BOG no longer PPO? UPDATE: 8am now available May/June/July

EEva

Mouseketeer
Hello!
My ADR date is today and I was not able to see a single BOG time before 9am. I wonder if they are changing their hours? It was even the case on a morning that has EMM on the calendar. So that would ensure the park wouldn't open before 9am.
Has anyone hear any rumors of a change in operation hours? Or maybe another special (more expensive) PPO option coming at BOG? Just curious.

Thanks!

This has been an ongoing thing. Nothing has been announced, but it looks like they're stopping BOG as a workaround to get back into Fantasyland early.

CP is outside the ropes, and it is very rare for an 8:05AM at the castle to spit out before the ropes drop, and they can hold then in the tunnel anyway easily.

This has been an ongoing thing. Nothing has been announced, but it looks like they're stopping BOG as a workaround to get back into Fantasyland early.

CP is outside the ropes, and it is very rare for an 8:05AM at the castle to spit out before the ropes drop, and they can hold then in the tunnel anyway easily.

About how long this has not been available? I'm just surprised I haven't seen more uproar. :) Or maybe I just missed it.

About how long this has not been available? I'm just surprised I haven't seen more uproar. :) Or maybe I just missed it.

People have posted questioning it for a few weeks now.

But given that there has been no announcement, no one is positive why. It could be going away OR it could be being converted to a prix-fixe thing where the "just get a cup of coffee" or "just get a cup of coffee and a cupcake" thing is no longer an option so people who truly want to eat a meal will have a better shot (not to mention it will make it more cost-effective for them to be open if people are getting actual meals - I'm guessing they've been if not losing money then just breaking even just looking at the number of people on here who are in the coffee or coffee/cupcake camp).

But no official announcement equals no 100% reason why so therefore there is nothing concrete to rail against.

Yeah. No inside info, but it would be odd to make 8-9 actual prix fixe but not after 9; or, at least, awkward to implement and enforce in a meaningful way. Which is why I'm on the side of "maybe not opening until 9."

Different rules in different hours happens with EMH, sure, but not really with dining unless it's a full menu change over (Liberty Tree).

I hadn't heard this news. I'm pretty disappointed if they are eliminating the PPO times. We did it for the early chance at SDMT, but we also went to BOG at 8:05 and actually ate breakfast (with a cup of coffee, lol). In fact, I discovered that even later ADR's (we had an 8:35 last summer, I think) were allowed into BOG before it was officially 8:35. We got in at 8:00. So even when we weren't able to get the 8:05 time, we took any PPO, ate our breakfast, and were able to at least get in line for SDMT, if not get in a few rides on it, before the park opened. Sad if this is going away.

Different rules in different hours happens with EMH, sure, but not really with dining unless it's a full menu change over (Liberty Tree).

I was actually referring to EMM, the ticketed event where you get in early. So I know the park wouldn't open earlier than 9 am.

I hadn't thought about the "just coffee" crowd decreasing the profitability. Makes sense!

I had not heard this news previously either...

We have a ppo in may-so when are they ending?

I tend to think we'll see this come back, but as a "special dining experience" with a single start time, a per-person price tag and maybe even a guaranteed 7DMT ride. It was always just a matter of time before Disney did something about people going for a cupcake and a drink for early access to the parks, especially since the place has remained so inexplicably popular throughout the day. They must know they're turning people away who would drop $24pp for a meal because the people coming in for a $3 drink and $5 dessert are savvier about how to get high-demand ADRs.

I tend to think we'll see this come back, but as a "special dining experience" with a single start time, a per-person price tag and maybe even a guaranteed 7DMT ride. It was always just a matter of time before Disney did something about people going for a cupcake and a drink for early access to the parks, especially since the place has remained so inexplicably popular throughout the day. They must know they're turning people away who would drop $24pp for a meal because the people coming in for a $3 drink and $5 dessert are savvier about how to get high-demand ADRs.
Wouldn't it be great if they did this, but also added a meet and greet with the Beast?! AND kept it at $24? :rotfl2:

I got an 8:20 reservation (which I intend to arrive at 8am for) on April 19th, guess I got lucky if they're discontinuing it soon after this date!

I do plan to actually have breakfast, though :)

I couldn't give you an exact date, but the complaints started in multiple Facebook groups around the time I was booking my dining reservations and I am checking in May 16. If I remember correctly it was the week before my dates that it started, but again, I could be incorrect on that. All I know for sure is that it was around that time.

I expect it will return...for $79. You will get a bad breakfast, a meet and greet with either the Beast or Gaston and a ride on the mine train. Oh well, something else we won't be doing in future trips.

I haven't a clue what they are planning but I doubt it's going to be something that involves a ride on 7DMT.
They already have a ticketed event that provides that. Can't see them doing a 2nd one. Why would they? Just offer more dates of the one they have if anything.
Maybe they are just going to open for breakfast for people who actually want to, I don't know, eat breakfast. No reason to do that prior to park opening, take away the temptation of those who want to find a way to ride 7DMT (and order the minimum) and leave the bookings for those who actually want to eat. As one who would like to actually eat there, I applaud them if that's what they are doing.

I haven't a clue what they are planning but I doubt it's going to be something that involves a ride on 7DMT.
They already have a ticketed event that provides that. Can't see them doing a 2nd one. Why would they? Just offer more dates of the one they have if anything.
Maybe they are just going to open for breakfast for people who actually want to, I don't know, eat breakfast. No reason to do that prior to park opening, take away the temptation of those who want to find a way to ride 7DMT (and order the minimum) and leave the bookings for those who actually want to eat. As one who would like to actually eat there, I applaud them if that's what they are doing.
I guess that depends on whether people really are willing to spend $25 on a breakfast donut.

Disney benefited as much from that arrangement as guests did.

I guess that depends on whether people really are willing to spend $25 on a breakfast donut.

Disney benefited as much from that arrangement as guests did.
You didn't have to order a donut if you didn't want one. Or any food for that matter.

You didn't have to order a donut if you didn't want one. Or any food for that matter.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I think it was crazy that they didn't require people to actually order. But apparently enough people did. If they weren't benefiting, they wouldn't have been offering it.

So now it appears they have some sort of change in mind, which is fine with me if it makes availability better.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think it was crazy that they didn't require people to actually order. But apparently enough people did. If they weren't benefiting, they wouldn't have been offering it.

So now it appears they have some sort of change in mind, which is fine with me if it makes availability better.
I think that's the thing, if this has gone away I'm going to bet it was because they were NOT benefiting, once someone ran the numbers and really studied how different profit was for hour 1 compared to other hours of operation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter