Body Glide Replacement

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
We usually use Body Glide with our sandals and certain other places to avoid rubbing and chafing. However, can't seem to find it yesterday - anyone recommend a replacement that works?

Search near the band aids. Bandaid sells a type that works. If not just use a light coating of petroleum jelly. Not as comfortable as body glide but it works.

Arm & Hammer makes a version of it usually near the band-aids (it looks like a deodorant tube). We also LOVE the Monistat anti-chafe gel. In a tube over by the women's care stuff.

I hate to say it, but I've tried EVERYTHING that is sold at normal stores, EVERYTHING. And the only thing that has ever worked for me is Body Glide... the stuff is absolutely magical.

I've seen it available for purchase at Target, REI and then some specialty running stores.

I buy it from Amazon. They have recently changed their packaging and types-for her-pink, for him-blue, for foot-purple, etc. I would imagine it all works the same though. Target has it as well.
I would not go to WDW without it!

Ok guys, tell me more about this! Does it look funny if it's visible? Does it mess up your shoes?

Ok guys, tell me more about this! Does it look funny if it's visible? Does it mess up your shoes?

Completely inviside. It is like deoderant really. Shouldn't mess up your shoes but I don't put it on the shoe ever. I put it directly on feet.

Body Glide is amazing-no mess, not sticky, you can't feel it is even on, easily portable (I reapply if it rains or is particularly hot) and since I started using it about 8 years ago I have not gotten one blister-not in Disney wearing sandals all day until park close or hiking for 7 hours in Maine.

Wow! I assumed it was like Vaseline and kinda messy. I am going to have to get some!!!

Sadly, Blister Block by Band-Aid (Johnson & Johnson) has been discontinued! I honestly can't believe it because it is such an awesome product. But I found info from the company online and it's true - it was discontinued in March 2016. It can still be bought on 3rd party sites but is ridiculously expensive. I have a bit left but I'm going to try Body Glide Blister Balm which I got from Amazon.

Monistat anti-chaffing cream. Dries to a nice, powdery finish. It is found in the feminine product aisle at drug stores.

Monistat anti-chaffing cream. Dries to a nice, powdery finish. It is found in the feminine product aisle at drug stores.

YES! This cream is the best. It works so well for any chaffing or rubbing as a preventive measure and also soothes rashes. We use it at WDW, the beach and most of the summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter