho thanks to the large number of CMs on the train.

After the Mine train it was nearly time for my Mickey M&G fp so I headed back to the front of the park. As I walked through FL I noticed that Cinderella and Rapunzel had a shorter wait time than Anna and Elsa. Seriously? When has that ever happened? Main Street had gotten even busier by the time I got there so I dived into the Emporium to get out of the heat and crowds but there was a serious air of panic as people rushed to make their purchases before they were kicked out at 7pm. I dashed over to Town Square Theatre and as I walking in a guy commented on my dress and was very excited about the upcoming series of Dr Who. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't really a fan :rotfl2:

They standby line was at 25 minutes so I was glad I had a FP. I was led into one of the holding rooms where 3 other groups were already waiting. After about 5 minutes they were all taken through to meet Mickey. Not 30 seconds later another CM came in, took me by the hand and led me through to have a private meeting with the main man.

Unfortunately it was talking Mickey and I'm sorry but it's creepy. I know I should be wowed by it but I'm just not a fan *hangs head in shame.* Anyway, he made us act like pirates which created one of my favourite photos of the trip.

Anyway, after meeting Mickey, they were only allowing party guests up the right-hand side of Main Street so my plan to walk back through the Emporium was foiled. Instead I dashed into Art of Disney and there are some things in there. Seriously if money was no object I would've had a field day, although I'm not sure I would've been able to get them back to the UK all in one piece.

I know someone who would LOVE this!

After Main Street I headed on over to Buzz and it said the wait was only 15 minutes but I was a little skeptical as the queue was outside but I thought I'd risk it and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it moved. And I also got a not so embarrassing score for once! I'm telling you it's all about the glasses hahaha

One day I will get over 100,000!

After Buzz I headed on over to Space Mountain

Space was fun and then I went on over to Storybrook Circus and the queue for Minnie, Donald and Daisy was already pretty long

I'm stood at the back of it and you can see the photographer on the right of the screen.

I walked over to the Little Mermaid and the Candy Trail across from the ride was pretty long but moving pretty quickly. And of course the Little Mermaid was a total walk-on (which is just how I like it :D)

I got off the ride and realised that my back wasn't feeling so hot; I had pain in my hip and my knee was popping with every step so I knew I needed to let it settle down for a bit. I walked back towards the Hub at about 7.30pm and all I could see were big tv camera's set up for the Hocus Pocus show.

As I walked through I saw this awesome ghost couple

Seriously, how do they get their make up to stay on in that heat!?!

Main Street was looking really busy, especially at the point where it met the Hub.

What you can't see in the photo is the rope that CMs had put across the base of the Hub to prevent those without wristbands from getting further into the park. The CMs were so much more proactive than the 1st party. I realised I was feeling a little peckish and I hadn't had an ice cream yet so I ducked into Plaza Ice Cream Parlour. I picked the right-hand lane because it had less people in it but what a mistake! The family at the cashier didn't really speak English so they and the CM struggled to understand each other but that can't really be helped and I actually felt a little sorry for them. I wish I had better french so I could've helped. Anyway, they were finally sorted but then came to two American ladies in front of me. Seriously we'd waited about 10 minutes for the family in front of us and they still didn't know what they wanted and ended up discussing it for ages at the cashier. Then to top it off they ordered the "Plaza" Ice Cream Sundae, you know the one in the waffle bowl with hot fudge sauce, whipped cream, a cherry and two scoops of ice cream but the kicker was that they (eventually) ordered it with fat free ice cream. I mean seriously....what was the point....:sad2:.

Anyway I eventually got served and went for the All-American Sundae (without nuts). My back was still niggly so I went over to the East FP area in the Hub and just sat and chilled out for a while with my ice cream

I was just check my facebook and someone was annoying some of my friends by bragging about how they were heading to Disney in a couple of weeks so naturally I shut him down by posting a picture of my view

:rolleyes1

Day 7 Part 3 - An accidentally long time out

I think the FP areas are great during a party because they're pretty much empty so there's space for kids to have a bit of a run around and burn off some sugar while not being too over stimulated. While I was eating my ice cream the first Hocus Pocus show started and although I couldn't really see the stage the music sounded great!

The ice cream was just what I needed and as the sun set there was a nice little breeze coming through cooling everything off. After the show the FP area started to fill up with people wanting to watch the parade. Personally I don't think the FP area is great for catching the parade as you don't get a great view of all the dancers. Main Street still looked pretty hectic with people taking their time leaving and others staking out their spot for the parade. I stayed in my spot on the floor so I only managed to get this shot of it

After the parade the Hub stayed pretty busy as it was time for the next Hocus Pocus show. As Celebrate the Magic and fireworks drew closer the FP area started to get busier but it was nice because everyone was sat down so it felt a bit like we were having a giant picnic. I do have to confess though that as people were coming into the area and looked like they were going to block my view I was giving them the stink eye. In my defence I totally forgot I had swapped my sunnies for my glasses so people could actually see who I was staring at. So if anyone did get the evil eye from a young woman in a tardis dress last year I apologise!

Eventually, it was time for Celebrate the Magic and my stink-eye giving had apparently worked because I had a pretty clear view of the castle

And soon it was time for Hallowishes which is definitely my favourite nighttime entertainment at Disney (including Disneyland's offering). Seriously gives me chills everytime.

The fireworks ended and I joined the throngs of people heading over the bridge towards Tomorrowland. Once over it I saw a young woman in a beautiful Cinderella gown (from the live-action film) and unfortunately this was the only shot I could get of it

I went over to the smoking area by Space Mountain and there were CMs there stopping people heading the wrong way up the candy trail but we dirty smokers were allowed to sneak over into the corner. After that I went back to my favourite the Little Mermaid

Then I realised I hadn't yet been on the Haunted Mansion so I headed over to Liberty Square taking a couple of photos along the way

The HM line was pretty empty and Madame Leota was out entertaining a small crowd

HM was fun and the CM in the Stretch room attempted to scare myself and the girl next to me when the lights went out but I am wise to their game so I keep my eyes down until I know where they are. The girl next to me was not so knowing and screamed pretty loud when the lights came up again :lmao:

After HM I made my way over to Frontierland and went between Splash and BTMRR as the 2nd parade was on so I was kind of stuck in that area.

I kept going between the two rides until just before midnight when I headed into Frotier Trading Post to get some of the exclusive party pins. The girl serving me was British and over on the Academic Exchange Programme so we chatted for a little while about that and how she was finding the programme. Finally it was time to potter to the exit and it was pretty quiet in that area of the park

There was still a pretty good crowd of people watching the final Hocus Pocus show. Luckily it meant it wasn't too difficult to get out of the park and at the bus stop for ASMvs I ended up in about the same place in the queue as the previous night so I knew I would get on the next bus but wouldn't get a seat. The bus came pretty quickly and I was joined by a group of teenagers who were in full Disney outfits of Tiana, Jane, Aurora with their princes. Seriously, where do you guys get these costumes!?! I made it back to the resort and went to back up my photos onto my laptop but unfortunately I didn't have enough space so I had to spend time deleting stuff off my laptop to make room. Damn shooting in RAW! It wasn't until 2.30am that I got to switch my light off and go to sleep

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!