Bonus Holiday Trip 2015! Wrapped up 8/6 and Real life update

I love your Epcot PhotoPass pictures!!

I'm cracking up at the Donald story. I've seen that before with kids ... they run for the character, but once it's actually their turn ... no thank you. It's kinda funny.

I'm glad your DH got some Lieutenant Dan viewing time, even if you didn't see the whole thing. (Although I have to admit ... I hate Forrest Gump. Whew, it felt good to say that).

I'm glad you guys had a great day overall!

Love the PP pictures, especially the ones with the "claws out"

very cute meet with Donald

Sorry things weren't better with the candle light procession, but like you said, good thing you didn't get the package

Thank you! I think the Candle Light Processional is gorgeous and probably would be great to see if we were traveling alone, or didn't have to wait SO LONG!

Love it!! Lieutenant Dan lol so funny. I know what you mean about not wanting to let the baby cry in hotels...we had that happen a lot when ours were little. I hope everyone ended up sleeping well after that!

I did think it was really funny :rotfl2: We did end up getting a decent amount of sleep so it ended up being ok. I can't say the same for the last trip we just took.

Love the Donald pictures! We never got to see the Donald in Mexico this trip, the kids chose the ride over meeting Donald (we had time for one or the other at one point).

Early nights are nice and yes, baby in bed and quiet can be much better especially in a hotel, then baby screaming in a pack and play.

Thank you! I think missing Donald in mexico isnt the worst, i mean it was a fine meet, but it wasnt the best either, but this probably had more to do it DD being so undeciced on actually meeting him!

Early nights and sleep baby's are WAY better then crying baby's any day of the week!

This is on my list to try! It looks so good!

I HIGHLY recommend this!

Glad you enjoyed lunch at The Plaza! We have an ADR here in May and I'm pretty excited to try it out!

I think you are going to really enjoy it! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Sorry about DD and the pack and play. I went through the same thing with my oldest son. At least she got some rest once in the bed with you!

I am happy to hear you only had this problem with your oldest, it gives me hope this doesn't always happen.

Love me some Lieutenant Dan too!

giphy.gif

LOVE! :lovestruc

Looks like a great night in Epcot. Complete with my favorites, drinks and snacks ; ) Love the Donald Duck story. I'm sure she will laugh at this sometime when she is older.

It was a great night! I also think any night that has drinks and snacks is good with me! I hope she loves the story a much as I do!

I can't believe how packed the candlelight show was. We've never been during Christmas so I had no idea. Sounds like chaos. Lieutenant Dan or not I don't think even I could have waited that long.

SO PACKED, i was shocked, I wish i took pictures of it!

Poor baby not being able to sleep. I'm totally with you on the crying thing. A few years back a kid cried in the room next to us for at least 2 hours straight. Turns out the next morning I ran into the mother and the kid had gotten outside and was locked out of the room. How they slept through that I have no idea

OMG NO WAY Locked out! How does that happen! Poor kid, i hope it was at a hotel not a motel style hotel...

I love your Epcot PhotoPass pictures!!

Thanks you!

I'm cracking up at the Donald story. I've seen that before with kids ... they run for the character, but once it's actually their turn ... no thank you. It's kinda funny.

I think its pretty common, but its still really funny.

I'm glad your DH got some Lieutenant Dan viewing time, even if you didn't see the whole thing. (Although I have to admit ... I hate Forrest Gump. Whew, it felt good to say that).

HATE FORREST GUMP?!?!? I am not so sure i have heard people say that before. But i understand it... maybe?:rolleyes:

I'm glad you guys had a great day overall!
Great day! Very happy with this trip!

I'm here trying to play catch-up today! :D

Jebus, that looks YUMMY! That is a GREAT photo! This might actually make me violate my strict "No healthy food, including fruit, while on vacation" policy!

Toooo cuuuute!

This is a gorgeous photo of s gorgeous baby!

so a little pic overload to start the updated, but enjoy them because the rest of the update lacks pictures)
But what wonderful photos they are!

UMM He is really big can I leave now?
dd3-jpg.153137

MADE ESCAPE!
She's all "Peace out!" :rotfl:

We picked up some margaritas in Mexico and continued our stroll.
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

DH comes running out Lieutenant Dan Lieutenant Dan
BAHAHAHA!!! :lmao:

Sorry i have been missing from the DIS for a while. Work has been crazy busy, and when i get home i just want to veg out and relax, I have an update ready to go, i just need to add the pictures so hopefully this weekend or next week!

Doing some catch up on other reports, but know i am thinking of you all and your trips... Also waiting till packages open up for 2017 so i can book our 2017 fall trip!

Last edited:
Also waiting till packages open up for 2017 so i can book out 2017 fall trip!
Sames! Just last night my aunt was on the phone asking if they can start making payments on their room yet. They're ready for me to get us all booked for Feb. 2017!

If memory serves, I was able to book my October 2016 trip in late June 2015. So we probably have another couple of months yet to wait!

If memory serves, I was able to book my October 2016 trip in late June 2015. So we probably have another couple of months yet to wait!

Packages for 2016 were released on June 22, 2015.
Yes, I remembered the exact date without having to look it up.
No, I don't think it's fair that you have to wait until June to book. They should open 2017 booking now!!

Day 3 part 1 - Hollywood studios

Morning was pretty uneventful, always a plus. We had an 845 at Hollywood and Vine, I had pretty mixed emotions going into this.

We got to the bus stop right around 8, I wish I had taken a picture of the Magic Kingdom line, it was crazy long... Through the whole queue and then along the side of the building.

DH: what is that! How did we get so lucky yesterday??
Me: I love to plan and I purposely chose yesterday for MK, and it opens at 8 today they won't even make opening!

This exchange made me feel really good, like my planning was worth it.:thumbsup2 This came up again later in the day and DH said he thought I loved the planning as much if not more then then trip.... Probably a fair statement!

Anyway back to the bus, we got on the bus a few minutes after 8, most busses pulling up were for MK. We meet another really nice family on the bus and chatted most of the way.

We got to HS and I went through bag check and DH and DD went to the no bag line. After I got through I didn't see them, I must have looked lost because someone ask if I needed help. I said yes two things where do I sign in for breakfast and do you know where my husband is! I'm just hilarious...:rotfl2:We then spotted them so we headed to check in!

We had a few minutes to kill so we stopped for some photo pass pictures. I was a little disappointed he was taking tons of pictures of the family before us but only snapped a few quickly of us... Oh well
HS1.jpg

We checked into Hollywood and Vine and got our buzzer, DD was running around a bit with DH when the buzzer went off, I told the woman I just need to grab my husband and daughter, A Photo pass photographer took some pics of DD when they were running around
HS2.jpgHS3.jpg

She gave me attitude that they weren't with me, yes I agree they should have stayed with me, but no reason to get nasty. :confused3 She said to come in and grab her when they arrived.

They came up as the conversation was ending. She took us to our table and I noticed her tag said she was from Long Island. I said oh I'm from Long Island too, town A, she said no way I'm from town B, the towns are right next door to each other, we chatted for a few minutes, she was much nicer now, and now I understood the attitude :P

The breakfast was fine, I didn't love it but I certainly didn't hate it. Food was fine standard breakfast, DH liked the breakfast burrito section, I like any place that serves Mickey waffles. I did think it's was rather pricey but I think that's all character meals.

HS5.jpg HS6.jpg HS7.jpg

We liked the characters at breakfast but didn't seem to LOVE them... I was happy we did the breakfast, but looking back, i think we would have been fine meeting Sofia and Doc by the Disney Junior show.

After breakfast we had no real plans we had FP for the frozen singalong but it wasn't till the 11am show (I think). It wasn't even 930, so we decided to walk around a bit.

As we were exiting we saw a Photo Pass Photographer and she was great took a bunch of great pictures.
HS10.jpg HS12.jpg
HS13.jpg
HS16.jpg

Continued in next post!

Continued from previous post.

We then spotted daisy so we got in line and stopped for a picture! Daisy was a total hit with DD!

HS17.jpg HS18.jpg hs19.jpg hs20.jpg

After Daisy we ended up going to the Disney junior show at 940. The sitting on the floor was rather annoying but DD loved it. I'm happy I didn't use a FP for it, but really happy we did it.

After the show we decided to get our picture with Minnie! Another good meet:yay: and great photo pass photographer!

HS22.jpg HS23.jpg HS24.jpg
Minnie pointing out Olaf! I think this is a good time to mention, this dress doesn't really fit any more, its a little short, but DD loves it, and we wore it with leggings this week, pretty good for a dress i got the week before the trip for like :hyper:$5!

I like that they have 4 Disney junior characters right here, while I love the meals I really like the meets in the park because of the photo pass pictures. It makes for good (better) pictures. I think we would skip the breakfast and do this next time!

After this we decided to walk around a bit. DD got in the stroller and ended up falling asleep around 1040ish, we decided to let her sleep and skip the frozen show. Sad I missed it but I'll be ok.

Another Starbucks was up next and then I wanted to try a butterfinger cupcake at starring rolls.
HS25.jpg

It was good but A LOT and I didn't finish it. Maybe next time :).

We had sometime to kill before our 1145 TSMM FP. So I wanted to do some shopping I tried to find some Osborn light ornaments. But no such luck. DD was still sleeping when it was time for the FP so we decided I would go first then DH.

By the time DH was done DD was waking up and we were ready to head to Epcot!

Last edited:
I'm with you on H&V. The food is just ok and the characters are fine. We did like our Minnie's Holiday dinner! But we're doing the Fantasmic package with lunch this time. I'm not so excited about the food - I'm all in it for the reserved seating!

Great character meets in the morning! Love all the pictures of DD. It is really nice to meet the characters out in the park for the photographers.

Excited to read about your afternoon!

I am with you on Hollywood and Vine - ok enough but not worth it if you can meet the characters in the park anyway. Plus it annoys me that it is a bit more expensive than Crystal Palace or Tusker house breakfast - or at least has been for us in the past. Only like $1/person or so, but still

Really nice family photos after breakfast though and then some fun looking meets!

Bummer you missed the Frozen show but I definitely understand not wanting to wake your daughter or anything

"Do you know where my husband is" ... hysterical. Sometimes you really just need to put husbands on leashes so that they don't wander off.

I love this picture! She's going to give Doc McStuffins a high five! So cute!

I love all of your PhotoPass pictures. Especially the character pictures - you got a lot of adorable pictures of DD!

Packages for 2016 were released on June 22, 2015.
Yes, I remembered the exact date without having to look it up.
No, I don't think it's fair that you have to wait until June to book. They should open 2017 booking now!!
Thank you, Sarah! I knew it was late June, and I could have looked up the exact date, but I'm super lazy. Thanks for saving me the trouble! And now I know when the approximately plan on booking our 2017 trip!

This exchange made me feel really good, like my planning was worth it.:thumbsup2 This came up again later in the day and DH said he thought I loved the planning as much if not more then then trip.... Probably a fair statement!
It's so true!!!

I said yes two things where do I sign in for breakfast and do you know where my husband is! I'm just hilarious...:rotfl2:
Even more hilarious would have been if they DID find your husband for you! :rotfl:

We had a few minutes to kill so we stopped for some photo pass pictures. I was a little disappointed he was taking tons of pictures of the family before us but only snapped a few quickly of us... Oh well
Photopass photographers are so weird like that. It happens to me a lot, and I just assume it's because I'm solo. Didn't know it even happens to families! :confused3

I like any place that serves Mickey waffles.
You and me both, girl. :cloud9:

Lovin' the high-five!

She's so dang photogenic!

I just love Daisy in her little yellow ensemble!

Another Starbucks was up next and then I wanted to try a butterfinger cupcake at starring rolls.
hs25-jpg.162551
YUMMMMMM!!!

Looks like a great morning. Your photos are all wonderful and as I'm sure you know your daughter is just too stinking adorable. Miss the young years.

We did Hollywood and Vine once too and agree it is overpriced and nothing special. We did it before Doc and Sofia could be met in the park, so now that we can don't think we'll be back unless they improve the food offerings considerably

Wow! I could have sworn I checked in here more recently then April! So a quick update on DL and then some replies and then I'm going to wrap up this trip report before July 4th :rotfl2:

Things have been good here mostly keeping up with everyone's TR's so that's a plus!

We are currently scheduled for Cali end of August, (no PTR for me, but I will do a TR). Anyway i was doing some research and we will be there for the half marathon (only over lapping on the 5k day as we have a wedding Saturday). So I started thinking I need some motivation to get off my butt, what better motivation then a rundisney race (I owe this idea to @SarahDisney and @Elevationist any tips ladies???). So I signed up! It was sold out so I'll be running for a charity, my mom passed away of lung cancer as did two of my good friends moms in the last few years so this charity fits well for me.

On to replies in the next post!

Last edited:
Adorable pics! You just never know which characters are going to be a hit, but glad that Daisy and Minnie got some love!

Thank you! Kids are so hard to read, and those characters are quite scary for someone a 10th of here size!

I'm with you on H&V. The food is just ok and the characters are fine. We did like our Minnie's Holiday dinner! But we're doing the Fantasmic package with lunch this time. I'm not so excited about the food - I'm all in it for the reserved seating!

Great character meets in the morning! Love all the pictures of DD. It is really nice to meet the characters out in the park for the photographers.

Excited to read about your afternoon!

I'm excited to hear how H&V was this tip for you! I like the meals for the meets but starting to think I miss the pics from the regular meets but the lines!

I am with you on Hollywood and Vine - ok enough but not worth it if you can meet the characters in the park anyway. Plus it annoys me that it is a bit more expensive than Crystal Palace or Tusker house breakfast - or at least has been for us in the past. Only like $1/person or so, but still

Really nice family photos after breakfast though and then some fun looking meets!

Bummer you missed the Frozen show but I definitely understand not wanting to wake your daughter or anything

Thank you! I agree the price isn't good, and food it so so.... But I'm also not a huge buffet person, but really want to try tusker house!

Sad about frozen, but going to try for it in DL this summer... I think it's a different show but still excited for it.

"Do you know where my husband is" ... hysterical. Sometimes you really just need to put husbands on leashes so that they don't wander off.

I love this picture! She's going to give Doc McStuffins a high five! So cute!

I love all of your PhotoPass pictures. Especially the character pictures - you got a lot of adorable pictures of DD!

Thank you! She was surprisingly good with the characters so I'm hoping we can keep this trend up!

Photopass photographers are so weird like that. It happens to me a lot, and I just assume it's because I'm solo. Didn't know it even happens to families! :confused3

Ugh it really made me mad! I think sometimes the different photographers may like to photograph different types of vacationers....young kids, solo, older kids etc.... But it sure is annoying for the price you pay for MM!

She's so dang photogenic

Thank you!

Looks like a great morning. Your photos are all wonderful and as I'm sure you know your daughter is just too stinking adorable. Miss the young years.

We did Hollywood and Vine once too and agree it is overpriced and nothing special. We did it before Doc and Sofia could be met in the park, so now that we can don't think we'll be back unless they improve the food offerings considerably

Thank you! It would be nice if they could do something unique as I would love to see some cool food options, especially at buffets. But i love food, and maybe they worry many people would be turned off??

Last edited:
We are currently scheduled for Cali end of August, (no PTR for me, but I will do a TR). Anyway i was doing some research and we will be there for the half marathon (only over lapping on the 5k day as we have a wedding Saturday). So I started thinking I need some motivation to get off my butt, what better motivation then a rundisney race (I owe this idea to @SarahDisney and @Elevationist any tips ladies???). So I signed up! It was sold out so I'll be running for a charity, my mom passed away of lung cancer as did two of my good friends moms in the last few years so this charity fits well for me.

My first tip is a tip for myself ... I gotta start asking runDisney to pay me a commission. I bring them so many new people!

Okay. Tips.

Running in General:
1 - Your journey is yours and yours alone. Other people will tell you what to do based on their experience - process their comments and see how they apply to you. What works for others may not work as well for you, but be willing to try new things and see how they work.
2 - Get a good pair of shoes. Most runners will tell you to go to a running store and get fitted - they'll look at your foot and your running style and help you find a shoe that works well for you. Be aware that these shoes may run in the $100-$150 range. If you're not comfortable paying that much for shoes, there are two options: 1 - get fitted for shoes but don't buy them at the store, and see if you can get them cheaper online, or 2 - buy running shoes at your local shoe store, but do some research online about the shoes you're planning to buy to see what other people say (these will likely be entry-level shoes that won't be as comfortable and certainly won't be good if you choose to work towards longer distances).
3 - Many people use some version of a Couch to 5K app to train for their first 5K. I didn't do that (I used a different plan at first and then kinda made up my own plan), so I can't give you any personal reports on that, but a lot of people love it.
4 - Don't be afraid of setbacks. Everyone has them. Just process it and keep moving forward (unless you are injured, in which case ... go to a doctor).
5 - There will always be people who are faster than you. There will always be people who are slower than you. You are only competing against yourself.

I've never done a race at Disneyland (although I'm still hoping that I can somehow make it out either in September or for the Avengers race in November), but here are my general runDisney tips:
1 - The runDisney experience can be very overwhelming for a first timer. Read as many trip reports and blogs about the races as you possibly can. Find videos on YouTube.
2 - Remember that there will be a lot of people at this race. Pack your patience.
3 - While there is technically a pacing requirement for all the races, runDisney is known for not enforcing the pacing requirement for the 5K. There are clocks, but no official timing. It's never a bad idea to stay below the required pace, but don't be afraid to slow down or stop for pictures/characters if you think that will make the race more enjoyable for you.
4 - People show up 2-3 hours before the race expo (which is at the Disneyland Hotel). There will be some merchandise that sells out, but unless you definitely want a particular merchandise item that is likely to sell out right away (which will mostly be the half and challenge stuff), you don't have to go first thing in the morning. As long as you get there before it closes on Thursday, you'll be fine.
5 - Wear your medal in the parks after the race. Characters and Photopass photographers will love it.

Okay, I'm going to stop my incessant babbling now. I saw that you introduced yourself on the Disneyland Half Marathon thread, so hopefully people there will give you some good advice. And feel free to ask me if you have any questions!

HOORAY! How exciting! But I'm no help regards to tips, as I'm still learning it all myself! @SarahDisney is my runDisney guru!

I'm a little worried as my motto in life is I don't work out.... But i need something to motivate me!

My first tip is a tip for myself ... I gotta start asking runDisney to pay me a commission. I bring them so many new people!

Okay. Tips.

Running in General:
1 - Your journey is yours and yours alone. Other people will tell you what to do based on their experience - process their comments and see how they apply to you. What works for others may not work as well for you, but be willing to try new things and see how they work.
2 - Get a good pair of shoes. Most runners will tell you to go to a running store and get fitted - they'll look at your foot and your running style and help you find a shoe that works well for you. Be aware that these shoes may run in the $100-$150 range. If you're not comfortable paying that much for shoes, there are two options: 1 - get fitted for shoes but don't buy them at the store, and see if you can get them cheaper online, or 2 - buy running shoes at your local shoe store, but do some research online about the shoes you're planning to buy to see what other people say (these will likely be entry-level shoes that won't be as comfortable and certainly won't be good if you choose to work towards longer distances).
3 - Many people use some version of a Couch to 5K app to train for their first 5K. I didn't do that (I used a different plan at first and then kinda made up my own plan), so I can't give you any personal reports on that, but a lot of people love it.
4 - Don't be afraid of setbacks. Everyone has them. Just process it and keep moving forward (unless you are injured, in which case ... go to a doctor).
5 - There will always be people who are faster than you. There will always be people who are slower than you. You are only competing against yourself.

I've never done a race at Disneyland (although I'm still hoping that I can somehow make it out either in September or for the Avengers race in November), but here are my general runDisney tips:
1 - The runDisney experience can be very overwhelming for a first timer. Read as many trip reports and blogs about the races as you possibly can. Find videos on YouTube.
2 - Remember that there will be a lot of people at this race. Pack your patience.
3 - While there is technically a pacing requirement for all the races, runDisney is known for not enforcing the pacing requirement for the 5K. There are clocks, but no official timing. It's never a bad idea to stay below the required pace, but don't be afraid to slow down or stop for pictures/characters if you think that will make the race more enjoyable for you.
4 - People show up 2-3 hours before the race expo (which is at the Disneyland Hotel). There will be some merchandise that sells out, but unless you definitely want a particular merchandise item that is likely to sell out right away (which will mostly be the half and challenge stuff), you don't have to go first thing in the morning. As long as you get there before it closes on Thursday, you'll be fine.
5 - Wear your medal in the parks after the race. Characters and Photopass photographers will love it.

Okay, I'm going to stop my incessant babbling now. I saw that you introduced yourself on the Disneyland Half Marathon thread, so hopefully people there will give you some good advice. And feel free to ask me if you have any questions!

Thank you so much!

I was already planning on going to the running store today. So that's on my agenda (I love to shop so this part can't be that bad right??) I'll let you know what I get!

Someone did suggest that couch to 5k, I was already planning on doing another plan I found but think I'm going to try this one. If I don't line it after 2 weeks or so I'll switch it up!

If you do end up making it out for the half marathon let me know! Would be nice to know someone else running! DH wanted to run too but we don't have anyone to watch DD... So i took the spot this time.

I was really nervous when I registered and I had to say what my pace was going to be! My goal is to fishing in about 45 minutes with some pictures if the lines don't look to long. Which would put me under the pacing requirement but just barely....

Thank you for all your tips! I'm going to pick your brain more I'm sure :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter