BoG - QS credit + cupcake OOP - How to Order?

FriendoftheHatter

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,
I've decided to take a break from stressing about Irma (I'm supposed to arrive the 14th...) to plan some things I actually have control over.

I'd like to order a normal lunch meal and add a cupcake. (I love the gray stuff, it's delicious) I would prefer not to use a snack credit for the cupcake because I'm saving them for F&W but will if i have to. I know I can't combine multiple forms of payment in one transaction, and I definitely want to pre-order, so I was wondering what the best way was to pre-order food? I've done BoG before, but it was when desserts were still included in the QS credit, so this is a little new for me.

Do I put everything in the preorder and just explain what I want when I check in? Do I order everything but the cupcake in the pre-order and ask them to add it at the counter when I'm checking in? Will I have to wait for an order kiosk if I do it that way?

Thanks in advance!

You won't be able to preorder and split payment. Why do you want to preorder?

Actually you can use multiple forms of payment.
Found this out for myself the other day.
We preordered.
I thought I had enough to cover the bill on my Disney Visa redemption card. Turned out I was $1.80 shy.
Without hesitation the CM said $1.80 is still due. I handed her $1.80 and she handed me my receipt.
I THINK now that the problem is more that they don't want to calculate how much each person will own and split checks that way but if you'd like to pay with dining plan and then OOP for the cupcake that should not be a problem.
If for some reason it is then I'd just use a snack credit even though you would rather not.

We pre-ordered at BOG last month and had a cupcake on our order. I was planning on using a snack credit but was charged for it OOP. This was discussed on another thread where another poster had a similar experience to ours. It seems that BOG's default process is to charge the credits for the meals and anything extra is OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter