BOMA or Whispering Canyon

j-me

Mouseketeer
I have heard Whispering Canyon has changed. When we went before they did fun stuff with the kids in the resturant during the meal. We are on the Dining plan and we have ADR's. We are going to have twin 8 yr old boys.. Which would you choose? Boma (which we have never gone) or Whispering Canyon.

I love Boma but it is very different flavors of food. A lot is based on African culture. For adults it is amazing! All depends if you have a picky eater with you. The atmosphere is also amazing, you can check out the safari ahead of time.

As long as you don't have major picky eaters with you, I highly recommend it over Whispering Canyon!

I love Boma but it is very different flavors of food. A lot is based on African culture. For adults it is amazing! All depends if you have a picky eater with you. The atmosphere is also amazing, you can check out the safari ahead of time.

As long as you don't have major picky eaters with you, I highly recommend it over Whispering Canyon!

My DD is a pretty adventurous eater, but the smells in Boma (curries, spices, etc) actually made her nauseous and sadly we had to leave. DH and I really liked the food though.:(

Boma all the way. My kids are picky eaters too, but there are enough kid choices at Boma that most are fine. My kids loved the kids selections, hummus, fruits and even some of the salads.

We can get BBQ anywhere so WCC has never been a big draw. WCC is average BBQ at best.

We love Boma. Plus we love to visit AKL if we aren't staying there.

I think both are amazing but felt that BOMA offers more. Even with a picky eater, there's some standard Disney staples.

Boma for sure. The downside would be if your kids are so picky they won't eat--you pay the buffet price anyway.:earsboy:

Boma for sure!!! And take some extra time to walk around the resort. :thumbsup2

We would choose Boma. Our older children and us love it there! The entrees are different but delicious. Our last trip to whispering canyon wasn't very good.

lovetotraveltx said:
We would choose Boma. Our older children and us love it there! The entrees are different but delicious. Our last trip to whispering canyon wasn't very good.

Same with us. Our last 2 trips were bad. Couldn't even get any KETCHUP?!?!? And, no drink refills. And the food wasn't great... :sad:

Boma on the other hand - Fantastic service, great food, great atmosphere. LOVED it.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Boma hands down. Plus after dinner go outside and see the animals. we ate at whispering canyon over christmas and were not impressed with the food.

BOMA!!!! Definately!!!! You can go anywhere and get 'average BBQ' (which is what we feel WC offers!), you cannot go a lot of places and get African foods in a HUGE variety. And, the greatest part is that it gives people a choice on how many different types of foods to try. My kids LOVE to try different foods, that was a great place for them! But, many kids don't and they offer a lot of options for them too!

WC wasn't even 'great BBQ' it was average to below average for us- it was fun to go there, but we'd never go back again.

Are you looking for best food? best entertainment? most fun for the kids?

Boma hands-down was the best meal I had at Disney on our last trip. I thought the food was amazing. That said, my kids couldn't have cared less about it. They enjoyed seeing the animals at AKL, but you can't see the animals from the restaurant, so it was just a boring buffet with some good foods, some odd foods to them. They had an absolute blast at WC though and had a great time! If you're looking for a fun meal for 8 year old boys, I'd absolutely do WC. If you're judging solely on food, I'd go to Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!