Bon Voyage Breakfast

mickeymom22

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno?

I just snagged a reservation...just wondering what you thought about the quality of the food and service?

Thanks!

Also, not staying on-site...how likely do you think I can park at the Boardwalk resort for our meal? Our meal is during the week before Christmas...

We went in October. Service was great, character interaction was really, really good (Flynn tried to teach DD how to "smolder," but I found the food just ok. The pastries were cute as far as theming, but didn't taste great. My mom and daughter liked their food (the royale breakfast and the pancakes), so maybe I just chose poorly. I had the King Triton shipwreck and I didn't expect it to be covered in marinara sauce, which just didn't work well for me with the breakfast items in the calzone. I would probably go again, but would choose something different.

We went in October. Service was great, character interaction was really, really good (Flynn tried to teach DD how to "smolder," but I found the food just ok. The pastries were cute as far as theming, but didn't taste great. My mom and daughter liked their food (the royale breakfast and the pancakes), so maybe I just chose poorly. I had the King Triton shipwreck and I didn't expect it to be covered in marinara sauce, which just didn't work well for me with the breakfast items in the calzone. I would probably go again, but would choose something different.

Thank you for your reply!

Went a few weeks ago with DD 14 - she loved the character interaction, said Flynn was so on point:lovestruc and Rapunzel was very good as well. It did take a little while to get visits from all 4, but waiter kept checking to see who had visited. We had the pancakes, which were good - way more than we could eat! I don't think I would have ordered anything else, menu is not made for a Plain Jane like me! Pastry in frying pan was very pretty - I did not eat any, DD did, but I don't know how they were. We were able to walk right into Epcot after for Frozen ride 1st thing, so that was good. I think it is worth it if you are into the characters, since you can't meet Flynn anywhere else except parties, and don't see Eric out often(we had met him w/Ariel years ago). Just an FYI in case you weren't aware, they don't appear together as couples, although DD did catch a photo while in the lobby of Ariel and Eric holding hands while leaving for a break! We enjoyed trying it, but don't think it would be a repeat for us like CP or TH. Will try GG next time, which was our original ADR, but DD wanted to try this and one popped up during our trip so we switched.

We went the Sat after Thanksgiving. We enjoyed it. Our food was good. My husband did say his steak could have been warmer. But overall we enjoyed the meal and the characters. My daughter had the kids steak and it was good. She likes her steak medium or rare and they did a good job cooking her small steak. Usually places burn up the kids’ steaks. I had the tangled eggs and they were really good.

Just know that anything that lists it has Sunday Gravy will have tomato sauce on it. You can ask for it on the side if you want. That’s what I did, but ended up putting on my eggs.

The characters were very talkative. Flynn showed my husband what was in his satchel. My husband hasn’t seen Tangled, so he was clueless.

For us it was one of the best character meals ever. Food wise it was the best. Character wise it ranked even if not a smidge ahead of 1900 Park breakfast with Hatter and Poppins. Interactions were great with both kids and adults.

I just realised that since my daughter and I are going alone, I won't be able to get any pictures of myself with the characters unless I let my 5 year old try to take them. Oops.

The characters were really good! We went the week of Thanksgiving. My dad and I both had the steak. It was okay. My mom had the pancakes which she liked but they were really thick. My hubby got the calzone which was by far the best meal. He's a super picky eater but loved it. I thought the pastries were okay although my kiddos dug in and ate most of them! We enjoyed it and would do it again without hesitation!

I just realised that since my daughter and I are going alone, I won't be able to get any pictures of myself with the characters unless I let my 5 year old try to take them. Oops.

You can usually grab a waitress or waiter to take a pic for you - they have done it for DD and I when dining alone for us taking a pic together with a character. In fact sometimes they have offered on their own to get us both in a pic. A person at a neighboring table is usually willing to help out as well. Enjoy!

So glad to read all these positive reviews. We are eating there in June. At 17 my daughter made me make this reservation so she could meet Rapunzel and Flynn.

I'm soooooo excited to eat here! My bf doesn't love characters, but I don't know if/when I'll get a chance to go to this again, so we're going in March.

About how long does it take for all the characters to make it by? I was hoping to be leaving the restaurant by 9:30 at the latest with an 8:05 am reservation.

I'm soooooo excited to eat here! My bf doesn't love characters, but I don't know if/when I'll get a chance to go to this again, so we're going in March.

About how long does it take for all the characters to make it by? I was hoping to be leaving the restaurant by 9:30 at the latest with an 8:05 am reservation.

You should be fine - we had 8:10 ADR and were seated quickly. We were done and paying our bill around 9. Left a little after and got to FEA by about 9:20. You can always ask for your bill at the beginning so once you finish and see all the characters you will be ready to head out.

We went in May for our birthdays and absolutely LOVED it! Our service was great, character interaction was amazing! The food! Wow! We both LOVED it, and thought that for the price it was TOTALLY worth it!!

We went to the Bon Voyage breakfast last week, and loved it. Flynn was really awesome! The wait was a little long to get in, and the waiting area was small, but that's really my only complaint since my kids got antsy. The space was very pretty! Pastries were OK, but very cute. DH and I both had the two eggs poached under water, which we enjoyed. The kids had the pancakes and waffles, but didn't like the pancakes (they were very thick). The press pot coffee was great! I'd say we ate for about an hour after we were seated. We went at 10:30 a.m., after Epcot EMH, and it was the perfect break before our FEA FP at noon.

We're excited to try this on our trip, too! How big are the portions? Trying to decide when to plan to have dinner after Bon Voyage at 10:20 a.m.

We liked the food in July very much. Flynn was absent the day we were there, so that was a big bummer. I want to try again in hopes of seeing him. If he isn't there a second time, I guess it just wasn't meant to be for me :rotfl:. The portions are huge. I couldn't come close to finishing my calzone.

We went to the Bon Voyage breakfast last week, and loved it. Flynn was really awesome! The wait was a little long to get in, and the waiting area was small, but that's really my only complaint since my kids got antsy. The space was very pretty! Pastries were OK, but very cute. DH and I both had the two eggs poached under water, which we enjoyed. The kids had the pancakes and waffles, but didn't like the pancakes (they were very thick). The press pot coffee was great! I'd say we ate for about an hour after we were seated. We went at 10:30 a.m., after Epcot EMH, and it was the perfect break before our FEA FP at noon.

You say the kids had pancakes and waffles but didn't like the pancakes. Was one the adult meal pancakes and the waffles the "flapjacks"? My daughter loves traditional pancakes but she's only 5 so would get the flapjacks

We liked the food in July very much. Flynn was absent the day we were there, so that was a big bummer. I want to try again in hopes of seeing him. If he isn't there a second time, I guess it just wasn't meant to be for me :rotfl:. The portions are huge. I couldn't come close to finishing my calzone.
Whoa! I hope he's there when we Go! We finally got a spot after waiting about 5 months. My DD is 11 and LOVES Tangled. For about 4 years of her life that's all she asked for was Rapunzel stuff. She knows about every character meal, except this one. After reading these reviews, I'm even more excited...at least I was until I saw that Flynn wasn't there. That IS a bummer.

Yeah we’re only going to see Flynn. If he is absent, so not worth it :(

Yeah we’re only going to see Flynn. If he is absent, so not worth it :(

That is the problem with character breakfasts. They never guarantee which characters will be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!