Boo to You...and Food & Wine Too! - October 26 to November 2, 2012 Updated Post #282

mvf-m11c

DIS Veteran
Hello there fellow DISers and readers. Welcome to my Pre Trip Report for my October trip to WDW.

My name is Bret and I am a huge fan of Disneyland in Anaheim. I am mostly over on the Disneyland boards and have done a lot of different trip reports on the Disneyland Trip Report thread. I like to videotape the nighttime shows (fireworks, WoC, F! at DL & DHS, Illuminations, etc) and take pictures of anything at the parks that are interesting from flowers, light fixtures, Halloween & Christmas decorations, etc. We are only 81 days away till Boo to You...and Food & Wine Too! Trip. The title was from Sherry E one of the Moderators from the DL threads.

7396480428_1bbf977815_z.jpg

Here are some recent past & upcoming trip reports from the DL threads in the last few months.

I have just finished the [post=45177437]Sneak Peek at Cars Land & Buena Street June 9 - 12, 2012[/post] & my upcoming trip to DL in just 7 days [post=45575426]I’m Racing Back to Cars Land with ‘Bro and his Girl’ in Tow August 13 – 15, 2012 PTR[/post] You can check out My TRs plus Pics & Vids on the Disneyland Trip Reports which tells about me and my past trip reports to DL and WDW.

Going to the DLR is one of the best times in my life since DL is the original park that Walt Disney created. After a fun and great trip to the DLR during the preview of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street before it was open on June 15th and just about to leave too DL next week, it is now time to get my plans all set up for the Halloween season & EPCOT Food & Wine Festival at WDW.

I just concluded my [post=45177437]Sneak Peek at Cars Land & Buena Street June 9 - 12, 2012[/post] Trip Report.

This last trip was the most anticipated trip that my DA and I have ever done going to the DLR. It was mostly to see Cars Land and Buena Vista Street during the AP/D23/Club 33/CM preview. Not only we were there for the preview, it was also my DA birthday which was on the 11th. My DA is one of my favorite aunts and we went to a lot of Disney parks together. This was a great birthday trip for her as well since we get to see Cars Land and Buena Vista Street before it was open to the public in a few days. We have been waiting for almost 4 years for Cars Land to be completed and it finally is completed. Cars Land was even better than we expected when we see it up close. The details of each building were just like in the movie. The best part at Cars Land when it was nighttime and the lights lit up at night just like in the movie cars which played “Life Could be Dream”.

We got to do most of the rides (Radiator Springs Racers 5 times, Luigi’s Flying Tires 2 times, & Mater Junkyard Jamboree once). RSR surpassed our expectations, not just the ride, but it was the AA where they looked really real. The ones that looked real were Mater, Sheriff, Sarge, Fillmore, & Doc Hudson the most while the others use projection mouths. LFT was something that I wanted to ride ever since I saw vintage clips of the Flying Saucers at DL in the 60s. It was not as bumpy as I thought when we saw clips of Disney testing it out. MJJ is a combination of Francis' Ladybug Boogie where the tractor goes to another track and it moves you left and right.

The food at Cozy Cone Motel was great which we got a souvenir cone cup and Lightning McQueen popcorn. We didn’t eat at Flo’s V8 Café which that will be another must do on my upcoming trip. We also got to have three sit down restaurants (ESPN Zone twice and Storyteller’s Café) during the trip.

Buena Vista Street was a great entrance to DCA and we got to walk through BVS during the preview which we have done a lot in the short time we had at BVS. We were hoping that Storyteller’s statue would be revealed during the preview, but it was all boxed up that week.

I have taken over 2,500 pics on this last trip is the most I have ever done on any trip. Most of the pics were from Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

Here are some pics of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street during the preview in mid June before it was open to the public on the 15th. **Spoiler for people who don’t want to see the pics before they see it in person** If you are reading this Deej, I would skip it since you already told me that you don’t want to see the pictures until you go and see it in person.

Buena Vista Street
7356646846_bf31f39775_z.jpg

7173293377_e7e7dd34a0_z.jpg

7356692970_df5722edd8_z.jpg

7356705922_226ae5826e_z.jpg

Cars Land
7174429081_5763dfa34e_z.jpg

7190292057_64da157bbc_z.jpg

7396521314_00e6cfa513_z.jpg

7409735844_3cabbaa854_z.jpg

7409862100_3a3e018a59_z.jpg

Now I am planning my pre trip report for October 26th to November 2nd, 2012 during the Halloween season at WDW.

Cast: Me Bret, my DB, DB GF V, Uncle S, Uncle R, Uncle M, and Aunt H.

This will be my 1st time to WDW during the Halloween. This will be my 9th time coming back to WDW (July 96, June 98, June 01, Mar 06, Mar/Apr 07, Mar/Apr 10, Dec 10, Dec 11) which my last trip to WDW was last year during the Holiday season [post=43486854]Friends and Family Holiday trip to WDW Dec 9 - 16, 2011[/post]. This will be my DB 7th time back to WDW (July 96, June 98, June 01, Mar 06, Mar/Apr 07, Dec 11). This will be V first time to WDW. For Uncle S, R, M and Aunt H this will be the first time they have been back to WDW during the 80s. Everything back then has changed and they are looking forward at what is different from the 80s and now.

Our trip is not until the last weekend of October and we will be leaving on the first weekend of November. This will be my 1st time to go to WDW during the Halloween season as well the Food & Wine Festival. For all the times I have gone to WDW, I have went during Spring Break season and Summer time. The last couple of years, I went during the Holiday season which is amazing with all those Christmas decorations.

Last year trip to WDW during the Holiday season was great and exciting. It was an exciting trip to WDW last year during the Holiday season since it was with my dad’s best friend and his family. They were so amazed during the Holiday season at WDW. I was the guide for the whole trip where we got to do MVMCP, EPCOT with all the Christmas decorations and see how they celebrate the Holiday season. The Osborne Lights at DHS, Animal Kingdom and the Wizardy World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure was amazing as well. We also got to eat at Le Cellier at the Canada Pavilion during the Candlelight Processional which I really like the most. We also ate at Bistro de Paris which is great.

Our whole group will be flying from Sacramento to Houston first thing in the morning around 6 am.This will be my first time flying to Houston International Airport which we mostly go to LAX, Denver, Chicago, or Dallas airports midway to Orlando since there are no direct flights from Sacramento to Orlando. When we get to Houston we will change planes and take our next flight to Orlando International Airport. We should get in Orlando around 6 pm eastern time. While we are at the airport we will get our rental cars and head on over to our hotel during our stay. We should be at our hotel around 7-8pm and then get settled in. We will be renting two cars which my DB, V and me will be driving while Uncle S, R, M and Aunt H will have their own car so if we want to do something different we will have another car.

We will be staying at Sheraton Vistana Resort just right across from the Highway 4 of the WDW property. I have stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort last year with my family during our WDW trip and from 2010. It was a nice timeshare with a master bedroom, two double beds, a living room, kitchen, washer & dryer, plus a patio. We barely spend some time in the room during our trip, but we didn’t do any of the activities at the resort. But there was just way too much to do at Florida and had no time to do any of those things at the resort. We will be getting two rooms while my DB, V and I will be in one of them while Uncle S, R, M and Aunt H will be in the other. Here are some pics of the room from 2010.

5249701153_9b5be84765_z.jpg

5250309136_2e3e40fc52_z.jpg

5250307314_f0280b68d6_z.jpg

Here is the problem that I am having is that my Uncle’s, Aunt, my DB and V are still thinking of what they want to do during our trip. I have come up with different plans based on my history of WDW. But as of now there is nothing planned. But I know for a fact is that they want to visit all four Disney parks at WDW and go to Cape Canaveral. I will be upgrading my DL Premium AP to the Premier AP. Right now I don’t have the Premier AP until I upgrade it at DL next week during my DL trip. Here is the main problem of upgrading from the DL Premium AP to the Premier. I renewed my AP before the price hike in May. I had to pay $479 for the Premium AP. Now the Premier is $849 and with tax it is around $920. The question is it worth paying another $450+ to upgrade to the Premier. I never thought I would be going back to WDW this year or I would have renewed my Premier AP in May. I love the Premier AP after getting it 2010 during the Holiday season at WDW. I used it for both the DLR and WDW for two years and it did pay for the whole thing. It did save me a lot of money on the parking and merchandise, so I am planning again on taking advantage of the Premier AP when I am at WDW. I plan on going to WDW all the days during our vacation from Saturday October 27th to Thursday November 1st. I am hoping that I will be able to get one day on Friday the day we show up, but we will wait and see.

The whole goal for most of my group during our trip is for my uncles and aunt where this may be the only time for them to see Florida and WDW while they can travel. They were not planning on going to Florida if they weren’t feeling healthy. But they want to enjoy Florida while they are healthy and be able to walk. I do have my concerns with them since they are old and might not be able to walk at the parks for a whole day so where we will have to take breaks in the afternoon. They told me that they don’t want to ride in wheelchairs or ECV. I also got to learn not to walk so fast where I am used to walking fast at the parks. The one thing they are looking forward to the most is the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival. We are all looking forward to trying all the different food from each of these different countries. They will be looking forward to the food and the wine and beer. They are considering trying one of the special events during the F&WF. But they will get back to me of what they want to try. I told them that they need to make a decision around the 14th which I read is the date where they start letting guests to book for the special events.

My DB and his GF goal are to enjoy the vacation together. They will be with our group to enjoy the parks and they might go by themselves to enjoy other activities in Florida. They want to go to Islands of Adventure to see the Wizardy World of Harry Potter since V is very interested in seeing it ever since my DB went last year with me during the Holiday season. My uncle’s, aunt and I might not go to IoA since they are not big fans of HP and might want to use their time wisely at other places. I don’t know what they want to do since we are not talking about it until after our trip next week to DL. Matt, V and I will be heading to DL in a week to enjoy Cars Land.

My goal for this trip is to be the tour guide for my uncle’s and aunt during the trip. I was really surprise to hear that they want to go to Florida in such a short time. Mostly I plan at least a year of a half a year to plan a WDW PTR in advance. But with less than 3 months until our trip, I have to scramble of planning what to do and what days. Whatever my uncle’s and aunt want to do I will be with them during the trip. Maybe once or twice during the trip I might go to the parks early in the morning or do something by myself.

One of my other goals is to take a lot of pictures of any Halloween decoration at WDW. On the HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #3- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28 Sherry E one of the moderators on the DL threads had started which has a lot of information about the Halloween season at the DLR. For this trip I plan getting a lot of the Halloween decorations pictures I can. This will be tough but it won’t be as harder than the Holiday season at WDW where almost park, hotel, restaurants, etc. are decorated while I don’t know how much Halloween decorations will be up at WDW. This time, I will do my waiting game like I do at DL for any of the nighttime shows or parades and get a good spot for the videotaping. Do all the nighttime shows at WDW (Wishes fireworks, DEP, Illuminations, & F!). It will depend on how my uncle’s and aunt if they can stay in the park that long at night. We will wait and see when I report about it. I am also looking forward to the F&WF which is something that I want to do since I have went to WDW during all the major seasons (Spring Break, Summertime and Christmas season).

I’m also thinking of attending MNSSHP at the MK. The only problem I am having with MNSSHP is that most of the adults won’t want to go to the party like my group last year during MVMCP. My DB and V are leaning towards of not going to the party while I am the only one that wants to go to the party. If I did go to MNSSHP it is to see Happy HalloWishes fireworks, Disney Villains Mix & Mingle and Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade. I will go around the MK to get candy like any person would do even though I don’t eat candy. This is a very hard decision since I will be the only person in my group at MNSSHP. But after attending MVMCP and MHP at DL, I want to attend MNSSHP. The date that I am leaning towards if I attend MNSSHP is October 30th. I am also thinking is it worth $63 to see the fireworks, show and parade since I won’t be going on any rides and staking out a spot for those shows. It was easy last year since I have multiple people with me so that one of us staked out a spot while the others went to go get food or need to use the restroom.

I will also bringing my Sony HD HDR-XR520V Video camera for the nighttime shows as well as rides. Plus I will bring my Nikon D5100 Digital SLR camera with me for taking as many pictures of the Halloween decorations as well as pictures of our group during this trip. Plus I am looking forward to use the Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 lens that I bought last month for the dark rides and nighttime pictures.

Here is my plan for our trip in two months. This is not official since I need to meet up with my DB, V, my uncle’s and aunt. I will update it later on. But if they let me do all the planning here is what my schedule looks like for now.

Plan

Friday 26th: We will be in Orlando around 6pm eastern time and we will head on over to the Sheraton Vistana Resort to check-in the rooms. That night we will possibly go to grocery stores, Costco, Wal Mart, etc. to get supplies. The rooms are condo type rooms where they have a full kitchen where we could put food and drinks, living room, washer and dryer. We also need to get amenities (shampoo, soap, etc.) since the rooms don’t provide them. The rooms do provide towels where we won’t to buy them. We will decide on where to eat that night, but we are leaning towards fast food since we are shopping that day for the room. I am looking forward to eat at Steak N Shake where it is only available on the east coast and is not available on the west coast.

Saturday 27th: Saturday will be the busiest day during our trip. Right now, the best day to go on Saturday is Animal Kingdom. But I don’t want take my group to AK as the first park of the trip. DHS is not an option since there is an EMH in the morning and the other two possibilities is MK or EPCOT. Right now on touringplans.com, EPCOT is the park to avoid. But I knew that both parks would be busy. So I am leaning towards MK that day so they can enjoy the original park at WDW and see the nighttime shows Wishes and MSEP. Right now this is my best option and I will change it when we get closer to the dates. I am leaning towards AK that day in the morning and MK at night.

Sunday 28th:We are planning on going to EPCOT 2 times during the trip with the group and I might go more than 2 times since I will have the Premier AP. This day is the best day to go to the MK during MNSSHP, but my group already told me that they aren’t planning on going to the party. I thought about going to the party that day, but we will go with EPCOT since they want to be at the Food & Wine Festival. We will go on some of the easy rides and no intense rides except for my DB and his GF. We will go any try as many different kiosks during the F&W Festival. We also plan on watching Illuminations that night.

Monday 29th: Thinking of planning on going to the MK that day. EPCOT is supposed to be the best day on touringplans.com, but we don’t want to go back to back days at EPCOT since we will be going on that day. My DB hasn’t decided what day he wants to go to Islands of Adventure to see WWoHP and he might consider going that day. I will keep going on back to that day or go to other places around Orlando like shopping at DTD or the outlet malls.

Tuesday 30th: The adults want to go to Cape Canaveral to see the NASA museum. So we will not go to the parks that day. It is also a good idea of not using any of our tickets because it’s for only half a day at the parks and it will be a waste. I also thought about going to MNSSHP since it is half a day and see how this party is compared to MVMCP and MHP at DL during the Halloween season. The only problem I have with it is that none of my uncle’s or aunt will want to go to MNSSHP. My DB and V are still undecided if they want to attend MNSSHP after attending MHP at DL back in 2010. Going to MNSSHP is up in the air and will be decided about one month until we get closer to our trip since I don’t want to pay extra on the party day.

Wednesday 31st: Thinking of going to DHS that day. This might be just part of a day at DHS where we would enjoy someplace for Halloween dinner. The park to go that day is the MK during MNSSHP but we don’t plan on going to the party that day. The prices for MNSSHP are way more than the other days so I don’t plan on going that day. It would be nice to go during MNSSHP on Halloween day, but with price and the crowds to be high so it wouldn’t make any sense to go that day.

Thursday 1st: This will be our last full day at Florida and it would be a great ending by going to EPCOT for the last day of the trip and enjoy the rest of the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT. Just like Sunday, we will enjoy the F&W Festival at EPCOT and try most of the stands around World Showcase. Just be in EPCOT the whole day and come back to take a break in the afternoon. Watch Illuminations where they will like the show the first time and will enjoy watching it again during the 2nd time.

Friday 2nd: The saddest part of the trip where the vacation is over and have to go back home to Sacramento. In the past, I always leave first thing in the morning from Orlando back to Sacramento. I mostly get home at 1pm pacific time. This time we will be leaving at 3pm eastern time where we will have some free time until we head on out of Orlando. This will give us a few hours to go shopping at DTD or the outlets until it is time to head on over to Orlando International Airport and head on home to Sacramento. I might go in the park if I have some time, but it is highly unlikely.

Right now these plans are not 100% done until I talk to my DB, V, my uncle’s and aunt about what they want to do and what days they want to do them. It is very hard to go through a schedule and make a master plan for everyone which they are comfortable with. But with the experience I have at WDW which I am not a vet like I am at the DLR, I can always get ideas from you DISers who are experienced during the Halloween & F&W Festival year.

Dining at WDW Property
Right now, I don’t have any planned sit down restaurants at WDW. I was going to ask my group of where they want to eat at WDW since I still have my Tables in Wonderland card from my last trip which will expire in January 2013. The one restaurant that I want to eat at WDW is Le Cellier (of course just like I said on my last trip which we got lucky due to the CP package). I knew that it is impossible to get a reservation online or by phone so that was out of the question unless we walk up to the restaurant and they can accommodate 7 people in our group. We might do a walk up at a specific restaurant at WDW during the trip and I will report back which sit down restaurant that we will do during our trip. Last year, we did had dinner at the Grand Floridian Café and Bistro de Paris. Hopefully we will be able to have a sit down reservation at WDW when the dates get closer.

We will be eating at a lot of quick counter stands & restaurants during this trip. Mostly it will be at EPCOT during the Food & Wine Festival which we are really looking forward too. Right now, I have a few stands during the F&W Festival that I want to try. The stands that I am interested in eating are Argentina, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Hops & Barley, Ireland, Japan, South Africa, & Terra booths. Right now, we are not planning on doing any of the special events during the F&WF. I wanted to do the Kitchen Memories with Robert Irvine. But his day is on the 26th which is the date we are arriving in Orlando. I will keep on planning what we will be doing at the F&WF at EPCOT.

I will keep planning on my WDW trip while I am about to leave to the DLR in 7 days. I am so excited to go back to the DLR to do something that I didn't get to see during the preview of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I am really looking forward to the Halloween season and Food & Wine Festival at WDW.

Just 81 days until my trip back to WDW during the Halloween season.

Links for each post during the trip.

I will have them up when we get closer to the dates.

Did I get here first????

pixiedust:

Looks great in here.

Pulling up a pew. popcorn::

Bret - You probably already know this but just keep track of the tickets for the 30th. I know in the past that tickets for MNSSHP can sell out fast in the week before Halloween.

I am second in line I hope. Everything sounds great so far. Thanks for the pictures of CL. I am in for you up coming trip. Can't wait til October!

Shoot, guess I'm Copper? What comes after Bronze? :rotfl: Bret, looking forward to reading more and seeing tons (hint hint) of photos!

I'm here, Bret!:cool1:

Finally! Early this morning I saw that you'd posted the link to this Pre-TR and I was finally able to get over here to subscribe. If not for the e-mail alert with the link in it, I would probably never be able to find the thread on the WDW side of the DIS, as the Pre-TR's and TR's all move at warp speed down the pages and disappear into thin air!

You're off to a great start! I like the picture you posted of yourself - that's a great introductory picture - and the overview of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street (which I'm sure many of our WDW-going friends will appreciate, since CL and BVS are not at WDW). It sounds like you have a very busy trip ahead of you for this Halloween excursion to WDW. I hope that your family - anyone in the family - agrees to go to MNSSHP with you. That sounds like something you should not miss if you're going to be there when it's happening anyway. The Headless Horseman is calling!

I chuckled when I read the warning to Deej about the Cars Land pictures!:rotfl2: In less than 2 months she will finally be back at DLR and she will finally get to see CL & BVS for herself, so she won't have to hide from those specific parts of our TR's anymore!

I'm glad you liked the Pre-TR title and decided to use it. I also really appreciate that you gave a plug to the Halloween Superthread - that was very nice of you, and you didn't have to do it. Of course, you've contributed a lot of wonderful photos and great information in the Halloween Superthreads (and the Christmas Superthread too), so hopefully our neighbors on this side of the board will pop over to our DLR side of the board and check it out!

Thank you, too, for being one of the most regular, consistent followers of my own DLR TR thread. I appreciate that very much! There are times when I am out there basically talking to myself (or so it seems) in my TR's. Only a small handful of DIS'ers have stuck with me all the way up to now. Others seem to pop in and then disappear forever. Many lurk, and many never speak up!

Hey Bret. Not reading this yet but bookmarking for later. Cannot wait to read all about this.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Did I get here first????

pixiedust:

Looks great in here.

Pulling up a pew. popcorn::

Bret - You probably already know this but just keep track of the tickets for the 30th. I know in the past that tickets for MNSSHP can sell out fast in the week before Halloween.

You are the first one to post PiO. Thank you for coming along.

You are right PiO that the tickets for MNSSHP can sell out fast, but I am trying to find out from my DB and his GF if they are considering MNSSHP. I thought about going solo during the party, but it won't be the same without some of my party members. What would you do in my shoes?

I am second in line I hope. Everything sounds great so far. Thanks for the pictures of CL. I am in for you up coming trip. Can't wait til October!

Thank you Usnuz. Glad that you like my pictures of CL. I also can't wait til October, but first I have DL in a few days.

Looks like I'll take the bronze!

Hi Angela. Thank you for following along my trip.

Shoot, guess I'm Copper? What comes after Bronze? :rotfl: Bret, looking forward to reading more and seeing tons (hint hint) of photos!

Hi Jenny. Thank you for coming along.

Can you tell I'm stuck home watching too much of the Olympics?:lmao:

We are all still watching the Olympics.

I'm here, Bret!:cool1:

Finally! Early this morning I saw that you'd posted the link to this Pre-TR and I was finally able to get over here to subscribe. If not for the e-mail alert with the link in it, I would probably never be able to find the thread on the WDW side of the DIS, as the Pre-TR's and TR's all move at warp speed down the pages and disappear into thin air!

You're off to a great start! I like the picture you posted of yourself - that's a great introductory picture - and the overview of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street (which I'm sure many of our WDW-going friends will appreciate, since CL and BVS are not at WDW). It sounds like you have a very busy trip ahead of you for this Halloween excursion to WDW. I hope that your family - anyone in the family - agrees to go to MNSSHP with you. That sounds like something you should not miss if you're going to be there when it's happening anyway. The Headless Horseman is calling!

I chuckled when I read the warning to Deej about the Cars Land pictures!:rotfl2: In less than 2 months she will finally be back at DLR and she will finally get to see CL & BVS for herself, so she won't have to hide from those specific parts of our TR's anymore!

I'm glad you liked the Pre-TR title and decided to use it. I also really appreciate that you gave a plug to the Halloween Superthread - that was very nice of you, and you didn't have to do it. Of course, you've contributed a lot of wonderful photos and great information in the Halloween Superthreads (and the Christmas Superthread too), so hopefully our neighbors on this side of the board will pop over to our DLR side of the board and check it out!

Thank you, too, for being one of the most regular, consistent followers of my own DLR TR thread. I appreciate that very much! There are times when I am out there basically talking to myself (or so it seems) in my TR's. Only a small handful of DIS'ers have stuck with me all the way up to now. Others seem to pop in and then disappear forever. Many lurk, and many never speak up!

Thank you for coming along Sherry.

Glad to hear that putting the link from my DL TR thread was a good idea for DISers that have read my DL TR's. During the TR's, PTR, and completed TR's go by really quickly and you can barely find it. Not like the DL TR threads where you can see a report from over one month old on the first page.

I'm happy to hear that you like introduction at the start of my TR and also my picture during the Cars Land preview. I thought it would be nice to tell the DISers from the WDW side to hear my experience at Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. This is going to be a very nice trip, not as great as the Holiday season at WDW. It going to be great to show my uncle's and aunt around the WDW since they haven't been to Florida in over 20+ years and want to see what is different at the MK and EPCOT. I will be the tour guide during the trip and they really appreciate it a lot. I will be waiting to hear from my DB, his GF, uncle's and aunt if they want to attend MNSSHP. It is leaning towards no for all of them, but I am still wondering if I want to go to MNSSHP by myself. I have not done a party yet solo and wondering if it will be a good idea or a bad idea. I have seen the party guests at the MK during MVMCP that would wait for hours when they are allowed in the park to see the parade and fireworks. So I am wondering if it is worth going to the party solo without any my group members.

If Deej saw my link to my WDW PTR thread, I am warning Deej to not look at the pictures since she wants to see them in person until seeing our pics during the previews. It will be very nice for Deej to see CL & BVS in person and now she can check out our pics during the previews.

Thank you once again Sherry for the title. It matches the Halloween season as well as the F&W Festival which we are going to see. Your welcome and I wanted to show the WDW DISers of how great it is during the Halloween season at the DLR. It is my pleasure to help out on the two Superthreads on the DL threads. Hopefully the WDW DISers will check out the Superthreads and see how great it is at the DLR.

I always appreciate your TR's ever since I joined the boards.

Hey Bret. Not reading this yet but bookmarking for later. Cannot wait to read all about this.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Kim. I'm glad that you found the PTR.

You are right PiO that the tickets for MNSSHP can sell out fast, but I am trying to find out from my DB and his GF if they are considering MNSSHP. I thought about going solo during the party, but it won't be the same without some of my party members. What would you do in my shoes?

Bret - This does come down to the type of person you are and the type of experience you want at the World. Travelling with family and doing something solo is something that only you can answer.

However.....I did go to WDW in Oct 2010 with DH. He was there on a work trip and I was going to have 3 days at the parks pretty much by myself. There were 2 parties on during the 3 days that I was there and I chose to go to both. One by myself and the other with DH (for the one free night he had). It is a little different for me - I have a much more expensive airfare to pay to get to WDW and it seemed a shame to travel all that way and not make the most of the opportunities, despite the extra cost.

I will say that the experience turned out to be "not-solo" in the end. DisneyFirefly decided to meet me at WDW and she was travelling solo. We hung out together for the 3 days that I was there and we ended up going to both parties together. And we ended up finding about 2 or 3 other groups of Dis-sers going to the same parties when they posted on our PTRs; so it didn't quite turn out to be a 'duo' attendance for us as we met up with some of them on one of the nights.

And now that I think of it, there will be a thread somewhere in the WDW planning side of who's going to which MNSSHP party. Someone always starts one....you could always see if you can find it and see if there are any other Dis-sers going on that night.

HI Bret (and all my fellow trip followers :goodvibes)

#1 - DO go to MNSSHP solo! I went a few years ago when I was in Orlando for a conference. It was great. The parade alone was worth the $60 to me. Did you know the headless horseman comes before the parade?? It's a priceless Disney moment.

The great thing about doing the MNSSHP without kids is that the rides are almost empty. I had absolutely no interest in gathering pounds of candy so I was able to enjoy the added decorations for the party and ride a few rides.

I got my favorite parade viewing spot (by the Liberty Tree Tavern) early and enjoyed people watching.

When 3 of my conference mates learned I was skipping the coctail party and going to the Magic Kingdom they got tickets and came along too. We did break up and go our seperate ways until the parade.

#2 - how sweet that you are able to be a tour guide for your aunt and uncles. You will have to adjust your walking speed for sure. I think your attitude going in is perfect.

#3 - you may want to make a few TS reservations just in case. You can make them in advance and cancel without a problem if need be. With your relatives being a tad older it may be nice to take a sit down and relax break while you are at the parks. We just loved the new restaurant in Italy on our last WDW trip. Counter service is yummy and abundant in EPCOT but the break and someone bringing food and drink to you may be a nice respite.

Loved the recap of BVS and CL. So happy someone is going to DL and WDW so I can get my fix!
TK

Bret -

I agree with both PrincessInOz and TK about MNSSHP.

I agree with PiO's point that going to MNSSHP solo (or not going solo) depends on the type of person you are and what kind of experience you want out of your trip. If you are not the sort of person who enjoys being alone at WDW or at a party like that, then obviously you'd want to wait for your family to make up their minds.

But I also agree with TK that I think you should give it a whirl and go solo to the party if it comes to that. I think it will be well worth it. You're already going to be at WDW during their Halloween celebration, and MNSSHP is a big part of that celebration - with different highlights that our MHP at DLR does not have. It would be a shame to miss out on it if your family doesn't want to go.

Plus - even though you have somehow managed to master the art of taking numerous photos when you have people with you at the parks (I can't do that - I have to be alone to get that many photos) - think of all of the extra photos you'll be able to get if you are by yourself.

I know that it's kind of a bummer to go to one of these Halloween parties by yourself - that may happen to me with the MHP this year and I will feel ridiculous, walking around collecting candy by myself - but it can pay off in the end just in terms of the overall number of photos taken!

Sherry you are so right! Many photo ops. I didn't feel uncomforatable at all at MNSSHP solo. It would be equally fun with company I'm sure. The lines for candy were a tad long but seemed to move quickly.

If I get a chance tonight I'll post some pics from the party. There were decorations that just came out for the festivities.

Bret - This does come down to the type of person you are and the type of experience you want at the World. Travelling with family and doing something solo is something that only you can answer.

However.....I did go to WDW in Oct 2010 with DH. He was there on a work trip and I was going to have 3 days at the parks pretty much by myself. There were 2 parties on during the 3 days that I was there and I chose to go to both. One by myself and the other with DH (for the one free night he had). It is a little different for me - I have a much more expensive airfare to pay to get to WDW and it seemed a shame to travel all that way and not make the most of the opportunities, despite the extra cost.

I will say that the experience turned out to be "not-solo" in the end. DisneyFirefly decided to meet me at WDW and she was travelling solo. We hung out together for the 3 days that I was there and we ended up going to both parties together. And we ended up finding about 2 or 3 other groups of Dis-sers going to the same parties when they posted on our PTRs; so it didn't quite turn out to be a 'duo' attendance for us as we met up with some of them on one of the nights.

And now that I think of it, there will be a thread somewhere in the WDW planning side of who's going to which MNSSHP party. Someone always starts one....you could always see if you can find it and see if there are any other Dis-sers going on that night.

I have done a lot of solo times at WDW and the DLR. I have no problem going solo to the park, the only problem I have is the wait time for the first parade and fireworks on MS. I have seen people stake out spots when the party (MVMCP the last two years I attended) starts at 7pm and I was surprised to see that those people would wait that long for the fireworks and parade. But those shows do start in about an hour and two at 7pm. So I shouldn't be surprise to see people stake out spots at the beginning of the party. It's just going to be difficult of not leaving my spot for the bathroom, food, etc. when I had other people with me in the past parties (MVMCP & MHP). I definitely want to go solo or not.

That was really nice of DisneyFirefly to be with you during the 3 days when you were solo at WDW.

I will look for the thread that has the meet up for MNSSHP on the 30th if I decide to do a meet-up.

Thank you PiO.

HI Bret (and all my fellow trip followers :goodvibes)

#1 - DO go to MNSSHP solo! I went a few years ago when I was in Orlando for a conference. It was great. The parade alone was worth the $60 to me. Did you know the headless horseman comes before the parade?? It's a priceless Disney moment.

The great thing about doing the MNSSHP without kids is that the rides are almost empty. I had absolutely no interest in gathering pounds of candy so I was able to enjoy the added decorations for the party and ride a few rides.

I got my favorite parade viewing spot (by the Liberty Tree Tavern) early and enjoyed people watching.

When 3 of my conference mates learned I was skipping the coctail party and going to the Magic Kingdom they got tickets and came along too. We did break up and go our seperate ways until the parade.

#2 - how sweet that you are able to be a tour guide for your aunt and uncles. You will have to adjust your walking speed for sure. I think your attitude going in is perfect.

#3 - you may want to make a few TS reservations just in case. You can make them in advance and cancel without a problem if need be. With your relatives being a tad older it may be nice to take a sit down and relax break while you are at the parks. We just loved the new restaurant in Italy on our last WDW trip. Counter service is yummy and abundant in EPCOT but the break and someone bringing food and drink to you may be a nice respite.

Loved the recap of BVS and CL. So happy someone is going to DL and WDW so I can get my fix!
TK

Hi TK.

Yes, the headless horseman is part of the parade which I really want to see where you don't see one at MHP at DL.

That's why I want to enjoy MNSSHP to compare this party to MVMCP and MHP at DL. I want to know which of these three parties are better. I also want to see the Halloween decorations during MNSSHP and the merchandise to buy. This time when the party starts, I will have to go to the stores to get it early since they do run out later during the party. But most importantly as you already know about me that it is about the nighttime shows. I am looking forward to Happy HalloWishes fireworks, Disney Villains Mix & Mingle show in front of Cinderella Castle and Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade. It is only depending on how long I will have to wait for those shows.

I am really thinking of trying your favorite spot for the parade at the Liberty Tree Tavern. You got to show me where you stake out a spot for the parade and later I will head on over to MS for the fireworks.

My aunt and uncle's were really happy that I am going to be the tour guide for them on the trip since they haven't been to WDW in years. They are really looking forward to it. Just like my WDW trip last year where I had my family and my dad's friend family, I walked at the same pace as them so this one will be slower.

I really wanted to make a reservation at Le Cellier, but I already know that it is all booked up and with 7 people is just going to make it harder as I have learned from last year during the CP package at Le Cellier. I was considering Bistro de Paris to my group, but I heard that it is closed during my upcoming trip so that is out of the question. I am still looking at different restaurants at WDW since I still have my Tables in Wonderland card from last years trip which will expire in January 2013.

Thank you very much TK.

Bret -

I agree with both PrincessInOz and TK about MNSSHP.

I agree with PiO's point that going to MNSSHP solo (or not going solo) depends on the type of person you are and what kind of experience you want out of your trip. If you are not the sort of person who enjoys being alone at WDW or at a party like that, then obviously you'd want to wait for your family to make up their minds.

But I also agree with TK that I think you should give it a whirl and go solo to the party if it comes to that. I think it will be well worth it. You're already going to be at WDW during their Halloween celebration, and MNSSHP is a big part of that celebration - with different highlights that our MHP at DLR does not have. It would be a shame to miss out on it if your family doesn't want to go.

Plus - even though you have somehow managed to master the art of taking numerous photos when you have people with you at the parks (I can't do that - I have to be alone to get that many photos) - think of all of the extra photos you'll be able to get if you are by yourself.

I know that it's kind of a bummer to go to one of these Halloween parties by yourself - that may happen to me with the MHP this year and I will feel ridiculous, walking around collecting candy by myself - but it can pay off in the end just in terms of the overall number of photos taken!

Hi Sherry,

You know me that I like to go to the parks solo since I can do whatever I want. Just as I wrote from PiO and TK response is that I am concern about the stake out spot for the nighttime shows and have seen people wait as long as when the party starts at 7pm. But I shouldn't be surprise with MHP in 2010 where my DA and I waited to get a spot in front of SB Castle for Halloween Screams fireworks. PiO, TK and you are right that I should go to the party with or without my group since I enjoy being at the park.

This might be a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to WDW during the Halloween season unless if I go back next year during the DISer meet with PiO, and other DISers which will depend on what my schedule is. It will be worth going to MNSSHP solo and enjoy the party.

I haven't mastered the art of picture taking while walking and than have to catch up to my group since I wandered away from something that is very interesting to take a picture of. I have been improving on picture taking while walking where I would like to get some great details instead of pictures that I am walking of where I was. I will be looking forward to the picture taking at WDW with the Halloween decorations and the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT.

That's the only problem I have by going to a party solo which can be a bummer, but just as you said that it can be worth it watching the nighttime shows and taking photos of the Halloween decorations that are not out during the regular park hours.

Sherry you are so right! Many photo ops. I didn't feel uncomforatable at all at MNSSHP solo. It would be equally fun with company I'm sure. The lines for candy were a tad long but seemed to move quickly.

If I get a chance tonight I'll post some pics from the party. There were decorations that just came out for the festivities.

Thank you for your opinion of MNSSHP solo TK.

I will be looking forward to your pics from MNSSHP.

I am leaning towards of getting a ticket for MNSSHP on the 30th, but I am going to wait at least a week or two to find out if my groups wants to attend the party with me.

Thank you everyone for your tips and opinion.

Hi,
Here is my not-so-secret now parade viewing spot! Also I thought the fireworks were so much fun I actually purchased the CD and have listened to the music many times!

BTYparadeviewing.jpg

Hope this helps.
TK

Hi,
Here is my not-so-secret now parade viewing spot! Also I thought the fireworks were so much fun I actually purchased the CD and have listened to the music many times!

BTYparadeviewing.jpg

Hope this helps.
TK

Thank you TK for the picture. Looks like I will go to that spot for the first parade of MNSSHP.

I have decided to buy a ticket for MNSSHP on the October 30th during my trip. I thought about the comments from all of the DISers that posted this morning and I might not be able to go back to WDW during the Halloween season. I am really looking forward to go to MNSSHP and compare this party and MVMCP & MHP at DL. I also will wait the next couple of days if my DB and his GF decided if they want to go to MNSSHP during our trip.

Thank you everyone for making my decision easier.

Congratulations Bret! I don't thnk you'd regret going. In regards to staking a spot - I'm pretty sure that we avoided the first parade for both nights and only caught the second parade (much less people). It'll be the fight for the fireworks spot that might be the challenge. But it is still doable.

And I hope that you enjoy it so much that you'll wanna come and DisMeet with the Gamers in 2013. :goodvibes

Congratulations Bret! I don't thnk you'd regret going. In regards to staking a spot - I'm pretty sure that we avoided the first parade for both nights and only caught the second parade (much less people). It'll be the fight for the fireworks spot that might be the challenge. But it is still doable.

And I hope that you enjoy it so much that you'll wanna come and DisMeet with the Gamers in 2013. :goodvibes

Thank you PiO. Right now I will order the tickets on the WDW website until I find out if my DB and his GF decide if they want to go to MNSSHP on the 30th or I will go by myself. It might be a few days until I get an answer, maybe after our DL trip in a few days which I am excited.

I'm going to try TK spot for the first parade as the staking spot. I know that MS will be really crowded when the party starts at 7pm and I want to use that time to go shopping at the Disney stores for the exclusive party merchandise. I was not happy from last year MVMCP where I waited later during the party to get my merchandise. I wanted to get a MVMCP shirt, but they didn't have the size that I wanted. After the parade is over around by the Hall of Presidents, I will follow the parade and head on over to MS to get my spot for the fireworks. Hopefully it won't be that busy, but I am prepared to be in the crowds for the fireworks.

I will be looking forward to the party and hope that I can work out my schedule for next year and come next year for the DisMeet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter