BOG Breakfast vs. Crystal Palace Breakfast

ChloeChipper

Mouseketeer
Here is my dilemma. We have 8:15 reservations for Be Our Guest on a day that MK opens at 9, but now I hear that they let everyone in the park an hour early, so that reservation may not give us the perk we had originally thought.

So I was just able to also get a later morning ressie at Crystal Palace (10:10). I have them both right now, but obviously want to cancel one.

Which one would you keep? and why? 2 adult women traveling. No kiddos!

Crystal Palace is buffet with characters. BOG is a select menu that you can pre-order from with no characters.

It depends. What prompted you to make the CP reservation? Is the BOG one too early or is it because you'd prefer a character meal?

Depends on what you were looking for. Crystal Palace has some really good food, Pooh and friends come around for the photo opps and it always gets us in a festive Disney mood. BOG food has come to the table cold for us a few times. If you really want to try BOG try to get a lunch ressie. That way you can check out the interior and I think it's still a counter service credit. So my vote is for the Palace.

I personally prefer CP! I was not a huge fan of the breakfast food at BOG. However it is quicker to do BOG if you aren't looking to sit interact with characters. We generally go in and get our first must do rides out of the way and then head to CP for a late brunch:) I book all our FP+ for the early afternoon when it tends to be super busy.

Depends on what you were looking for. Crystal Palace has some really good food, Pooh and friends come around for the photo opps and it always gets us in a festive Disney mood. BOG food has come to the table cold for us a few times. If you really want to try BOG try to get a lunch ressie. That way you can check out the interior and I think it's still a counter service credit. So my vote is for the Palace.
I agree the lunch food is better at BOG and it is still QS at lunch:-)

Here is my dilemma. We have 8:15 reservations for Be Our Guest on a day that MK opens at 9, but now I hear that they let everyone in the park an hour early, so that reservation may not give us the perk we had originally thought.

So I was just able to also get a later morning ressie at Crystal Palace (10:10). I have them both right now, but obviously want to cancel one.

Which one would you keep? and why? 2 adult women traveling. No kiddos!

I'd keep BoG and would plan on eating and getting out by 8:40ish so you can ride 7DMT without a wait. All reports coming in are saying this is still the protocol. Others are allowed in at 8, but held back at the castle.

thanks for your replies.

Not on the dining plan, so we will pay out of pocket.
I originally got the BOG so we could eat quick and get in line for 7DMT before everyone else gets in the park. But then I have heard reports about them letting the masses in prior to the 9am opening time, which would mean that we would have no advantage. The price seems high for a basic breakfast, and have heard mixed reviews on the breakfasts - so I was really only doing this for the early entrance advantage (and some edible food hopefully).

Once I found out that it may not benefit us much at all to eat there, I started searching for other options for meals and Crystal Palace came up. Just confusing myself more than anything.

We've done both (CP many times), and we would choose Crystal Palace any day over BOG. We found the breakfast at BOG to be terribly overpriced, and just not good. The pastries were very boring and dry. The main courses were very small, and just not satisfying. We were very disappointed with BOG.

Now, we've always had great breakfasts at Crystal Palace. The buffet always had fresh, hot choices and very good pastries/sweets. Plus, you get the Pooh characters (Eeyore is my favorite), so that's a great bonus.

Unless you really want a big breakfast, I would cancel both! Use the morning to tour the parks and then take a break somewhere for lunch.

They are only letting people in up to the hub area not the entire park itself so the BOG would still give you an advantage as long as you are done eating a bit before 9am and with being able to pre-order online and an 8:15 reservation I think you should be fine.

thanks for your replies.

Not on the dining plan, so we will pay out of pocket.
I originally got the BOG so we could eat quick and get in line for 7DMT before everyone else gets in the park. But then I have heard reports about them letting the masses in prior to the 9am opening time, which would mean that we would have no advantage. The price seems high for a basic breakfast, and have heard mixed reviews on the breakfasts - so I was really only doing this for the early entrance advantage (and some edible food hopefully).

Once I found out that it may not benefit us much at all to eat there, I started searching for other options for meals and Crystal Palace came up. Just confusing myself more than anything.

"Letting everyone in prior to opening" means everyone is allowed in and onto Main St; it does not mean they are let into the complete park. Your early BoG still puts you ahead of all of them as long as you are out of the restaurant by 8:45 or so. The rope won't drop until 9:00, but the hordes will be closer to BoG and get there faster than if they were still outside the entrance.

Pre order your meal(s) and be at the park by 7:45. You'll be fine. You don't have to order complete meals. You could have just a cupcake and some coffee.

I love CP breakfast. The fried french toast is SO YUMMY. The characters are so cute and both times we've gone each one of my kids got to hold hands with Tigger and parade around the room. One of my most favorite memories from both trips! That said, you have no kids with you, so I don't know if the character thing would be worth it for you. I would keep the BOG because the room is so neat to see. I LOVE BatB, so it was very exciting for me. :)

If getting pics with an empty park is your dream you need bog. It gets you past the hub. It also lets you get queued up for 7dmt or pp. It's also a qs and not a ts. Order online in advance and it will speed things up.

That being said I like cp food better and the character interaction. No characters at bog for breakfast.

My next trip I am doing both. One day we go to bog pre rope drop. One we go to cp. I don't like picking between favorites.

Order online in advance and it will speed things up.

We swore they actually COOKED our food when we pre-ordered it, LOL! It was not exactly hot and fresh. Got to the table quite quickly though, and we were early for our reservation.

OP, the last time I ate at Crystal Palace was 40 years ago, and BOG was almost exactly a year ago (tomorrow!). I'd choose Crystal Palace if having a good breakfast is the goal. But if being at the head of the 7DMT line is the goal, go for BOG. It's not horrible or anything. Just expensive for what you get, and the place itself is...eh. A dressed up cafeteria packed with people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter