BOG no longer PPO? UPDATE: 8am now available May/June/July

I have a feeling that margins were not great, even with the price hikes and DDP credit use.

Too many shared meals and cupcakes. Staff is based on number of diners not their tab value.

I don't know about that. You get a lot less of people camping out at a table before 9am. I have been many times at 8 - most people were ordering meals. Some were splitting things - but that is probably what they do anyway. Not every one eats a large amount at every meal.

Edited to add - They should drop the pastry platter if they want people to spend more. And try running the place efficiently. We have ordered two cupcakes, a coffee and a coke and been given two plates of pastry. It's managed sloppily at best.

Last edited:
I think that's the thing, if this has gone away I'm going to bet it was because they were NOT benefiting, once someone ran the numbers and really studied how different profit was for hour 1 compared to other hours of operation.
My guess is the accountants have come up with a scheme...... I mean plan.......... for even higher profits.

I expect it will return...for $79. You will get a bad breakfast, a meet and greet with either the Beast or Gaston and a ride on the mine train. Oh well, something else we won't be doing in future trips.

My guess is $49. It has to be cheaper than EMM, since it is less of an experience, but I'll bet they could sell it at "under $50" with an 'exclusive' character meet & greet and a guaranteed ride on 7DMT. It wouldn't take the staffing levels of EMM because there wouldn't actually need to be any rides operating early - just the usual operating staff at BoG, a character and handler, and a CM to lead guests over to 7DMT a couple minutes ahead of the rope drop crowds to be first on the ride at 9 - and it really wouldn't be too hard to manage if they used a fixed seating time and fixed endpoint for the experience, particularly if they combine it with the pre-order system already in place there so they'd know how many of each meal to have ready to go for the day's crowd.

ETA: This would also, potentially, allow them to classify the experience as a table service character meal, rather than quick service, or exclude it from the dining plan entirely. Either one would increase profits over operating as a QS where many people share meals.

Last edited:
I couldn't give you an exact date, but the complaints started in multiple Facebook groups around the time I was booking my dining reservations and I am checking in May 16. If I remember correctly it was the week before my dates that it started, but again, I could be incorrect on that. All I know for sure is that it was around that time.
Yes, I couldn't get it and tried for May 13 and the 17th

I was just coming on to post that too! I had set up a Touring Plans reservation finder and just got the notification that they found a PPO BOG for me. It was available June 6-10 (our trip dates), and I also checked a couple of random May dates as well - PPO was available then too. YAY!

I just made one for 5/7 and saw that 5/2 was open as well. I'm only seeing 8:55 for them though. Anyone else have earlier times?

I just made one for 5/7 and saw that 5/2 was open as well. I'm only seeing 8:55 for them though. Anyone else have earlier times?
I got 8. But I was thinking that the earlier dates in May were already available. If so, then those could have already been booked up.

Just noticed at least for early July...
When I search for a PPO breakfast at BOG, the app on my phone wont show anything earlier than 8:55am but on the website I could get easily get 8:00am for any day of our trip.

I was just coming on to post that too! I had set up a Touring Plans reservation finder and just got the notification that they found a PPO BOG for me. It was available June 6-10 (our trip dates), and I also checked a couple of random May dates as well - PPO was available then too. YAY!
yes! I read on another forum they were available for June. Just got June 9th. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter