Boatwrights - Pete's Rant

Jennifoo

Earning My Ears
Was Boatwrights one of the restaurants that Pete was saying was not good? Something about something being in his food? I can't remember which episode it was. Just wondering if it would be fine to skip over it or if I'm missing out on something special when I visit POR. Thanks!

I haven't seen Pete's rant, but I can they're inconsistent.

In November, my friend and I thought it was one of the best meals we had all week! I took a solo trip at the end of March, and visited again. Unfortunately, the service was slow, inattentive, and the food was disappointing. I can't bring myself to eat there again for a while.

Was Boatwrights one of the restaurants that Pete was saying was not good? Something about something being in his food? I can't remember which episode it was. Just wondering if it would be fine to skip over it or if I'm missing out on something special when I visit POR. Thanks!
If you do a YouTube search of the DIS Unplugged channel, and put dis unplugged boatwrights in the search bar, several reviews (1 will be the Dining Show - that may be the main one/the one you're talking about - not sure, and don't have time to watch myself right now) come up - of Boatwright's, and POR. Do take notice most of them are a year or more old, so things may or may not have changed.

I've dined at Boatwright's a few times when I was actually staying at POR. I thought it was fine but not someplace I would go out of my way to eat.

If I recall, I think the place where there was hair in Pete's food was the place at the Yacht Club that has since closed and been replaced by Ale & Compass.

I think the rant you're thinking of is from the hair found in the bottom of a dish at Captain's Grille, although he doesn't hold Boatwright's in high regard either. I'm pretty sure when they reviewed it though he really liked what he got. It sounds like you have to know what to order there. Some dishes they do well and some they don't and if they don't it sounds like it's pretty terrible. They rave about the QS there so maybe try that out instead?

I've dined at Boatwright's a few times when I was actually staying at POR. I thought it was fine but not someplace I would go out of my way to eat.

If I recall, I think the place where there was hair in Pete's food was the place at the Yacht Club that has since closed and been replaced by Ale & Compass.

And the manager semi-accused them of planting the hair!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter