BOG--do you have to order food?

1GoldenSun

DIS Veteran
This is probably a dumb question and I'm probably just conflating BOG info with the info about buffets, but can one of your party refrain from ordering at BOG?

My family are all moderate to big eaters and would never even consider not ordering food so it's never been an issue, but I know they wouldn't allow my 11-year-old son to order off the kids menu once. Well, they let him get grilled cheese, but they brought an adult portion at adult prices. We are soon to be traveling with family with small children who tend to nibble all day rather than sit down and eat a meal, and the parents would rather just give the children (both under 5) bits off their plates. Will this be allowed?

If the kids are 3+ they have to pay.

This 3-course dining experience is $62 for adults (ages 10 and up) and $37 for children (ages 3 to 9). Tax and gratuity are not included.

Ahhh, so it isn't just buffets; you also have to pay for fixed price meals whether you eat or not.

Thanks! We'll just hold the kids back from snacking too much before lunch. One is under 2 anyway so we'd just have to pay $37; not too bad even if they don't eat a thing.

And whoops--I just realized that I accidentally posted this to the Resorts forum rather than Restaurants. Thanks for moving it, mods!

I was reading the other day that BOG is strict on their age that if your child is over 9 they will give a larger adult portion which is currently $62.. I have small eaters for children and had planned to order them off the kid's menu but they would not pass for 9 and under and they would end up wasting a lot of money. So we released our reservation for our upcoming trip.

I was reading the other day that BOG is strict on their age that if your child is over 9 they will give a larger adult portion which is currently $62.. I have small eaters for children and had planned to order them off the kid's menu but they would not pass for 9 and under and they would end up wasting a lot of money. So we released our reservation for our upcoming trip.
Yeah, we paid $62 for two grilled cheese sandwiches and fries for my 11-year-old son, who of course only ate one sandwich and about 6 fries.

Yeah, we paid $62 for two grilled cheese sandwiches and fries for my 11-year-old son, who of course only ate one sandwich and about 6 fries.
I think I have this beat. Our kids got the Mac and cheese and they forgot to put cheese on it. By time they got it fixed the kids refused to eat any of what was brought out so basically paid that for them to eat nothing.

I think I have this beat. Our kids got the Mac and cheese and they forgot to put cheese on it. By time they got it fixed the kids refused to eat any of what was brought out so basically paid that for them to eat nothing.
Haha, I felt so bad about the uneaten $31 worth of sandwich and fries that I had the food put in a to-go box. I carried it around for the rest of the day, only to get back to the resort that night to find that the box had opened and my backpack was full of french fries. For the rest of the trip my backpack smelled like fried food and every time I reached into the bottom of it to get something out I'd get salt crystals under my finger nails.

This wasn't as bad as the time when he was 10 and ate one roll at Liberty Tree Tavern and then put his head down on the table and fell asleep for the rest of the meal. That roll was more expensive than the grilled cheese.

Actually if they screwed up your kids order so badly, and they didn’t want it once it was finally fixed... I bet you could have gotten those meals removed. It was their fault, not yours.

We had a wonderful meal at Be Our Guest this past July. Very tasty food and it was fun to see the Beast. I hope you enjoy it, too, OP.

Actually if they screwed up your kids order so badly, and they didn’t want it once it was finally fixed... I bet you could have gotten those meals removed. It was their fault, not yours.
Yeah we were surprised they didn’t offer anything and was long day for us so when got bill just wanted to get out of there and didn’t push to have removed. Maybe if we pointed out the kids didn’t even try it after the mess up they would have done it differently but I’m also fine just being in category of one and done for this place.

I hate that they try to justify the $62 cost by serving TWO grilled cheese sandwiches. Most adults don’t eat two grilled Cheese sandwiches! I consider it a small victory if my ten year old eats half of one.

I hate that they try to justify the $62 cost by serving TWO grilled cheese sandwiches. Most adults don’t eat two grilled Cheese sandwiches! I consider it a small victory if my ten year old eats half of one.

They could always not even offer the option of a larger kids' meal and make everyone of-age order from the adult menu. They're trying to accommodate.

Yes this seems so wrong! Disney shouldn’t take advantage of people like that.

Yes this seems so wrong! Disney shouldn’t take advantage of people like that.

They're charging the adult rate, like they do at every fixed price restaurant on property for anyone over the age of 9. Like @Dug720 said in the post above yours, they're trying to accommodate by serving kid friendly food when they could just make the kid order off the adult menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!