BOG Breakfast

DisneeeDad

Earning My Ears
is BOG breakfast worth it?? We have done BOG lunch and dinner but not sure about breakfast. How is the food??? My wife and daughter are not big fans of breakfast food so we are debating on cancelling our ADR.

I don't do it for the food. I go for the early park admission so I can try get 1 or 2 early rides on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train or Peter Pan b/f the park opens. Def check that your ADR is for a regular 9am opening day because if it is an early 8am magic day, that shoots the value for the BOG breakfast. If on the Disney Dining Plan, it can be a good $ value for a CS (counter service) meal. But if paying OOP, it is incredibly $ & that price reflects the reality that WDW knows people are using breakfast to get a jump on the rides lines. Do know that if paying OOP, many DIS'rs have reported being able to share entrees or just paying for a cupcake & coffee, etc to keep the price manageable. The food itself is OK. But not $25 wonderful. If you are paying those prices, you are not paying for incredible food but paying for early park admission for a jump on headliner rides.

I don't do it for the food. I go for the early park admission so I can try get 1 or 2 early rides on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train or Peter Pan b/f the park opens. Def check that your ADR is for a regular 9am opening day because if it is an early 8am magic day, that shoots the value for the BOG breakfast. If on the Disney Dining Plan, it can be a good $ value for a CS (counter service) meal. But if paying OOP, it is incredibly $ & that price reflects the reality that WDW knows people are using breakfast to get a jump on the rides lines. Do know that if paying OOP, many DIS'rs have reported being able to share entrees or just paying for a cupcake & coffee, etc to keep the price manageable. The food itself is OK. But not $25 wonderful. If you are paying those prices, you are not paying for incredible food but paying for early park admission for a jump on headliner rides.
We have an 8:15 reservation time and normal park hours. We are paying OOP, so that may influence our decision. Thanks

Know that w an 8:15 ADR, you can still get in early & don't have to wait for 8:15am to actually get into the park. eg arrive at the MK gate by 6:50 am, get through security, then line up on the far L hand side in the special early Dining line. Last Fall, I got into the line by 7:30am (even when my ADR was for 8:20am), and they let all of us in line into the park by 7:50am. I was the first one into BOG at 8am (others were taking pics of an empty Main Street & Castle shots) and since I had done my meal selection online beforehand (def must do this), I had my food by 8:05am and was finished by 8:20am. I was in the line for 7DMT by 8:25am and rode 3x b/f the crowds arrived. Riding b/f the crowds is not guaranteed. Sometimes they will allow. Sometimes not. Sometimes BOG guests squeek in 1 pre-opening ride b/f the parks open. But after the 3 rides, I got in the regular stand-by line and rode one more time with a 20 min wait. So for me, the ADR was worthwhile. Everyone's mileage will vary. Personally, I would only recommend BOG breakfast if you want to try for pre-park opening rides or if you absolutely can't get a lunch or dinner ADR & you must see the interior of the Castle. Otherwise, the food is not worth the time & price.

Not a good value if paying OOP, overpriced food and is not all you care to eat or a character breakfast, BOG is a beautiful restaurant either breakfasts or dinner do not justify the cost when they are open for lunch and is way more affordable and worthy, keep looking for a lunch reservations if is a must for your trip, if you're doing it to be inside the park before rope drope just for that it might be worth, I don't think the menus are appealing at all and you already stated you are not breakfast food people

Not a good value if paying OOP, overpriced food and is not all you care to eat or a character breakfast, BOG is a beautiful restaurant either breakfasts or dinner do not justify the cost when they are open for lunch and is way more affordable and worthy, keep looking for a lunch reservations if is a must for your trip, if you're doing it to be inside the park before rope drope just for that it might be worth, I don't think the menus are appealing at all and you already stated you are not breakfast food people
It is definitely not a must for us. It is actually our Daughters Birthday. She wanted to go to CRT but we were unable to secure an ADR. So we grabbed the BOG breakfast so at least she was in a castle for her Special day. Just struggling to justify the cost. The early ride time for 7DMT could be a small perk but if there is no riding before the opening crowds or the breakfast takes too long, That perk evaporates.

It's not even a good value on DDP, honestly, unless you measure value solely in "credit price vs. list price."

The food isn't very good for breakfast, and it's basically a themed cafeteria.

It is definitely not a must for us. It is actually our Daughters Birthday. She wanted to go to CRT but we were unable to secure an ADR. So we grabbed the BOG breakfast so at least she was in a castle for her Special day. Just struggling to justify the cost. The early ride time for 7DMT could be a small perk but if there is no riding before the opening crowds or the breakfast takes too long, That perk evaporates.
I love BOG but is a glorified counter service restaurant is not worth the price keep calling for CRT last month I called the reservation line and they did have for the very next morning!

We must be the crazy family. We really liked the breakfast food. It was charming to be in the park before it opened. We loved the preorder idea and the boxes the food came in were so cute! We left and did mine train three or four times. One of my favorite memories of the trip.

Since it's quick service and you dont think the cost is worth it, why not split an entree? You can have a snack or something before or after BoG so that even if you don't eat much there, you'll be filled up. That way, you'll get to experience that castle for a bit if you really can't get CRT. For what it's worth, I heard CRT food isn't that great either.

Know that w an 8:15 ADR, you can still get in early & don't have to wait for 8:15am to actually get into the park. eg arrive at the MK gate by 6:50 am, get through security, then line up on the far L hand side in the special early Dining line. Last Fall, I got into the line by 7:30am (even when my ADR was for 8:20am), and they let all of us in line into the park by 7:50am. I was the first one into BOG at 8am (others were taking pics of an empty Main Street & Castle shots) and since I had done my meal selection online beforehand (def must do this), I had my food by 8:05am and was finished by 8:20am. I was in the line for 7DMT by 8:25am and rode 3x b/f the crowds arrived. Riding b/f the crowds is not guaranteed. Sometimes they will allow. Sometimes not. Sometimes BOG guests squeek in 1 pre-opening ride b/f the parks open. But after the 3 rides, I got in the regular stand-by line and rode one more time with a 20 min wait. So for me, the ADR was worthwhile. Everyone's mileage will vary. Personally, I would only recommend BOG breakfast if you want to try for pre-park opening rides or if you absolutely can't get a lunch or dinner ADR & you must see the interior of the Castle. Otherwise, the food is not worth the time & price.

Thank you for sharing this. We have a pre park opening reservation for BOG in a few weeks. Good to know we need to arrive early to make it through security. I'm excited for our breakfast, the pictures online look yummy.

We will be on the DDP and have an 8:15 am ressie. Has anyone tried sharing meals on the DDP? We are a party of 4 and I'm thinking we would try to use only 2 credits. I'd love to know if this is possible. Also, could I preorder for just the 2 meals? Thanks in advance! :)

We will be on the DDP and have an 8:15 am ressie. Has anyone tried sharing meals on the DDP? We are a party of 4 and I'm thinking we would try to use only 2 credits. I'd love to know if this is possible. Also, could I preorder for just the 2 meals? Thanks in advance! :)
Yes, you can share. Yes, you can preorder as little as a coffee or Mickey straw.

Is bog all it's cracked up to be? Or a little overrated?

Haven't managed to get reservation yet. We have the dining plan.

Is bog all it's cracked up to be? Or a little overrated?

Haven't managed to get reservation yet. We have the dining plan.

It's extremely over rated. We went for dinner and the food was just ok. Service was slow and the beast just walked through the dining room. There was no time to even grab the camera to take a picture because he was already gone. The dining room was pretty but not worth the hassle IMO. We are going to try breakfast this year not cause of the food but because I want to get in early.

I am trying to pre-order for tomorrow morning, but keep getting the something is wrong - stitch ate the page. How do I pre-order?????

I am trying to pre-order for tomorrow morning, but keep getting the something is wrong - stitch ate the page. How do I pre-order?????
Are you on the app or the website? Have you tried both?

We think PPO breakfast is worth it. We have never needed to order an entree for everyone though. We definitely split things and share the pastries.

OP you could go and get breakfast cupcakes if that is something that would appeal to your daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter